• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Looking for an entry level red dot sight for an AR15. Use would be HD <25yds scenario (more realistically like 5-10). His preference is the hood style type as opposed to the tubed scope so he can retain a good FOV shooting both eyes open. $125-$200 is palatable. I don't think he wants to pay for an Eotech. The rifle does have a FSB so I need to know if a riser is required too.

I see Burris makes several models in their FastFire line. https://www.primaryarms.com/Burris-s/583.htm Anyone have an experience?

What others should I be looking at?

Thanks

Last edited:

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    You sure he doesn't want an EOTech? Cause the $60 rebate is still going on until Jan 31st.

Model 512 for $289 after rebate is a hell of a deal and if he's willing to put up $200, saving another $89 isn't too bad for a much higher quality sight is it?

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    I should rephrase, he may want it, but he don't wanna pay for it lol I'll pass the info on to him though, it might be enough to change his mind. Do you have a link for the vendor/rebate?

proforguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2010
    Pipe Creek
    I have an Aimpoint and can shoot <25 yards with both eyes open easy.Pretty sure Vortex Strikefire would do the job and would be a lot more durable than a fastfire.

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    I should rephrase, he may want it, but he don't wanna pay for it lol I'll pass the info on to him though, it might be enough to change his mind. Do you have a link for the vendor/rebate?

The one I bought was from Katy Gun Gear at a Houston gun show, $349 cash out the door, and -$60 rebate came out to $289. I don't know if they still have that price going or not.

The closest Internet deal I could find to that price is at Aim Surplus: EOTech 512 Holographic Weapon Sight
    Enter the promo code: BRYANFREAKINROCKS

And it comes out to $359 with free shipping. So umm $299 with the -$60 rebate offer. You gotta fill out and send in the receipt/UPC code to http://eotech.rebateaccess.com for the rebate.

You could also maybe see if Jakasshh could get one for cheaper with his Gander Mtn employee discount and use the rebate with that for super mega savings?

Last edited:

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Grumper, I appreciate the details on the rebate. Will look into it.

Moonpie, thanks. I saw that page. Great prices but what I don't know is how good the equipment is. So, I need some reviews & feedback too.

I have shot the Vortex StrikeFire at the range. "Inceptor" let me shoot his at the range one meetup we had. It did well. I was on the bench at 25yds so I did not get a variety of use, but it did good. I have suggested it but it isn't gaining traction yet.

pvtsnowball82

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Outside San Antonio
    Bushnell TRS-25 is a very inexpensive micro-type RDS. I like mine, have no complaints so far. You'd need a riser, though.

Top Bottom