• ...and so much more!
  • Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    Many of us have expected eventual 'gun control by ammunition control'... this is it... The Russian manufactured stuff is just the low hanging fruit!

Online sales as interstate commerce (Commerce Clause) may likely be the next federal attack on ammunition availability.

True, or not, I dunno, but MrGunsNGear claims 40-45% of all ammunition sold in the U.S. comes from Russia...

90% of all statistics are made up.

FACT: The United States is the #1 weapons and munitions manufacturer in the world both military and civilian. So MrGunsNGear is full of shit.
    Hurley's Gold

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    90% of all statistics are made up.

FACT: The United States is the #1 weapons and munitions manufacturer in the world both military and civilian. So MrGunsNGear is full of shit.
    I think I accurately paraphrased what he actually said, but it's possible he meant 40-45% of Com Block calibers, which would be more believable.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    Non issue IMO. There's plenty of combloc ammo now flowing like a river from Serbia, Turkey and no doubt Ukraine under bidens reign. It won't take long for this ship to right itself but panic buyers will no doubt effect prices for a lil while. There were a few years where wolf actually contracted a Ukrainian manufacturer and it's great shooting ammo.

HKaltwasser

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    I think I accurately paraphrased what he actually said, but it's possible he meant 40-45% of Com Block calibers, which would be more believable.
    I believe it's 40-45% right now, at least at Academy it is. Add in the issues with shipping, and all the other messes out there right now; this will take a while to work out. I think a few years.

BeatTheTunaUp

Fux with the best, Die like the rest
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    It's been 20+ years since I owned any Combloc chambered weapons, haven't missed shooting any of the crap ammo yet.
    You know they make steel 9mm, 223, 308, 45, etc.....

I like to shoot... a lot. I'm tired of the non issue, doesn't affect me attitude. It most certainly affects you. I know a lot of boomers only shoot 100rnds a year. Good for you. I shoot 4 to 500 rnds each session. When I have to buy brass next time, there may not be any for you to buy when it comes time to sight in the deer rifle.

How the **** is loosing available cheap ammo to practice with not an issue?!?!

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    You know they make steel 9mm, 223, 308, 45, etc.....

I like to shoot... a lot. I'm tired of the non issue, doesn't affect me attitude. It most certainly affects you. I know a lot of boomers only shoot 100rnds a year. Good for you. I shoot 4 to 500 rnds each session. When I have to buy brass next time, there may not be any for you to buy when it comes time to sight in the deer rifle.

How the **** is loosing available cheap ammo to practice with not an issue?!?!

It affects me but there is nothing I can do at this point Tuna. I have not purchased a round of Ammo since Feb of 2019. I've tried to out wait this panic, but it's not going to happen. This is it. I was shooting 10k to 20k rounds a year before this happened. I've shot less than 300 rounds since. It sucks, but I guess it is what it is.

I'm probably going to offload everything I have except my bug out firearms. I make almost 6 figures a year and cannot afford to shoot anymore. You interested in some guns? Cause I simply cannot afford to feed them anymore.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    It affects me but there is nothing I can do at this point Tuna. I have not purchased a round of Ammo since Feb of 2019. I've tried to out wait this panic, but it's not going to happen. This is it. I was shooting 10k to 20k rounds a year before this happened. I've shot less than 300 rounds since. It sucks, but I guess it is what it is.

I'm probably going to offload everything I have except my bug out firearms. I make almost 6 figures a year and cannot afford to shoot anymore. You interested in some guns? Cause I simply cannot afford to feed them anymore.
    I mostly shoot what I can afford, and that means handguns mostly, but of course there is the occasional urge. The rate things are going, guns and ammo will be tomorrows currency.

ScottDLS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2020
    Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
    I hope the Romanians, Czechs, Ukrainians, et al, crank up the plants. I've been thinking since the last ammo shortage of going all "War Dogs" and getting myself an import license and a warehouse and flying East and making some deals. :shades:

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I hope the Romanians, Czechs, Ukrainians, et al, crank up the plants. I've been thinking since the last ammo shortage of going all "War Dogs" and getting myself an import license and a warehouse and flying East and making some deals. :shades:
    It's always a possibility that some of the other European countries will step up to fill that void. We can always hope at least. Some may see this as a viable market to up their production and what they are exporting.

Top Bottom