• ...and so much more!
  • MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    If at first you don't "See Seed", keep looking until you do see seed...Well presently a house cleaning in Washington would be better by far than a Civil War but if Texas was forced into secession from the US, we should export a few million persons of the type that we find repugnant to Kalifornia & Mass, NY, & NJ....You know who they are.

Im with ya man!! Im with ya!
    When were done we can make me the President.... I'll do some stuff!!

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    If at first you don't "See Seed", keep looking until you do see seed...Well presently a house cleaning in Washington would be better by far than a Civil War but if Texas was forced into secession from the US, we should export a few million persons of the type that we find repugnant to Kalifornia & Mass, NY, & NJ....You know who they are.

Mexicans?

Cliffh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    North Texas
    Why would a civil war have to be a consequence of any state seceding from the Union? Seems to me that it could be accomplished without a bunch of shooting.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Why would a civil war have to be a consequence of any state seceding from the Union? Seems to me that it could be accomplished without a bunch of shooting.

Have you looked at a history book lately? LOL ...

Texas has twice had to go to war to secede from it's union. Guess what will happen the third time?

Shooterman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2010
    SE Texas

I would suggest out of the three attempts at secession, ( not counting the Texas Revolution ) one was without bloodshed and was peaceful, though contentious. Two were damned bloody and only one of those was successful.

Of the two bloody ones, the Redcoats had long and slow supply lines. The most recent was as bloody as it gets killing somewhere in the neighborhood of 620000 American soldiers, an untold amount maimed for life, and hundreds of thousands of civilians either killed, raped, or maimed. Presidents from Illinois seem to be in their own world; there is no reason to presume the one now in power will react any differently than the last one.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    sit in the forest speaking to the tree spirits..

i hear that can be really fun if you get the right mushrooms on your pizza. (apparently this is popular in austin)

as far as the history books, yes. this is correct. you all have read the articles. im not going to get into it.

as far as secession... well, i just hope all the military men in this state make the regime change with us.

it would be like germany deciding to open up a bunch of summer camps again, with all the US bases stragically placed around, it would be over in days.

not to mention mexico, they've been aching to take this place from us since way back in the day.

Vance

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    San Leon Texas
    Reading all the posts makes me wonder.

It seems the general consensus is that we (Texas) will suceed from the US, and create our own one party government. Anyone that disagrees or opposes said goverment, will either be forced out or suffer the consequences. That about right ?

If so, that pretty much sounds like a couple places that already exist across the pacific ocean and just south of Florida.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Reading all the posts makes me wonder.

It seems the general consensus is that we (Texas) will suceed from the US, and create our own one party government. Anyone that disagrees or opposes said goverment, will either be forced out or suffer the consequences. That about right ?

If so, that pretty much sounds like a couple places that already exist across the pacific ocean and just south of Florida.

well i for one am looking forward to the cigars.

;)

Bushmaster

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2010
    Dallas
    I have a friend in Arizona who is asking that very same question. Him and a growing number of others. I'd like to know what we're waiting for. A change of course in Washington? You know as well as I do that's not going to happen. But as far as New Mexico joining us and Arizona, don't cont on it. The government has too much vested in Los Alamos.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    The government has too much vested in Los Alamos.

And they dont have much invested in Ft. Hood? The largest Army base in the world....
    Anyone that thinks seccession would be some cakewalk and handled diplomatically without bloodshed has beeen hitting the crackpipe a little too hard.

They would use the PR machine to paint us as terrorists and the majority of the rest of the nation would rally behind Washington. It would unite the country against us and make them forget their other issues.

I think seccesion is legal as it ought to be but DC disagrees with my view and would never let it happen.

Work within the system in place to put in the people that should be there. Pie in the sky seccesion talk gets us nowhere.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    i hear that can be really fun if you get the right mushrooms on your pizza. (apparently this is popular in austin)

as far as the history books, yes. this is correct. you all have read the articles. im not going to get into it.

as far as secession... well, i just hope all the military men in this state make the regime change with us.

it would be like germany deciding to open up a bunch of summer camps again, with all the US bases stragically placed around, it would be over in days.

not to mention mexico, they've been aching to take this place from us since way back in the day.

I've done some research into the Mexican army. Let's just say they don't really worry me. Otherwise you're right. I guarantee they'd give it a go, but the animosity still runs both ways. You guys might not see it if you've lived here all your life, but there is definitely bad blood between Mexico and Texas, with both sides harboring at least some part of a grudge.

Shooterman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2010
    SE Texas
    I've done some research into the Mexican army. Let's just say they don't really worry me. Otherwise you're right. I guarantee they'd give it a go, but the animosity still runs both ways. You guys might not see it if you've lived here all your life, but there is definitely bad blood between Mexico and Texas, with both sides harboring at least some part of a grudge.

Yeah, they took umbrage when we kicked their asses at San Jacinto.

leonidas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2010
    Plano
    That aside, wouldn't it be better to wait a few years to see the results of the next few elections? There is always a possibility that Washington may listen to the voters when they start losing offices in record numbers.

Tsk, tsk, tsk. Eight years of Bush and a Republican congress only brought us more security acts, liberty restrictive legislation, and spending, spending, spending. Let us not forget that if it weren't for Obama's orgy of spending, Bush would have been the biggest spender in Presidential history. the Tea Party has been hijacked by ex Neo-cons posing as constiutionalists who want limited government. I can only hope they have some sense of personal intergrity to see their rhetoric through and keep their promises. History tells me otherwise.

Remember: If I want the government to control me domestically, I'm a liberal. If I want government to control foreign peoples, I'm a conservative. If I want government to control both domestic and foreign persons, I'm a moderate. If I don't want government to control me, I'm an extremist.

Top Bottom