• ...and so much more!
  • Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Adding the 2nd Amendment to what is in post 6, and doing away with all CHL requirements. The 2nd is enough. Add criminal penalties. Maybe ban carry in K through 12 schools, courthouses and such but allow unfettered open or concealed carry by any who can legally own a firearm, knife, spear, sword or axe. In essence constitutional carry, not conditional carry.

But preserving individual property rights, though, so individual property owners can decide for themselves whether to allow carry on their property?
    Target Sports

Gunns0902

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2014
    Cradle of Liberty, TX
    While I concur with your thinking, what we are trying to prevent now is new laws being written that constrain our ability to keep our rights, such as excessive taxes on ammunition, the use of lead in our bullets. Of note is the fed have just shut down the last Lead smelter in the US, now we can mine lead but have to send it overseas for processing...

We need an amendment that requires a 2/3 vote to restrict the rights of gun owners, and manufacturers(as far as the firearms are concerned) but clear language that requires only a simple majority for removing restrictions.

This would communicate that Texas is a gun state, always will be a gun state..that every gun manufacturer might as well move here. It would mean that in every case where gun legislation is passed, that most everyone agreed it was necessary. I cant think of any examples for needing gun law....except the Atomic Bomb(I know not a gun...but regulated under the NFA if my memory serves me correctly) ...but it would give a point to make the Dems look bad for not supporting it...... "What do you mean they want to be able to take away my rights without a super majority!?!?!"

TexasR.N.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2009
    Rampart
    I would love to see things like Constitutional Carry as well as any weapons made and sold in Texas are not subject to any current or future federal laws, but that isnt quite what you are asking for.
    Oh that this would happen.

I want to take this thread seriously, but you have not named the elected official you purport to be working with/for. Disclosure up front would be mighty helpful. As much as I respect the topic, it could be a Trojan Horse that puts us all into jeopardy. Re: 2A, which is a national issue, whereas the Texas Constitution addresses the right to keep and bear arms separately as a sovereign state right. How do we not know that you might be doing opposition research? Name names, and I'll be happy to share.
    What are these Senators afraid of? It would seem as though this is a very pro-gun time and State, why are they hiding in the shadows vs. taking a very public stand and asking their fellow citizens for input?

Constitutional carry is LONG overdue in Texas.
    Agreed.

Look at what happened in Colorado. Yes, they had recalls and such but the laws aren't repealed yet and they are having to fight in order to gain lost ground. Seemed to have come out of nowhere. All it takes is 1 election to flip Texas blue (and have a devastating impact here and across the nation). Preemption language only stops laws stricter than standing state laws from being passed, it does not stop a state law from being passed saying your 1911 suddenly takes illegal hi capacity magazines. So in my view, we are never more than 1 election cycle away. Having laws in place to make it more difficult to ram crap down our throats before we can put a stop to it would be a huge advantage should we catch a bad cycle.
    Agreed.

Our top priority should be what some have called "Constitutional Carry" or "Second Amendment Carry" legislation passed, like Arizona, Alaska, and and Vermont. If a person can pass the NICS check when buying a firearm, and filling out a form 4473, to show you are a certified "Good Guy/Gal," that should be all you need to carry. You should not need a "permit" from the government, to exercise your God given right of self defense, affirmed by the Second Amendment. Open carry or concealed. Period.
    This ^ says it all.

Adding the 2nd Amendment to what is in post 6, and doing away with all CHL requirements. The 2nd is enough. Add criminal penalties. Maybe ban carry in K through 12 schools, courthouses and such but allow unfettered open or concealed carry by any who can legally own a firearm, knife, spear, sword or axe. In essence constitutional carry, not conditional carry.
    Sandy Hook.

Remove that STUPID "to incite fear", or however it is worded BS that is being used by LEO's to arrest OCers w/ long guns. It's just politicians playing stupid word games.

Last edited:

Tony2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2013
    Magnolia
    Coming into this kinda late but is there any way to cover all we want with something simple. How about a law requiring gun ownership ? If you get caught not carrying you get a ticket. (Except for felons and certified loonies). The list of wants here is pretty long and I cant imagine trying to write something up to protect us from all angles. The best way I have read here is getting some off the books.
    Thanks for the opportunity ,Tony

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Coming into this kinda late but is there any way to cover all we want with something simple. How about a law requiring gun ownership ? If you get caught not carrying you get a ticket.

So you support laws like Obamacare and requiring people to purchase things they may not want or need?

(Except for felons and certified loonies).

Tracked how and by whom and with what definition/due process around "certification" for "loonies?"

Are you a "Blue Dog" Democrat or just a regular, run-of-the-mill "I call myself Republican but like Democrat things" RINO?

Tony2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2013
    Magnolia
    So you support laws like Obamacare and requiring people to purchase things they may not want or need?

Tracked how and by whom and with what definition/due process around "certification" for "loonies?"

Are you a "Blue Dog" Democrat or just a regular, run-of-the-mill "I call myself Republican but like Democrat things" RINO?
    I guess anybody with a job and without a job supports obamacare want to are not. Not a blue dog democrat or a "RINO" ( not sure what that acronyn stands for but certain its derogatory) I guess you are against a law requiring gun ownership. I am just saying this is a pretty complicated thing to accomplish. It takes alot of effort to get it right. Our fore fathers did a good job. But here we are defending the rights we shouldnt have to be defending. So what do we do. We cant quit.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    I guess anybody with a job and without a job supports obamacare want to are not.

I have a job and I don't support Obamacare.

Not a blue dog democrat or a "RINO" ( not sure what that acronyn stands for but certain its derogatory)

This speaks volumes.

I guess you are against a law requiring gun ownership.

Don't guess. I am against a law requiring gun ownership just as much as I'm against laws intended to prohibit gun ownership.

I am just saying this is a pretty complicated thing to accomplish. It takes alot of effort to get it right. Our fore fathers did a good job. But here we are defending the rights we shouldnt have to be defending. So what do we do. We cant quit.

Who here suggested quitting?

Top Bottom