• ...and so much more!
  • PhulesAu

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 26, 2013
    Texas, Mostly
    A lot of good points, but unless you take out ANY wiggle room. aka Zero tolerance for violators, what's the point?? Any thing past proving I am who I say I am, and am not a criminal. is pretty much where the government intrusion should stop. Sorry for the bad grammar.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    How about something to protect the ranges from environmentalist threats?

No laws by municipalities that are tougher than the state on ammo for sales?

Protection of Internet sale of ammo.

State tax free day on the purchases of guns and ammo before hunting season.

Shall not ban ammo by composition or type.

Last edited:

dsukid

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2013
    Amarillo
    Remove all limits on CCL. Enforce liability on any location that posts 30.06. Clairify the parking lot law to exclude the employers from being able to set limits or rules. (I don't believe that the current law allows for it but Abbott's office to my knowledge hasn't been warning companies that do so causing a chillin effect). Open carry. Specific punitive rules on police over enforcement of man with gun calls. Restate clearly under Texas statute and Constitution that solely carrying in the presence of LEO does not give a rightto disarm. Remove qualifiers from Texas Constitution regarding firearms, making the right absolute. Set up seperate pre grand jury hearing for use of force issues for both Citizens and LEO, giving a higher standard before indictment for Citizens and a lower bar for LEO. If the "state" loses a case with a not guilty or the judge dismisses the case in interest of justice then the "state" must pay legal costs of the citizen. Require DAs in the face of overwhelming evidence of innocence or misconduct to dismiss cases with prejudice. Make the grand jury system in the state more equitable and set up a legal standard for the DA to achieve before indictment is possible. Statewide complete preemption of anything to do with firearms. Specifically prohibit law enforcement from ticketing anyone holding up traffic at any type of checkpoint outside of a specific cordon for a fugitive. Statements made to grand jury should not be admissible if indictment is given and case goes to jury trial. Judges should be required to provide instructions that do not conflict with jury rights and nullification and shall not prohibit defense notification of those rights.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    I want to take this thread seriously, but you have not named the elected official you purport to be working with/for.

Disclosure up front would be mighty helpful.

As much as I respect the topic, it could be a Trojan Horse that puts us all into jeopardy. Re: 2A, which is a national issue, whereas the Texas Constitution addresses the right to keep and bear arms separately as a sovereign state right.

How do we not know that you might be doing opposition research?

Name names, and I'll be happy to share.
    At this early stage of the game I would think my friend would not want the cards shown, only my guess, I was not asked to keep any info private, that is in fact my choice as I don't to tip my our hand till at what time there is something to be public. The political process is a dirty and slow one, who knows how long it will take...I am starting with a blank sheet of paper, thus I have asked for some folks to provide their concerns. If you chose not to that is fine...I have not asked for anyone to provide anything by PM and I have not asked for anyones real name or anything else.

I would not hesitate to say that I am one of the most ardent supporters of the 2nd A you will ever meet, my father was and he imparted that to me. He hunted everyday to put protein on the table on their ranch in OK, and finally gave up when the dust bowl wiped out what little the depression left. Dad taught me well and like him I believe the 2-A is the foundation on which everything depends, without you have no rights...

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Good ideas have been posted and I really can't disagree with any of them. But I'm also hesitant about who and where this information is going. Especially if the folks requesting opinions are already in the Texas State Senate. I'm all for full disclosure. And I must say, asking for people's views and opinions ("......I would like to have your input, thoughts and views on how we accomplish protecting our rights.") and then admonishing them for their thoughts is not really a productive way to obtain information. Just my two bits.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Good ideas have been posted and I really can't disagree with any of them. But I'm also hesitant about who and where this information is going. Especially if the folks requesting opinions are already in the Texas State Senate. I'm all for full disclosure. And I must say, asking for people's views and opinions ("......I would like to have your input, thoughts and views on how we accomplish protecting our rights.") and then admonishing them for their thoughts is not really a productive way to obtain information. Just my two bits.

The information is going to ME, but then you do not know me nor I you (collective).

We are dealing with classified info here and its MY choice that I do not name names and as stated its just to early in the process, the sheet of paper is blank and I have only asked for your thoughts and views on how we may begin the process of insuring we prevent 'backdoor' legislation at some future date that results in a damper on our 2-a rights. We must think in terms of how the police keep one from using the 639 HP in that Shelby Mustang...speeding tickets. In the mid 70's the govt decided we used too much gasoline so they lowered the Federal speed limt to 55 and most states also lowered the state limit, well it worked. Yes you could still own a 1000 hp rig, but the law will slow you down. That is a growing fear among those of us who are truly 2-a supporters. We know all too well the govt can control in more ways than one...note that the next time you stop off at at firearms dealers and you have to fill out paperwork to buy a gun, some states you have a 'waiting period', some states are moving to registering ammo sales and the backdoors go on and on.

To try and put the info I have only asked to be voluntary given into some classified and secret environment. I have not admonished anyone for any legit thought or contribution.

That said you live down the road from me and if you want to meet for coffee, let me know, albeit not sure that would do you any good as I guess I could be a secret (anti gun) agent wearing a cowboy hat and boots driving a F 350 Dually and... wearing a OBAMA sticker on the Ranch Hand bumper...YOU THINK?:)

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    "I have been asked by some members in the Texas Senate to help draft legislation in defense of our 2nd Amendment Rights in Texas, especially ammunition. " I guess I misunderstood where the information was going.

Edit: "...classified info...."? How is what we write on a public forum "classified"? Just askin'.

Last edited:

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Charlie,
    I offered to meet you for coffee, you did not take me up on it.

You are making zero contribution.

There is nothing here for you, all your questions have been answered...over 10,000 posts and this is the best you can do...

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    That makes it sound like open carry. I'm talking about concealed or any way you choose. But I know chl is big money in Texas so people who claim to support 2a would fight it.

Yes that is what we currently have. For all firearms except handguns. All we need to do is add handguns to the current system - or in other words remove handguns as a prohibited carry item.

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Many good points being offered here. I would like to see an affirmation by the State legislature that we believe in the original pre-ratified version of the Tenth Amendment whereby "Each state retains its sovereignty, freedom, and independence, and every power, jurisdiction, and right, which is not by this Confederation expressly (my emphasis) delegated to the United States, in Congress assembled." and Section 1 of the 14th Amendment "No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States." Slap 'em upside the head with the U.S. Constitution. Do I even need to mention the 2nd Amendment?

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Well, methods of attack:

- ammo type
    - ammo amount
    - mag capacity
    - reloading components
    - gun parts
    - 80%/60%/0% builds/manf of firearms
    - universal background checks
    - length if time for processing ppw
    - waiting periods
    - environmental concerns @ outdoor ranges
    - noise ordinances @ ranges
    - zoning laws
    - transfers/possession of firearms
    - interstate transfers/shipping methods
    - types of firearms
    - storage/accessibility to minors/legally unqualified individuals
    - insurance requirements

....man there's a lot. How about we just wrte,"If any law abiding citizens feel threatened with any legislation proposed as it relates to firearms and firearm accessories it will be axed and the bill sponsor loses a finger. The finger will be displayed in a curio cabinet in the Alamo for all to see".

ETA: will try to think of something cohesive and serious but first wanted to write down all the ways we've been approached in some way or another already to help remind us.

Last edited:

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Some great stuff here, thanks to all, I especially like the comments by Sapper on the 10th A. I am not sure how far to take it, as stated it a total blank sheet and I will see how it plays out over time...

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    How about a requiring "cooling off period" placed on submitted legislation following a large media riddled event. These new gun control bills are proposed immediately following mass shootings or hostage situations and emotions of all the antis are high. They prey on knee jerk public reactions & emotions rather than historical facts and accrued data. We can't keep defending like that.

No gun control legislation is allowed to be voted on if it is within an Xamount of days or months of the COMPLETION of investigation or trial of an event. Even if it takes a year, or two years. It is not right that gun owners take the fall right away, shouldering gun law burdens when other factors are involved. Every single time a place is shot up we have to go bat. Why not control when we go to bat?

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    How about a requiring "cooling off period" placed on submitted legislation following a large media riddled event. These new gun control bills are proposed immediately following mass shootings or hostage situations and emotions of all the antis are high. They prey on knee jerk public reactions & emotions rather than historical facts and accrued data. We can't keep defending like that.

No gun control legislation is allowed to be voted on if it is within an Xamount of days or months of the COMPLETION of investigation or trial of an event. Even if it takes a year, or two years. It is not right that gun owners take the fall right away, shouldering gun law burdens when other factors are involved. Every single time a place is shot up we have to go bat. Why not control when we go to bat?

That's the first rule when trying to pass baseless and illogical legislation. If not for thoughtless emotions Liberals wouldn't have a platform.

Top Bottom