• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    Oh.my.god. that was some good reading. It never fails, scoobie owners always seem to be assdouches.... Lol I went there

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    my favorite was when he referenced NASIOC... because it's such a respected community of people.

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    This was by far my favorite quote:
    "A stock GTI doesn't have enough HP to really bring it on" Man, so I guess its not tq steer when my car pulls super hard to the right when I clutch dump it? Oh wait, that can't be possible, its just a TDI, not even a GTI..

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    The track has changed ownership many times in the past few decades. They used to run IndyCar and NASCAR there way back when, but now it's mostly just private events and amateur racing, and some testing for professional teams. TWS is one of seven "super speedways" in America that are 2.0mi or longer. The other super speedways are Indy, Daytona, Pocono, Michigan Int'l, Talladega, and I forget the last one... But ya, TWS is our own little secret.

Charlotte is the last one. They run two Nascar Races a year at Texas

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Your sidecar monkey thingy .... I wouldn't be buried in that hunk! But hey, if you like it that's cool :p

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Not long after you posted those pics I was driving behind a guy on one. He was sitting a little to one side and slightly leaning .... cuz the damn car wasn't on square!
    I took some pics for you, just never posted 'em.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS7PGQo8CkA5FUaoMzoeSmUDpMCCqN7eB0N68Xo6NgI56UhNlnhuLSXRKqU.jpg

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    The thing I learned from the pissing contest thread was that some members feel alienated when a couple people get into a pissing contest. My solution: More participation!

Come on... you know you want to join in, too. ;)

I think I read in another thread that you have a Ural? My buddy has been talking about getting one for what seems like forever. How do you like it? would you buy it again?

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Not long after you posted those pics I was driving behind a guy on one. He was sitting a little to one side and slightly leaning .... cuz the damn car wasn't on square!
    The problem might have been that it WAS on square! It has to toe-in to track straight ;)

I took the family for a ride last night. It had been a few months and I forgot how squirrely it handles with three people on it. Lots of fun! lol...

I think I read in another thread that you have a Ural? My buddy has been talking about getting one for what seems like forever. How do you like it? would you buy it again?
    Yeah I love it, but it's definitely not for everyone. You have to keep in mind it's a 1940's motorcycle with just a couple modern updates. It's also barely able to handle interstate speeds. Doesn't bother me much tho because when I get on it I'm not looking to go anywhere in a hurry. I'd like to also get a Dnepr to play with. The diff on the Dnepr open vs. locked on the Ural so if someone could make a limited slip for it you could have full time 2WD that would still be useful offroad... Hey, since I've got a 2WD bike can I get get fanboi status? It's not AWD but two out of three is pretty good

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    There's a drag way down in Bell co.

Anyway. There's a guy that runs there. It's a 76 Nova. Small block. He's running low 9's.

The cool part is that when he pops the hood. Besides the holley and intake. The motor looks like it was pulled out of an old truck. he doesn't paint a thing. The headers are rusty. He even uses a blower motor to run his waterpump. He just mounted on the side, got a small belt and went with it.

You'd never think this car could run like it does. It's still in factory paint. Faded and rusty.

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    The problem might have been that it WAS on square! It has to toe-in to track straight ;)

I took the family for a ride last night. It had been a few months and I forgot how squirrely it handles with three people on it. Lots of fun! lol...

Yeah I love it, but it's definitely not for everyone. You have to keep in mind it's a 1940's motorcycle with just a couple modern updates. It's also barely able to handle interstate speeds. Doesn't bother me much tho because when I get on it I'm not looking to go anywhere in a hurry. I'd like to also get a Dnepr to play with. The diff on the Dnepr open vs. locked on the Ural so if someone could make a limited slip for it you could have full time 2WD that would still be useful offroad... Hey, since I've got a 2WD bike can I get get fanboi status? It's not AWD but two out of three is pretty good

That 2WD must give you tons of grip during turning. Even though it's a locked diff, and allows no differential in speed between the two tires, it must still provide more grip!

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    There's a drag way down in Bell co.

Anyway. There's a guy that runs there. It's a 76 Nova. Small block. He's running low 9's.

The cool part is that when he pops the hood. Besides the holley and intake. The motor looks like it was pulled out of an old truck. he doesn't paint a thing. The headers are rusty. He even uses a blower motor to run his waterpump. He just mounted on the side, got a small belt and went with it.

You'd never think this car could run like it does. It's still in factory paint. Faded and rusty.

Those are the guys you don't want to line up with. They couldn't afford to make it look pretty because they spent all their money making it go fast.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    The only chevy I hot rodded was a 78 monti carlo. This car was the base model. No landu top.

It had a 305. I came across a 76 truck that the guy swore had a real 396 in it. Not a 402. I bought it.

I rebuilt it and it was a real 396. It had two bolt mains but HUGE 7/16 push rods. The monti carlo dipped two inches when I stuck the big block under the hood. 350 turbo.

Long story short The pin that go's through the spider gears broke in half. 7 1/4 rear ends are junk. My wife was driving it at the time. Car wouldnt go so she puts it in park. Which did no good since the rear end had exploded from the big block.

There's go my baby.....rolls down hill and hits a traffic light. I ended up selling the motor. But WOW, that car would get after it.

Top Bottom