• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    You know they make steel 9mm, 223, 308, 45, etc.....

I like to shoot... a lot. I'm tired of the non issue, doesn't affect me attitude. It most certainly affects you. I know a lot of boomers only shoot 100rnds a year. Good for you. I shoot 4 to 500 rnds each session. When I have to buy brass next time, there may not be any for you to buy when it comes time to sight in the deer rifle.

How the **** is loosing available cheap ammo to practice with not an issue?!?!
    Knowing Txhillbilly personally, it really has no effect on him. I doubt he's bought factory ammo in over twenty years or more. He reloads for everything he shoots except rimfires. Even with the ammo panics of the last year or two now, he's not hurting for ammo. He stocked up on reloading components years ago.
    ARJ Defense ad

andre3k

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Houston
    Time to order 7.62x39 brass and dies while available. Starline, Midway.
    If you find 7.62x39 brass post up here. I have dies and a couple hundred pieces of brass but need more bullets and brass.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

HKaltwasser

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

I like to shoot... a lot. I'm tired of the non issue, doesn't affect me attitude. It most certainly affects you. I know a lot of boomers only shoot 100rnds a year. Good for you. I shoot 4 to 500 rnds each session. When I have to buy brass next time, there may not be any for you to buy when it comes time to sight in the deer rifle.

Not to mention, all that steel cased ammo keeps domestic producers honest. It's healthy competition that keeps all ammo reasonable most of the time.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    I've reloaded the 7.62x39 for over a decade and I can tell you all of your favorite guns that shoot it will destroy your brass within a half dozen loadings or less. The only exceptions being bolt guns and the VZ 58.

Sadly exceeding or matching steel cased Russian fodder velocities is harder than you think. Even with AA1680 at max I'm a little under. The other downer is the cost of proper .310 sized projectiles. They're not cheap and only marginally more accurate than steel. One thing the commies do right is making AK food.

All that being said our non blacklisted eastern European associates should easily meet the demand.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Seems at least a few of you, if not several, believe that some other countries in Eastern Europe will take up the slack, so to speak, and start producing more ammo to fill the void that will be created by the lack of Russian ammo coming into the US. I beg to differ but hope I am wrong. The thing is, if that is supposedly going to become the case, then why haven't the ammo manufacturers in those same countries been doing likewise for the last year and a half or so to make up for the ammo shortage that has been upon us for that long already! If they could not ramp up production to abate or completely nullify that shortage, what makes you think they will be able to do it come September when the ban on importation of Russian goes into effect?

Last edited:

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    If you find 7.62x39 brass post up here. I have dies and a couple hundred pieces of brass but need more bullets and brass.

The only brass I've seen in stock is Lapua, which was at nearly every place I looked (Midway, Midsouth, and Grafs). Expect $0.90 a piece or more. The bright side is, Lapua brass tends to last quite a while.

If their brass used small rifle primers, I'd probably buy some. I'm low on large rifle primers.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin

Starline has them for back order and they are pretty good at fulfilling back order requests in an acceptable time frame. If I shot x39 id be ordering a few thousand from them right now

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas

I ordered from Starline, Was on backorder but they ship when they make it, no sales tax and free shipping. $0.32 a case. Did not order bullets as I have a ton of Russian stuff now. Prepping for the future.

Royalecheese

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2017
    Seems at least a few of you, if not several, believe that some other countries in Eastern Europe will take up the slack, so to speak, and start producing more ammo to fill the void that will be created by the lack of Russian ammo coming into the US. I beg to differ but hope I am wrong. The thing is, if that is supposedly going to become the case, then why haven't the ammo manufacturers in those same countries been doing likewise for the last year and a half or so to make up for the ammo shortage that has been upon us for that long already! If they could not ramp up production to abate or completely nullify that shortage, what makes you think they will be able to do it come September when the ban on importation of Russian goes into effect?
    I thought the same thing. Ramping up production to meet increased demand is slow no matter what is being produced.

I honestly see this whole thing as nothing more than a back door gun and ammo grab than punishment for a murder.

Txhillbilly

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    North Texas

Mainly because I load every single round of ammo that I shoot (except Rimfire, and I have around 20K rounds of that stocked up), in every cartridge that I shoot and have done so for over 40 years.
    Not trying to be an a$$, but too many people depend on things being in stock or on the shelf every time they want it. I plan way ahead!
    I probably shoot a hell of lot more ammo than you do, but I have enough powder, brass, primers, and bullets to shoot the rest of my life.

Oh, I do have several thousands of rounds of Wolf 223 that I bought decades ago when it was $79 per thousand.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Mainly because I load every single round of ammo that I shoot (except Rimfire, and I have around 20K rounds of that stocked up), in every cartridge that I shoot and have done so for over 40 years.
    Not trying to be an a$$, but too many people depend on things being in stock or on the shelf every time they want it. I plan way ahead!
    I probably shoot a hell of lot more ammo than you do, but I have enough powder, brass, primers, and bullets to shoot the rest of my life.

Oh, I do have several thousands of rounds of Wolf 223 that I bought decades ago when it was $79 per thousand.
    I have the capability of loading everything I shoot like you but when prices were low I didn't bother loading and who can load as cheaply as that Russian steel stuff. Of course rimfire is a different story.

BeatTheTunaUp

Fux with the best, Die like the rest
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX

I have plenty on hand, probably to much, but I like to replenish as I shoot to keep my multi truck load stash available for rainy days. So I guess to be fair, when they outlaw powder and primers, I'm fair to call it a non issue. got it.

I thought we supported all issues as gun owners.

Top Bottom