• ...and so much more!
  • The Lox

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Farmers Branch
    Why are you in such a hurry, why not just wait and get the gun you originally wanted. Also maybe next time you'll just the money for the gun you want ahead of time instead of doing some half assed consignment +cash deal...
    DK Firearms

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Why are you in such a hurry, why not just wait and get the gun you originally wanted. Also maybe next time you'll just the money for the gun you want ahead of time instead of doing some half assed consignment +cash deal...

It is what it is - rather than bust his chops, why not figger that he's done that to himself already?

Sheesh!!!!!

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Wait, so it's his fault the ffl dealer is trying to screw him over, He asked for nothing before he had the gun completly paid for, the ffl dealer was out nothing, actually pretty far ahead considering he got his share and gave nothing in return. It should have been zero risk if the dealer wasn't crooked. If the dealer had a problem with delayed payment for some reason he should have ended the deal before hand and returned his money for the rifle consignment. But lets blame the victim, just like the people walking there dog in the park at night, jeeze, they deserve to be robbed.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I agree with TXR. Get your money in whatever form you can (different gun etc) then TELL him you will post his name and the details on the forum. That's where we have power. Word of mouth can be heaven or Hell. Besides....if he's a dick, we need to know it.

Flash

Big J

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2010
    Karnes City Texas
    Get the Sig, and on the way out the door let him know that you won't be back, and intend to inform others. THEN name him here. He's free to come on and give "his side" if he wishes.
    Thats what I plan to do.I feel people do need to know the name of the place, It was a actual gun store. I did talked to the police who said it was a civil matter and they had me get in touch with the justice of the peace. She explained the process to me and also all the fees it wold cost to file a case in small claims court. I feel if I just get the sig get out of this deal and chalk it up to a leasson learn on to handle future dealings with people.

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    ...get out of this deal and chalk it up to a leasson learn on to handle future dealings with people.

Yup. Unfortunately, that'll be the easiest and most painless way to get this behind you.
    Sorry you had to go through that crap.

Don't forget to let us all know who this jerk is once you are done dealing with him.

Rum Runner

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Plano
    Just an FYI, contracts in TX are similar to many other states.

An oral contract is just as valid as a written one. TEXAS CONTRACT LAW
    Under the Statue of Frauds, only certain contracts are required to be in writing, nothing here qualifies. CHAPTER 26. STATUTE OF FRAUDS :: Texas Business & Commerce Code :: 2005 Texas Code :: Texas Code :: US Codes and Statutes :: US Law :: Justia

Your relief would be to sue him in small claims court. If you have emails which lend credence to your story, all the better.

IMO as others have stated, hie "special order" is BS as he is out nothing. If he had to pay upfront, I can see it. If you are going to take another gun with the idea of selling it, make sure you get a good enough deal, but I think that will be difficult.

Big J

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2010
    Karnes City Texas
    Well I went in today and picked up the sig. It was actually a sig P250 not a P226 like I thought it was. It was new in the box with 2 extra mags and night sights. After some talking i also got back some cash with deal. I am not a sig person but this compact is a nice gun. I really dont want to publicly say the name on a public forum but if u pm me I will let u know. The gun shop is a mom and pop shop that is outside of San Antonio. Next time I will stick with the powder horn for all my future gun transfers and orders.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Sorry, Big J - but you just tossed your cred cookies. You sit here, complain about how you were treated - then "don't want to say their name"??!? IOW, you got YOURS - screw everyone else, eh?

Nice, dude....

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    I just wanted to break all ties with this place. I just dont want this guy to hit me me with a suit for public slander of some shit.

He can't - as long as you truthfully say what was done/said, there's nothing they can do about it.

But I *do* appreciate ya steppin' up an' namin' 'em. Wait...ya named 'em, then came back an' deleted it?!??

Never mind....tell ya what - come back when ya grow a set, eh?:banghead:

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    i think its shady you wont say who it is. but whatever hopefully nobody else goes to the same ffl and has an issue when they could have avoided that ffl to begin with.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Still waitin' on you to tell 'em who it was, BigJ......surely, you can't be THAT chicken - or is it perhaps that the story ain't *quite* as ya told it???hmmmmmmm.........

fuelfather

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    San Antonio
    Unless someone objects, I will post it tonight around 10pm if he has not. He pm'd it to me earlier today. I will give him a chance to out the FFL himself before I do it for him.

Top Bottom