• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    A 7.62 x 51 mm Tracer round fired into a half-empty 20 lb propane bottle will yield some spectacular results.

Gasoline, in liquid form, does not "explode." It must be in a vapor state to initiate detonation.

Texastransplant

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Purmela, Texas
    Still too close for me (depending on where the fumes are before you light it!) Be careful, there's posts in the "Man Cave" 'bout some sweet thing being charged with "making explosive devices".

Edit to add: I don't know a damn thing about Tannerite!

At that range you should be hit with an instantaneous blast of heat of about 800 degrees and possilbe shaprnal. I would say you were having your guardian angel working for you.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    I am curious what would happen if you mixed some of the AN out of the Tannerite kit with diesel and then placed a regular mix charge under it.

The worst industrial accident in US history happened in Texas City when that mix ignited on a ship. That is also the mix McVeigh used in OK City. So there is potential for a huge bang there.

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    Methinks the strength of the container plays bigger role than the materials.
    Higher rupture pressure = more boom

Tapatalk sent it.

okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    Screw tannerite, get some oxygen bottles.

Why? Oxygen, compressed or liquid is not flammable. Will greatly accelerate the rate any flammable material will burn but non-flammable by itself. Shooting a full oxygen bottle could produce a missile due to pressure in cylinder but not fire or explosion.

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Why? Oxygen, compressed or liquid is not flammable. Will greatly accelerate the rate any flammable material will burn but non-flammable by itself. Shooting a full oxygen bottle could produce a missile due to pressure in cylinder but not fire or explosion.
    I disagree. I have personally shot multiple oxygen bottles with a huge explosion, including flame smoke, and a melted cylinder. Not sure what You are basing this on, but I know from experience Your comment is false.

Marlowe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    out in the boonies
    I disagree. I have personally shot multiple oxygen bottles with a huge explosion, including flame smoke, and a melted cylinder. Not sure what You are basing this on, but I know from experience Your comment is false.
    You're both right: it's not per se flammable, but if you have any ignition as a result of the bullet impact, you're going to have one heck of a explosion from rapid oxidation of everything that IS flammable.. including some stuff that you normally wouldn't consider to be flammable..

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Fill 2 liter bottle with acetylen(sp), add a quick shot of oxygen. Screw the lid on.

Fill gas can about 1/4 full, seal top. Let sit in hot sun all day till it puffs up good.

Tape bottle to gas can.

tape tannernite to front side of bottle.

Shoot with tracer round.

post video

Can't say what to expect, but it aughta be good.

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    The following is NOT SAFE!!!
    Extreme Caution must be used with acetylene. Acetylene is inherently unstable and may/can/will explode when pressurized above 15psig in gaseous form.

But this has been done by pipefitters and welders all over the world.
    Light an oxy/acetylene torch, get the flame just right, knock it out with your glove, and then fill a balloon or other thin plastic container of some sort.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    The ballon thing really ups the risk due to easy static build up. When I was about 14 I did this with a 12oz coke can and lit it with the torch(yup, I was that dumb) and was promptly knocked on my ass and half deaf.

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    The ballon thing really ups the risk due to easy static build up. When I was about 14 I did this with a 12oz coke can and lit it with the torch(yup, I was that dumb) and was promptly knocked on my ass and half deaf.

Absolutely, it's a huge risk.

Top Bottom