• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Jigo23

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 3, 2015
    It always bothers me a bit when I post something about an NFL game and I get all these " I don't watch NFL games because they're a bunch of overpaid entitlement spoiled athletes."

But yet, "Thank you for your service." is the standard response to the "I'm a vet."

So, let's look at each:

SOME NFL players ( a minority) fit that bill. The rest, are totally different animals. First off, the NFL is basically a free enterprise system. It's not funded by taxpayer money. ( Yes, I know what's coming, but I'm ready. ) The military, on the other hand is totally funded by taxpayer money.

Someone who has served in the military and never saw action, but wants to ride the coat tails of those who have made the supreme sacrifice make me a bit nauseous. They serve a purpose, as do National Guard members, as we need people at the ready. But to take a taxpayer funded ride around the world and make that your chest thumping claim to fame is just wrong.

One NFL player takes a knee, and the whole NFL is garbage. The truth is, besides being a valuable source of ENTERTAINMENT for millions of people, the average NFL player contributes heavily to many different philanthropic efforts, both financially and by hands on personal time and effort. The NFL contributes heavily to local economies wherever they call home, just economically through free enterprise.

Yeah, I guess Chad Hennings causes a real dilemma, huh? How about Pat Tillman? Can't be an American hero because he was an NFL player?

But another man who was shot down behind enemy lines and endured unthinkable torture recieved a ton of disrespect before he was cold and in the ground. But, nobody is dissing the whole military over one man's politics or military record.

Rant over....for now.

Bless your heart...it’s really not your fault you know, you can’t help it.
    Lynx Defense

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    This I have to agree with.
    You have made up points lately, just to throw them away and wind up back in a hole.
    WTF!!!?????

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Why are you reverting back to your troll ways? You had made such headway.
    And I had such high hopes for him given his recent attempts to play well with others.
    Sloppy was the forum attention whore but Hill Billy stole his title.

Now he wants it back and starts a thread like this to do it.

Pro NFL comments would cause a stir. Anti-military would too. Why not do both and rise to the top of everybody's ignore list again?

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Late. Was gonna say something but decided not to. Now I’m on the toilet at work browsing. Don’t judge me...

This thread is stupid. Pro athletes are entertainment. They are set for life if they don’t blow their money. Service members get joe blow pay. They get a thanks. A fast funeral. Are forgotten. As a civilian who did not serve, I view soldiers and police as men doing a job. I don’t glorify it. However they provide important jobs. Athletes? Please.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rod99
    Top Bottom