• BIGPAPIGREG

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio, TEXAS
    At classicfirearms.com ===>$449.99

• dsc_0216-t.png
      Yugo AK-47 Pistol PAP M92PV 7.62x39 Caliber Semi-Auto AK Type w/ 5 - 30 Rd Mags

111 Review(s) | Add Your Review

ffl.jpg
      MSRP: $599.99 | Your Price: Regular Price: $479.99
      Special Price: $449.99

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    The Extar at $450 is the cheapest AR pistol I've seen. I have one; it's a lot of fun... No issues with it. Very lightweight which makes it easy to pack around. I liked the Extar so much I didn't want my PLR16 anymore and sold it. It's kinda rare for me to sell a gun :laughing:

The Extar... fyi, I put the sling mount on it. It didn't come with one.
    9568668338_e0b43b7c74_z.jpg

Too bad there's no cheap pistol carbines around. A Sub2000 might fit the bill, but the way Keltec does their productions runs they aren't always available. Plus I hear they improved the new ones and "improved" the price along with it :p

Where can I find one? You do know that if I can buy something like this for this cheap that I will buy a Beta-C 100 mag for it and open carry on 1/1/16.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Where can I find one? You do know that if I can buy something like this for this cheap that I will buy a Beta-C 100 mag for it and open carry on 1/1/16.
    Side charger too!. The Dan are the grips true AR grips? Can I install a Ergo Grip on it and have it fit normally?
    I got mine from Old Cannon Armory. I don't think he carries them in stock anymore, but can probably order you one. That would be a bit of a drive from DFW, tho :laughing:

The lower is a standard New Frontier AR lower so yeah you can switch the grips. The upper and butt cap are non-standard. I look forward to the belt or shoulder holster you come up with that can accommodate a beta mag ;)

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    I got mine from Old Cannon Armory. I don't think he carries them in stock anymore, but can probably order you one. That would be a bit of a drive from DFW, tho :laughing:

The lower is a standard New Frontier AR lower so yeah you can switch the grips. The upper and butt cap are non-standard. I look forward to the belt or shoulder holster you come up with that can accommodate a beta mag ;)

After more searching I found that the mfg sells them direct. Thanks for sharing since this adds a whole new dimension to my search. Do you think that this firearm is tough enough to be thrown around and beat on? Are there any potential problems that you see with the firearm or better yet have you had any problems?

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Do you think that this firearm is tough enough to be thrown around and beat on? Are there any potential problems that you see with the firearm or better yet have you had any problems?
    I haven't had any problems with mine. The lower on the AR below is a New Frontier and it's been drug around and used quite a bit. Seems rugged enough, but it's not AK rugged. What is really? An M92 weighs twice as much as the Extar, so factor that in if you want to throw it in a backpack or something to carry around.

8661583348_05c4e8df86_z.jpg

dtownmj

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 23, 2013
    Houston, TX
    Not sure if mentioned yet (on tapatalk and dont feel like scrolling thru) but a vz2008 w folding stock is a popular option

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    I haven't had any problems with mine. The lower on the AR below is a New Frontier and it's been drug around and used quite a bit. Seems rugged enough, but it's not AK rugged. What is really? An M92 weighs twice as much as the Extar, so factor that in if you want to throw it in a backpack or something to carry around.

Yeah weight might be a factor but I am not sure. I can hump quite a bit of weight and if it is used as a truck gun I won't have a huge pack to drag since it won't be in the SUV with me. I'll have a mag bag and a few supplies but that';s it. The thing that is splitting my decision is caliber. The 7.62x39 is a killer round and used in under 100 yard engagements it seems like the better choice. But I am more familiar with the AR and with the Extar I could really turn that thing into an awesome defensive weapoin with the right optic. The other killer for the Extar is the propitiatory parts.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Yay! Caliber debate! :laughing:

Yeah I knew that was coming but its true. The difference between the two is vast and something to think about when picking up a weapon. It's a personal decision that I'll have to make.

locke_n_load

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    I just want to say this for anyone running a sub 11" barrelled weapon in 5.56... Please, please run some expanding ammo like TSX or similar. With regular ball ammo and an 11" barrel, you might get 40 yards for tumbling/framentation. Under 10", with normal ball ammo, you are just going to make a .223" hole in your target at any distance, and a pistol with HPs would be a better for wound mechanisms.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    I just want to say this for anyone running a sub 11" barrelled weapon in 5.56... Please, please run some expanding ammo like TSX or similar. With regular ball ammo and an 11" barrel, you might get 40 yards for tumbling/framentation. Under 10", with normal ball ammo, you are just going to make a .223" hole in your target at any distance, and a pistol with HPs would be a better for wound mechanisms.

Yeah I've been studying up on that. Everything that I have ever owned has been 16" or longer so it never came up. I have been looking at Hornady's offering even if I don't go with the pistol. They have their Zombie round and their red tip. Both expand well and are used in hunting with excellent results. Right now I have a 1k of the MFS 125gr round from Cabelas. Its a steel core soft point which I have no idea how it will perform? Can't be any worse than the steel stuff they sell at the same price.

james.long48

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2015
    You're not from Wisconsin are ya? What did that whole rig set you back? What brand are those mags?

From Texas. Just moved to Plano.

I think I have $1200 to $1400 in it. Kind of no expenses spare build. The 8" match barrel from KAK industries, Aero COP4 upper, SSA E geissele trigger didn't help.

I think radical arms has something similar for around $600.

D&H tactical mags, they were hard to find at the time.

Yet to put a proper sight on it, but it is a paper puncher for sure.
    You're not from Wisconsin are ya? What did that whole rig set you back? What brand are those mags?
    From Texas.

I think I have $1200 to $1400 in it. Kind of no expenses spare build. The 8" match barrel from KAK industries, Aero COP upper, SSA E Gisele trigger didn't help

Top Bottom