• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    I need a cheap 308 rifle, maybe the cheapest way to go is a 308 upper for a ar-15. Idk though. any ideas?

Bullseye Shooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Texas Panhandle
    As High-Cap 1911 said, a .308 upper won't work on a .223 lower.

Savage makes a decent rifle at a good price and they have models with fiberglass stocks, rather than wood. I have a Model 110L that I bought back in 1968 and it still shoots under a minute at 100 yards. Their package rifles are a good deal and you could probably find one at Academy. Or check your local WalMart; the guys in Sporting Goods have a catalog of guns that are available from the warehouse. That's how I got the extra barrel for my Rem 870.

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    ok i really like that Saiga, where to buy one? price? Could I replace the stock with a dragunov stock since its based on the ak action? What about a side mount scope?

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    We have a Savage Model 10 with a muzzle break and bull barrel for $600 - 700 at Red's. All you'd need is a good set of rings and bases, and a $300 Super Sniper 10x scope. That's a solid 3/4 MOA rifle right out of the box with good ammo. Spend some money on a good stock like a B&C, Mc, etc. and you'll have a 1/2 MOA rifle.

Remington builds a factory 5R barreled 700 that is an excellent buy at $1000 new. The 5R barrel is widely used by military sniper teams, including our own, and others around the world.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    We have a Savage Model 10 with a muzzle break and bull barrel for $600 - 700 at Red's. All you'd need is a good set of rings and bases, and a $300 Super Sniper 10x scope. That's a solid 3/4 MOA rifle right out of the box with good ammo. Spend some money on a good stock like a B&C, Mc, etc. and you'll have a 1/2 MOA rifle.

Remington builds a factory 5R barreled 700 that is an excellent buy at $1000 new. The 5R barrel is widely used by military sniper teams, including our own, and others around the world.
    Didn't he say cheap?

Top Bottom