• ...and so much more!
  • jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Extreme and Berry's plated 9mm can be had for less than $.10 each. You can reload for less than $.15 each. Most of my reloading supplies are for if I cannot get ammo again. 5000 rounds, cheap enough. Or reload on those long cold winter nights. Rifle reloading in .223, mostly to make sure I have it and for accuracy. If you want the most out of a rifle, reload for it. Thats why I use single stage equipment. Bulk is not an issue. Enjoyment when I can't shoot or fish is.i use power pistol and Bullseye for 9mm, prefer Bullseye, fairly easy to get. But I also have some Tight Group.

from an idgit coffeeholic

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    Is it good to get a 110 powered one?

Manual or 110v is up to you. I've got both. I prefer the 110v though because I can put in the weight, it'll dispense to that weight, then after I dump what's in the scale into the case and set it back on the machine, it'll automatically fill the pan for the next round.

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    Manual or 110v is up to you. I've got both. I prefer the 110v though because I can put in the weight, it'll dispense to that weight, then after I dump what's in the scale into the case and set it back on the machine, it'll automatically fill the pan for the next round.

I was talking 110v vs battery powered. They have some that dispense powder too?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Uh, word of warning.

If you start reloading. You can forget about being abled to walk past brass casings on the ground. Even rounds you don't reload.

It gets to be a pretty strong urge too.

Then its you on the ground..... 'damn, i shot 12 times, i found 11, where in the hell is 12?'

"Sent from a iBong6"

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    Uh, word of warning.

If you start reloading. You can forget about being abled to walk past brass casings on the ground. Even rounds you don't reload.

Then its you on the ground..... 'damn, i shot 12 times, i found 11, where in the hell is 12?'

"Sent from a iBong6"

lol. I've already started doing that!

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX

Lyman® Generation 5 Digital Powder System : Cabela's

Up to you for battery vs plug in. IMO, however, the plug in is probably going to be more accurate. Depending on how it's designed, the battery powered could start to lose accuracy after the batteries start running low. Plus, with a plug in, you never have to worry about having batteries die in the middle of a reloading session.

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    Uh, word of warning.

"Sent from a iBong6"

I do that on all of mine, especially those that I can't replenish without excessive cost ... 30 carbine, 30-06, 8mm Mauser, etc. Also, I prefer ranges that let you pick up brass. I can spend all day there picking up brass ... or until my back gives out, which is more likely.

Word of advice, though, on picking up range brass. It may not be always what it says it is. For instance, I take .270 brass and old 30-06 brass with split necks and turn them into 8mm Mauser. Lot cheaper than buying 8mm Mauser brass. Same thing for .223/5.56 and .300 black out.

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    Word of advice, though, on picking up range brass. It may not be always what it says it is. For instance, I take .270 brass and old 30-06 brass with split necks and turn them into 8mm Mauser. Lot cheaper than buying 8mm Mauser brass. Same thing for .223/5.56 and .300 black out.

I bet you don't leave those on the ground though.

Last edited:

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.

Yup, they got dispensers, and they cost a little bit also.

I have a battery powered scale, it can be annoying but works ok. Electronic scales are extremely sensitive to drafts. They can also be affected by electronics and magnetic fields in the area but I tend to see most discrepancies due to a draft of me breathing over the scale.

I use a Hornady battery powered scale for rifle and double check the weight on a beam scale.

Always always always have a beam scale to double check things. How often depends on how meticulous you are and if you are pushing any limits.

For pistol rounds, I get the lee perfect powder measure set and run a few cases double checking the charge, then I don't check weight again. Just gotta keep a minimum amount of powder in the hopper. I'm not worried about slight variations in those rounds. Measuring each gives more consistency than is required for plunking handgun ammo.

If I had the cash, I would buy a dispenser and check each load on a beam scale. As is I use the auto measure to get just below the charge I want and trickle up to weight on the electronic scale. Double check on the beam and then in to the case.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Lyman® Generation 5 Digital Powder System : Cabela's

Up to you for battery vs plug in. IMO, however, the plug in is probably going to be more accurate. Depending on how it's designed, the battery powered could start to lose accuracy after the batteries start running low. Plus, with a plug in, you never have to worry about having batteries die in the middle of a reloading session.

I've had accuracy issues using alkaline batteries, especially cheap ones. Switched to the energizer E2 lithium and it seems to work much better.

If I had the extra cash I would have gone 110, but it made more sense for me to put that money in to components.

Top Bottom