Next meet, July 11, 7pm @ Joe's Crab Shack on Riverside

SIG_Fiend

Administrator
TGT Supporter
Admin
Feb 21, 2008
Austin, TX
Okay everyone, the next meet and greet is going to be 2 weeks from now, July 11th (Saturday) at 7pm @ Location TBD

Last time we got some of the basics ironed out, so lets start working on more of the specifics. Judging by the poll results we're going to start off with a basic refresher course of firearms safety and basic operation with pistols, and then move on to more advanced pistol related stuff as well as more CHL and self defense related pistol usage. We will of course not be doing this at Joe's, as it will be for future meetups. ;) The main thing I want to get ironed out at this meet is sort of a game plan of specific topics to address for future meets. I already have plenty of ideas and can easily structure this on my own, though I want to make sure everyone is on the same page and get input from everyone else so that everyone is involved and is getting something they want out of this.

600 East Riverside Dr, Austin, TX - Google Maps

600 E Riverside Dr
Austin, TX 78704

NewTxn

Oct 20, 2008
Sounds good. I will try to make it.

A suggestion I have for good training in basic rifle marksmanship skills is the Appleseed Project. They have shoots one weekend every month in Davilla on a private range. It is excellent training for the $70 it costs. Women, active military, and under 21 are free.

[url]www.appleseedinfo.org[/URL]

SIG_Fiend

Administrator
TGT Supporter
Admin
Feb 21, 2008
Austin, TX
Absolutely! Appleseed has to be the most cost effective training out there. Only thing that sucks for me is I work pretty much every weekend. ;)

kerryp

Apr 12, 2009
Bastrop
Cool, I should be able to at least make it to this one,,,,,getting home from Baby A's is another story all together , good thing I am older and wiser than when I was when that place originally opened......

TexMex247

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
May 11, 2009
Leander(NW Austin)
Is it cool if I drop in just to say hi and drink a cold beer or two ? I don't think I'll be getting involved with the training stuff but I have always wanted to put a few faces behind all those goofy user names.

SIG_Fiend

Administrator
TGT Supporter
Admin
Feb 21, 2008
Austin, TX
Thanks for pointing that out Hoji. Give me some time guys, I am changing the location and will have a new one posted later tonight. We're definitely not going to waste money at a place that doesn't respect our rights.

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Every Day Man
Shroud

Latest posts

Forum statistics