Next meet, July 11, 7pm @ Joe's Crab Shack on Riverside

Discussion in 'Austin Firearms Training Group' started by SIG_Fiend, Jun 30, 2009.

1. SIG_Fiend

SIG_Fiend Administrator TGT Supporter Admin

Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Okay everyone, the next meet and greet is going to be 2 weeks from now, July 11th (Saturday) at 7pm @ Location TBD

Last time we got some of the basics ironed out, so lets start working on more of the specifics. Judging by the poll results we're going to start off with a basic refresher course of firearms safety and basic operation with pistols, and then move on to more advanced pistol related stuff as well as more CHL and self defense related pistol usage. We will of course not be doing this at Joe's, as it will be for future meetups. ;) The main thing I want to get ironed out at this meet is sort of a game plan of specific topics to address for future meets. I already have plenty of ideas and can easily structure this on my own, though I want to make sure everyone is on the same page and get input from everyone else so that everyone is involved and is getting something they want out of this.

600 East Riverside Dr, Austin, TX - Google Maps

600 E Riverside Dr
    Austin, TX 78704

2. NewTxn

NewTxn Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Sounds good. I will try to make it.

A suggestion I have for good training in basic rifle marksmanship skills is the Appleseed Project. They have shoots one weekend every month in Davilla on a private range. It is excellent training for the $70 it costs. Women, active military, and under 21 are free.

www.appleseedinfo.org

3. SIG_Fiend

Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Absolutely! Appleseed has to be the most cost effective training out there. Only thing that sucks for me is I work pretty much every weekend. ;)

4. M. Sage

M. Sage TGT Addict

Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I'll try to make it. I think I'm tubing on the 11th. Non-negotiable with the wife on that one. :p

5. kerryp

kerryp Active Member

Apr 12, 2009
    Bastrop
    Cool, I should be able to at least make it to this one,,,,,getting home from Baby A's is another story all together :hammerhead: , good thing I am older and wiser than when I was when that place originally opened......

6. Big country

Big country TGT Addict

Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Is that the baby A's we met Starker at?

7. TexMex247

TexMex247 Well-Known TGT Supporter

May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    Is it cool if I drop in just to say hi and drink a cold beer or two ? I don't think I'll be getting involved with the training stuff but I have always wanted to put a few faces behind all those goofy user names.

8. SIG_Fiend

Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Yep, same one. Couldn't think of many other places that had big tables.

TexMex247, yeah, if you want to come hang out please feel free to! :happy0001:

9. Hoji

Hoji Bowling-Pin Commando

May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I will be teaching a class that day, but may be able to sneak in after I am through. Isn't Baby A's 30.06 posted? It is http://www.texas3006.com/view.php#anchor4 sorry I won't make it.

The Tavern on 12th and Lamar has big tables for future reference.

10. SIG_Fiend

Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Thanks for pointing that out Hoji. Give me some time guys, I am changing the location and will have a new one posted later tonight. We're definitely not going to waste money at a place that doesn't respect our rights.