• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    LOL,,,,damn Chunk. Yes that was before the police work. Stereotypes come from something. My bad.

The owners manual of the late model dodge says not to engage the transfer case above something like 30mph. Did you know you can engage it at any MPH? It's synchronised. Dodge engineer showed me. You can slam the 4x4 selector doing 65. When the square dodge durango came out, it was tested against the Ford explorer. We drove prototypes. How did we drive them? Like rented cars. They had to replace the tires after every two classes. The Dodge is a better vehicle, BTW and I love Ford. FYI, the factory tires on the SRT neon(when they did make them) were rated for only 15k miles. Why? Cuz they were made soft for get after it driving.

So while you doubt my morals. It's all a fine line. If you took your AR15 to a gunsmith. And he rocked it out. While you only shot it a round a second.

Is he abusing your rifle? Or is he using the rifle to the degree it was built for? Fine line.

So is a soldier that bangs his rifle against a humvee getting in....abusing it? Or was the rifle built to take that condition of use?

Is accelerating a Ford mustang through every gear at the maximum rpm, abuse? Or is it driving the car within it's intended purpose?

Machines have no feelings. They don't get tired or hungry. I haven't even watch the OP's video. I'm sure it has some ferris bueller test drive crap.

Taking a mustang off road is abuse. Racking the gears on an open road, is not.

Holy non-sequitir, Batman!

Knowledge of the "documented specs" for an item does NOT give anyone the right to abuse what doesn't belong to them. I don't care if something is made to take a metic ton of abuse, if you're a conscientious person you never risk damaging someone's hard-earned property without their consent. Hell even with their consent I could never feel comfortable doing some of the things you claimed. That's just common sense and common courtesy.

Good lord!
    Venture Surplus ad

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    Never trust a valet either. A guy I knew in high school used to valet at lone star park and would take off in peoples cars and drag race the other valets in customers cars.

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    Never trust a valet either. A guy I knew in high school used to valet at lone star park and would take off in peoples cars and drag race the other valets in customers cars.

I have quite a few friends with very fast cars, and you would actually be quite surprised at the number of them who have a "valet switch" for this very purpose.

dreyes89

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2012
    Pasadena
    I had a friend who would let me drive his Chevy single cab with 6.0 swap, Mid 12 sec truck. As much as I wanted to floor it, I wouldn't, didn't want to get ticket, crash, or something mess up in the truck. He asked if I ever did, and if I wanted to, still said no, Idk if it was because I would feel bad if something did happen or if i was scared of it. At 60 it would still fish tail, had another friend who took me in his 11 sec truck, that was a rush...

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    I have quite a few friends with very fast cars, and you would actually be quite surprised at the number of them who have a "valet switch" for this very purpose.

You're still never getting behind the wheel of the Vette. ;)

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas

My wife valets her Tahoe at least once a weekend. She's always been more worried about dents and scratches than races. I know it is not a race car but it still gets up and goes pretty quick. Is a valet switch something that can be installed at the dealership?

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    I lost my trust and confidence in repair shops way back in 1978 when I took my vehicle in for an oil change, and everything inside the vehicle and trunk was looted.

I called the cops and they said, "Hey, this is Lawton, OK, did you not clean out your car before you took it in for an oil change?"

Rangel

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2012
    Crosby Tx
    LOL,,,,damn Chunk. Yes that was before the police work. Stereotypes come from something. My bad.

The owners manual of the late model dodge says not to engage the transfer case above something like 30mph. Did you know you can engage it at any MPH? It's synchronised. Dodge engineer showed me. You can slam the 4x4 selector doing 65. When the square dodge durango came out, it was tested against the Ford explorer. We drove prototypes. How did we drive them? Like rented cars. They had to replace the tires after every two classes. The Dodge is a better vehicle, BTW and I love Ford. FYI, the factory tires on the SRT neon(when they did make them) were rated for only 15k miles. Why? Cuz they were made soft for get after it driving.

So while you doubt my morals. It's all a fine line. If you took your AR15 to a gunsmith. And he rocked it out. While you only shot it a round a second.

Is he abusing your rifle? Or is he using the rifle to the degree it was built for? Fine line.

So is a soldier that bangs his rifle against a humvee getting in....abusing it? Or was the rifle built to take that condition of use?

Is accelerating a Ford mustang through every gear at the maximum rpm, abuse? Or is it driving the car within it's intended purpose?

Machines have no feelings. They don't get tired or hungry. I haven't even watch the OP's video. I'm sure it has some ferris bueller test drive crap.

Taking a mustang off road is abuse. Racking the gears on an open road, is not.

Not the whole use vs abuse debate again. Lol. Where is renegade when we need him.

Texastransplant

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Purmela, Texas
    Back in 71 in the Army, I wanted a new exhaust on my Super Bee. I went to a small shop in Waynesville, a one man operatioin. He said he would do it for 20 bucks, if...he could take it for a spin after. Sure, had him do it and we went for a ride with him getting on it a few times, and he was happy. Course I went along for the "joyride."

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    If a shop abuses a car they (the employees) should be fired. I test drive SRT-8s, vipers, etc all the time. I do laugh when people come in and complain about 95 MPH vibrations on the highway though....

chris211

Gimme Back My Bullets!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2012
    TX
    Back in 71 in the Army, I wanted a new exhaust on my Super Bee. I went to a small shop in Waynesville, a one man operatioin. He said he would do it for 20 bucks, if...he could take it for a spin after. Sure, had him do it and we went for a ride with him getting on it a few times, and he was happy. Course I went along for the "joyride."

I take it you were at Ft. Lost in the Woods, Missery?

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    I used to think so. Get this, I had a 3rd party extended warranty company pay out on a motor replacement.
    Happens alot actually. If you maintain your vehicle properly, if not, it is your own fault that the warranty denies the claim.

Top Bottom