• ...and so much more!
  • Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Don’t know if you saw this, but this was yesterday in Albuquerque.

It’s a good video, and very encouraging. However, they talk about suing the governor over this. How each and every one should sue. Most commoners do not have the deep pockets to hire an attorney over this. The billable $ per hour is more than the average person makes in a day. The gov has endless tax dollars at her disposal. The problem is, all of these pols are immune. There is no accountability. None. They are sheltered, and the worst that can happen is they lose an election. There is no personal loss for them, either monetarity or criminally
    Hurley's Gold

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    It’s a good video, and very encouraging. However, they talk about suing the governor over this. How each and every one should sue. Most commoners do not have the deep pockets to hire an attorney over this. The billable $ per hour is more than the average person makes in a day. The gov has endless tax dollars at her disposal. The problem is, all of these pols are immune. There is no accountability. None. They are sheltered, and the worst that can happen is they lose an election. There is no personal loss for them, either monetarity or criminally

Without intimately knowing NM law, filing pro se (acting as your own attorney) is usually double digit dollars. Going further, politicians aren’t immune to personal liability and if found to have violated oath of office, she’s personally liable to reimburse the state for costs incurred in defending her actions in a civil suit.

If I had standing, I’d go straight to the NM constitution, show the text of the governor’s requirement and the text of the rights of a state resident, then play the governor’s audio stating she thinks that’s all malleable.

I’d also look at a federal civil rights suit. Again, filed pro se is a couple hundred dollars and I bet GOA, FPC, or SAF would partner up.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Going further, politicians aren’t immune to personal liability and if found to have violated oath of office, she’s personally liable to reimburse the state for costs incurred in defending her actions in a civil suit.
    Several YT commenters are pointing out that a while back she signed into law a measure that strips away a great deal of qualified immunity and sovereign immunity in that state, a statute that may specifically apply to this circumstance.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Several YT commenters are pointing out that a while back she signed into law a measure that strips away a great deal of qualified immunity and sovereign immunity in that state, a statute that may specifically apply to this circumstance.
    :roflsmile:

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    For anyone who cares, here’s info on the NM Civil Rights Act which pretty much repealed qualified immunity for all NM .gov employees, including the governor.

In a landmark law signed today, New Mexico barred all government employees from using “qualified immunity” as a legal defense in state court and created a new way to challenge government agencies that violate constitutional rights. By making it much easier for victims of police violence and other government abuses to sue for damages, the New Mexico Civil Rights Act marks one of the most sweeping police reform bills passed in the aftermath of the tragic killing of George Floyd.

Last edited:

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Bernalillo County Sheriff John Allen described Grisham's 30-day "public health order" as "unconstitutional" during a press conference this week despite standing beside the governor during her rollout of the policy.

"It’s unconstitutional, so there’s no way we can enforce that order," the sheriff said in a Monday news conference. "This ban does nothing to curb gun violence."

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy

Bernalillo County Sheriff John Allen described Grisham's 30-day "public health order" as "unconstitutional" during a press conference this week despite standing beside the governor during her rollout of the policy.

"It’s unconstitutional, so there’s no way we can enforce that order," the sheriff said in a Monday news conference. "This ban does nothing to curb gun violence."

TJjerry

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 5, 2019
    Magnolia, tx
    Good for Sheriff Allen.

Since when do Democrat lead states care what the law actually says?
    In 2020 a couple of states allowed changes in voting laws, blessed by their Supreme courts, when the State Laws clearly provided that changes to voting laws could ONLY be changed by the States Legislature.
    New Mexico has all five Supreme Court justices, democrats.

How do you impeach a Democrat in a Democrat majority State? Can you say Gaven?

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    FPC filed suit

NAGR filed suit

Other suits
    Code:
     of Monday morning, four lawsuits had been filed calling on a judge to immediately halt the public health order – claiming it violates Second Amendment rights…..
    [state]Senate Republican Leader Gregory Baca says that Senate and House Republicans are also moving forward with a lawsuit

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

New Mexico is a beautiful State with very good People.

I have enjoyed vacationing, visiting, & working there since 1957.

But, leftards in urban areas are ruining the entire place. They have ZERO respect for the U S Constitution and/or for their fellow Citizens’ legal rights.

I haven’t set foot there in about a decade, and no longer consider the State as a leisure destination.

Could we help them recover from their self-inflicted injuries ? Time may tell. . . . . . .

leVieux

<>

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    I think some LEO’s are gonna have tough business decisions to make.

“Honey we’re losing our house because i enforced an unconstitutional law that even the AG said is not legal” is not going to be an easy conversation…

IMG_0784.jpeg

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine

“Honey we’re losing our house because i enforced an unconstitutional law that even the AG said is not legal” is not going to be an easy conversation…

View attachment 405717
    <>

One additional rallying cry for the resumption of the American Revolution in defense of the U S Constitution !

<>

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas

View attachment 405717
    Choices are always easy, its the consequences that can be painful to deal with.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I think some LEO’s are gonna have tough business decisions to make….
    I don’t; the majority of LE agencies have already set policy not to enforce. Second, the order only allows for “civil administrative penalties” for violations. That’s generally NOT cop work.

I haven’t done a whole lot of digging, but I’m guessing the Dept of Health doesn’t have any applicable penalty structure in their statutes, and I doubt they have their own LE agency.

So if there’s a health inspector out there who attempts to enforce the order with a citation and fine, they’ll immediately be subject to the NM Civil Rights Act which sends them to the state pen and forces them to pay attorney’s fees and court costs for the defendant.

This thing ain’t nothing but a paper tiger. But the legislature needs to hang the governor as should the courts.

Last edited:

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    I don’t; the majority of LE agencies have already set policy not to enforce. Second, the order only allows for “civil administrative penalties” for violations. That’s generally NOT cop work.

I haven’t done a whole lot of digging, but I’m guessing the Dept of Health doesn’t have any applicable penalty structure in their statutes, and I doubt they have their own LE agency.

So if there’s a health inspector out there who attempts to enforce the order with a citation and fine, they’ll immediately be subject to the NM Civil Rights Act which sends them to the state pen and forces them to pay attorney’s fees and court costs for the defendant.

This thing ain’t nothing but a paper tiger. But the legislature needs to hang the governor as should the courts.

Aye, but remember she said she would use the NMSP to enforce this - not the local cops. The Chief of State Police needs to come out and say "No" to his boss. Even if it is indeed a paper tiger - the Governess is trying to hang cops out to dry (shocker) because they'll be the first line of getting pilloried IF they enforce this (as they should get pilloried) and she's still going to try having a shield between her, and that law she signed stripping qualified immunity away.

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Elections have consequences

The clearly unconstitutional edict against lawful firearms carry in Albuquerque and surrounding Bernalillo County, New Mexico by Democrat Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham is a stark reminder to all Second Amendment citizens they must register to vote, and then make sure they do vote to keep people with ideas like this out of public office, the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms said today.

glenbo

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 3, 2014
    San Leon

View attachment 405717
    The first sentence in that is the single most important. She will have to pay the price of the lawsuits since the AG won't. I hope a few hundred people sue the hag.

Top Bottom