Need to find a source for Racing Fuel / 100 Octane

TX69

TGT Addict
Dec 23, 2012
DFW
I have an old car that has 10:5 / 1 compression and needs high octane fuel. I have been using 93 Shell with a 32oz bottle of Torco with mixed results. I still get some pinging which is no good.

We are in Frisco so this is the area where I wold like to find a decent source for race fuel. Ideally I would want 100 Octane Premium with no corn. Problem is that I will need to purchase a portable tank to carry the fuel as the car I have is not always in road worthy condition but still needs to run to tune.

Anyone have a source for race fuel that is close to Frisco?

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
TGT Supporter
Jan 15, 2012
Waco-ish
I have an old car that has 10:5 / 1 compression and needs high octane fuel. I have been using 93 Shell with a 32oz bottle of Torco with mixed results. I still get some pinging which is no good.

We are in Frisco so this is the area where I wold like to find a decent source for race fuel. Ideally I would want 100 Octane Premium with no corn. Problem is that I will need to purchase a portable tank to carry the fuel as the car I have is not always in road worthy condition but still needs to run to tune.

Anyone have a source for race fuel that is close to Frisco?
There is a Texaco station in Cresson at the entrance to Motorsport Ranch that has (had) 116 leaded,110,100 octane VP racing fuel at the pump,

I know it's not near Frisco, but ...

Last edited:

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
May 11, 2009
H-Town, TX
I've always heard that av-gas had additives not good for automobile motors.
I don't think it'll hurt the engines themselves per say, but it's the lead that's a problem when it comes to anything with o2 sensors or catalytic convertors. The lead will coat the internal surfaces and render them useless and eventually plug them up.

Texan2

TGT Addict
Nov 8, 2008
South of San Antonio
I had a high compression 2 stroke racing bike that I would put AVGAS in. Just went to the little local airport. They had a pump that took credit cards. Swipe and go.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
May 19, 2009
Republic of Texas
A lot of current engines run in the 10.5 : 1 compression range without any problems on 93. I suggest that you look elsewhere. I had a friend rebuild his engine due to the knocking only to find the problem in his exhaust. Many current Chevrolet LS series engines run 10.2 to 10.9 from the factory. You may try changing your tune to be less aggressive.
I had a Pontiac GTP (supercharged) that I thought had a knock. The knock only occurred under hard acceleration. It was under warranty so I took it to the dealer several times until one savvy mechanic found that it was a header leak, and replaced the gasket. No more problems.

Last edited:

Das Jared

TGT Addict
Jul 20, 2012
Friendswood
If you can run e85 and tune for it, its the equivalent of 106 octane.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

Top Bottom