Guns International

Need .30 cal can: YHM 7.62 Ti Phantom vs AAC 762-SDN-6 ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Which would you get?

• YHM 7.62 Ti Phantom

Votes: 9 52.9%
    • AAC 762-SND-6

Votes: 8 47.1%

• Total voters

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    Well fit and finish seem a little nicer. Slightly more difficult to unattach it seems, maybe that's just me or the learning curve. It's slightly longer. The noise reduction seemed very close. I could def shoot it without ear pro if I wanted. I look forward to trying it out on a 762 rifle.

Sugar Land

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 7, 2012
    Sugar Land Texas
    Well fit and finish seem a little nicer. Slightly more difficult to unattach it seems, maybe that's just me or the learning curve. It's slightly longer. The noise reduction seemed very close. I could def shoot it without ear pro if I wanted. I look forward to trying it out on a 762 rifle.

That will be the real test. That is what it was designed to?

Sugar Land

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 7, 2012
    Sugar Land Texas
    I would guess that the difference between the bore of the baffle and the diameter of the projectile would play a big part of the Db reduction. What do you think?

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    POI shift, speaking from some small bit of personal experience threading barrels and mounting cans, tends to be more of a function of the threads being concentric to the bore (instead of to the outside of the barrel). Blew out some cans experimenting, and found that a half-decent can usually has very little shift when mounted to specification on a correctly threaded barrel.

While I like the AAC cans (and the Surefire) a lot, I kept a YHM Ti .30 for myself (with mounts on a 700P, REPR, and a SBR/FA AAC 300 Blackout). At $750ish, they are acceptable (even with the fugly adapters)...

Alex

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    I would guess that the difference between the bore of the baffle and the diameter of the projectile would play a big part of the Db reduction. What do you think?

Yes. They don't always work as well when the can is overbore compared to the bullet. But some reduction is better than none.

Sent without thinking via tapatalk.

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    Again, i'd like to try these outside with no earpro next to each other... Inside this weekend, it sounded pretty damn similar in the noise reduction on a 5.56 round.

macshooter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2012
    EL Chuco
    POI shift, speaking from some small bit of personal experience threading barrels and mounting cans, tends to be more of a function of the threads being concentric to the bore (instead of to the outside of the barrel). Blew out some cans experimenting, and found that a half-decent can usually has very little shift when mounted to specification on a correctly threaded barrel.

While I like the AAC cans (and the Surefire) a lot, I kept a YHM Ti .30 for myself (with mounts on a 700P, REPR, and a SBR/FA AAC 300 Blackout). At $750ish, they are acceptable (even with the fugly adapters)...

Alex

I told my dealer today I'm gonna go with the 7.62 Ti Phantom, on account of the lighter weight and the price. Also I don't really want to have to get another adapter to go in between the barrel and the suppressor mount on the M1A. Just another thing that could go wrong. There may be nicer/better cans out there, but for the money I would rather have two good cans, than one super expensive one however nice it may be. So it looks like that, and the 9mm Wraith XL QD as a dedicated SBR can, and maybe the Specter II for the 22 plinkers, and I'll be set.

Top Bottom