BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I worked at a hole in the wall shop. A 85 mustang came in for a door problem(the first year that the 302 had a 4barrel holley). Every person in the shop slammed the gears in that car. It would go sideways dumping the clutch at 5500rpm. That mustang was from a used car lot. So it was up for sale.

I slammed the gears on a used 98 Cobra trade in at a Mac hiak dealership. Not much road so all I did was a burn out. Damn it would get after it. Bounced it against the rev limiter more then once. The dealership wouldn't let a soul drive the SRT Dodge truck( except the sales manger test drove it REALLY hard once). Assholes

Test drove a 01' Camaro 5.7 with a standard. That fu*ker would cook the tires. Test drove another one that had been chipped( automatic 5.7). That car would BROIL the tires.

Grand prix...forgot the year. Supercharged v6, front wheel drive. Fun....but not that fun. It would smoke the tires.

The Ford dealership in Belton(long closed now)......lots of test driving 4.6 mustangs and a 7.3ltr truck.

My brother worked at a BMW dealership as a mech. Nutin like 140mph on I35 in a V12 740i.

Moral of the story. Hot cars get treated like hot cars.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    and you work where again

lol...i'm retired. This was back in the late 90's. But no way in hell will I get behind the wheel of a muscle car and not ring it OUT. If it's a used muscle car....somebody, at sometime has pushed it HARD. Thats why they make them.

You cant over rev it, the CPU won't let you. You can't drive over a certain speed cuz the cpu cuts the injectors off. They make the thing pretty much bulletproof. Now life expectancy....thats another thing.

So if your put your SRT something Dodge in the shop over night and it needs a test drive.....well it will probably get a test drive alright. And Lord help it if you bring it in and say it drives like it has no power.

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    I wouldn't drive anyone's car hard but mine, unless owner was with me and told me to do it. I have respect for other's personal belongings.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I wouldn't drive anyone's car hard but mine, unless owner was with me and told me to do it. I have respect for other's personal belongings.

So if a 2011 Cobra GT500 came into your bay. With a complaint of a shimmy at 80.......you wouldn't atleast get up to 80 pretty damn quick? ITS A GT500...Ford didn't make some ***** car. Driving it within the design parameters is what the thing was made for. I wouldn't smoke the $300 a piece tires but getting it up to 80? OH YEAH.....6500rpm each gear.

ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    So if a 2011 Cobra GT500 came into your bay. With a complaint of a shimmy at 80.......you wouldn't atleast get up to 80 pretty damn quick? ITS A GT500...Ford didn't make some ***** car. Driving it within the design parameters is what the thing was made for. I wouldn't smoke the $300 a piece tires but getting it up to 80? OH YEAH.....6500rpm each gear.

Yeah, some people have ethics. Figure the problem, not treat OTHER folks property like crap. Was this before or after you were a cop? Yeah, I drive mine like they were built to do, but I also maintain them to a hire standard than the manufacture limits in the manual. Now, I've been in an exotic car where the owner has told me to punch it, but wouldn't do iron my own. It's still a fine line of respect for someone else's property. You sound like the guy described in the first post. Good job at being that clown that fulfills the dealership/mechanic negative stereotype. Regardless of what you think, vehicles aren't built bulletproof and have computers that will limit all hazards.

Kyle

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Conroe

As much as I would like to, I wouldn't. I would not want to be responsible for something that might go wrong.. my fault or not, I would feel obligated to pay or repair whatever broke or went wrong under my control. I drive my car like I stole it, but I drive other peoples cars like I'm Sunday driving. I hold other peoples property to a higher standard than I do my own. If I ever borrow something from someone I try return it in better/cleaner condition than what I received it in.

jocat54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Lindale, Texas
    Guys, I worked in dealerships and independent shops, and I can honestly say that I never abused a customers car!!!

Have I driven them at high speeds? Yes! But there is no reason to redline them getting there.

I have built a lot of hotrods for drag racing and I ran the shit out of them (small block chevy will do 8500 rpm consistently) but they were MINE not someone elses.

As for the OP video---I would be whipping someones ass (well when I was a lot younger I would have)

kusai

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Bedford TX
    I have lost my faith in good ethics in business. In my last car for some reason my radio was not working and I knew for sure a fuse was blown up and just had to replace it. Here's what my mechanic told me "There's about 100 miles of wiring in a car and I have to check it all, it will cost about $90/hour" I just laughed in his face and walked out.

Second incident was in when my car stopped due to alternator not working and not charging my battery. In good faith I got the battery changed by mechanics recommendation and it came out that alternator was bad.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Yeah, some people have ethics. Figure the problem, not treat OTHER folks property like crap. Was this before or after you were a cop? Yeah, I drive mine like they were built to do, but I also maintain them to a hire standard than the manufacture limits in the manual. Now, I've been in an exotic car where the owner has told me to punch it, but wouldn't do iron my own. It's still a fine line of respect for someone else's property. You sound like the guy described in the first post. Good job at being that clown that fulfills the dealership/mechanic negative stereotype. Regardless of what you think, vehicles aren't built bulletproof and have computers that will limit all hazards.

LOL,,,,damn Chunk. Yes that was before the police work. Stereotypes come from something. My bad.

The owners manual of the late model dodge says not to engage the transfer case above something like 30mph. Did you know you can engage it at any MPH? It's synchronised. Dodge engineer showed me. You can slam the 4x4 selector doing 65. When the square dodge durango came out, it was tested against the Ford explorer. We drove prototypes. How did we drive them? Like rented cars. They had to replace the tires after every two classes. The Dodge is a better vehicle, BTW and I love Ford. FYI, the factory tires on the SRT neon(when they did make them) were rated for only 15k miles. Why? Cuz they were made soft for get after it driving.

So while you doubt my morals. It's all a fine line. If you took your AR15 to a gunsmith. And he rocked it out. While you only shot it a round a second.

Is he abusing your rifle? Or is he using the rifle to the degree it was built for? Fine line.

So is a soldier that bangs his rifle against a humvee getting in....abusing it? Or was the rifle built to take that condition of use?

Is accelerating a Ford mustang through every gear at the maximum rpm, abuse? Or is it driving the car within it's intended purpose?

Machines have no feelings. They don't get tired or hungry. I haven't even watch the OP's video. I'm sure it has some ferris bueller test drive crap.

Taking a mustang off road is abuse. Racking the gears on an open road, is not.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    You ever seen em unloading cars off the container? Those 200 feet of concrete have soo much rubber built up on it you could drop an egg and it wouldn't crack.

And yeah bass turds. It's unethical, and exposes the shop to all sorts of risk if it gets wrapped around a telephone pole.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    LOL,,,,damn Chunk. Yes that was before the police work. Stereotypes come from something. My bad.

The owners manual of the late model dodge says not to engage the transfer case above something like 30mph. Did you know you can engage it at any MPH? It's synchronised. Dodge engineer showed me. You can slam the 4x4 selector doing 65. When the square dodge durango came out, it was tested against the Ford explorer. We drove prototypes. How did we drive them? Like rented cars. They had to replace the tires after every two classes. The Dodge is a better vehicle, BTW and I love Ford. FYI, the factory tires on the SRT neon(when they did make them) were rated for only 15k miles. Why? Cuz they were made soft for get after it driving.

So while you doubt my morals. It's all a fine line. If you took your AR15 to a gunsmith. And he rocked it out. While you only shot it a round a second.

Is he abusing your rifle? Or is he using the rifle to the degree it was built for? Fine line.

So is a soldier that bangs his rifle against a humvee getting in....abusing it? Or was the rifle built to take that condition of use?

Is accelerating a Ford mustang through every gear at the maximum rpm, abuse? Or is it driving the car within it's intended purpose?

Machines have no feelings. They don't get tired or hungry. I haven't even watch the OP's video. I'm sure it has some ferris bueller test drive crap.

Taking a mustang off road is abuse. Racking the gears on an open road, is not.

I can honestly say I wouldn't be to pleased with someone burning several hundred miles worth of rubber of my tires because "the car is built for that".

Don't care what something is built for, If it's treated nice it will last longer.

And yes, I would be pissed if I took my AR to a gunsmith and he ran the hell out of it just because. Maybe I don't want my barrel to get that hot.

Hard use=faster wear on anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Even if the care "is built for it" it's the thought that someone took a risk using it that was unnecessary and without my consent.

I pay a mechanic to fix my car, not to take risks, or even drive it at 20mph in a school zone in it for their own pleasure.

I'd equate that to breaking into an amusement park and riding the rides for free. No harm done but it's still not right as an honest person would pay for the ride from the owner.

I don't see how an honest mechanic could justify taking risk or personal pleasure at a cost to the owner, not seeing it as theft or worse dishonesty.

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood

There is a difference between abusing somebody's car, and diagnosing a problem.

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    As much as I would like to, I wouldn't. I would not want to be responsible for something that might go wrong.. my fault or not, I would feel obligated to pay or repair whatever broke or went wrong under my control. I drive my car like I stole it, but I drive other peoples cars like I'm Sunday driving. I hold other peoples property to a higher standard than I do my own. If I ever borrow something from someone I try return it in better/cleaner condition than what I received it in.

Winner winner right here.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ

Man, your ethics have a shimmy in them at 10mph that needs looked at.

Top Bottom