• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • duckknot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2013
    Leander, TX
    At this point I realize that I am beating a dead horse and I am not going to change the mind of those who demand to carry OC. I was living in Nevada when I got my first CC permit. Other than our Castle doctrine here in Texas, which is far better than Nevada's, overall, I liked the general carry laws in Nevada better. Other than the usual government building & school preclusions, "No Guns" signs did not have force of law, but by law, if a business owner did not want guns on their premises all they had to do was to ask you to leave. If you did not, trespassing could be charged. First and foremost, I'm not personally into OC and as a general rule and only carry open at my home and yard and I am not comfortable around those who do. I am now and have been from the start a believer in that open carry makes a person the first and primary target. I support the right to OC, but I also support the rights of a business owner to say they do not want open carry for the reason stated in the quoted above, "for the safety and comfort of our other customers and employees" and I think that the emphasis is on the word "comfort". I feel that 30.07 is not an unreasonable compromise on gun carry and takes the burden off the business owner from having to ask you to leave.
    What part of NV?

I too was shocked when I first moved here at the places where guns aren't allowed

Sent from...wait where am I!?
    Texas SOT

fishingsetx

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2015
    The donut shop is still there but a Mexican couple run it now. The Asians opened another one on Hwy 183 one block north of 90A.

A Czech style bakery opened a couple months ago downtown that is way better.
    You been by that new gun shop inside Fehner &Sons on the corner of 97, 197, and 183? Pretty nice place with very reasonable prices and a good selection of powder . A bit high on their guns though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    You been by that new gun shop inside Fehner &Sons on the corner of 97, 197, and 183? Pretty nice place with very reasonable prices and a good selection of powder . A bit high on their guns though.

I need to do my Christmas shopping done before I go there. It's the only real gunshop around here so the kind of high prices are not a surprise.

I have seen way ridiculous prices at other places so I hope it's not too bad.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I've never had a bad Whataburger... I guess maybe in some towns, they could have a bad location here or there but I'm sure it's a possibilty

To me...Whataburger is a Texas thing.. because it is based In Texas

Just because it is a Texas thing does not mean it is good.

fishingsetx

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2015
    I need to do my Christmas shopping done before I go there. It's the only real gunshop around here so the kind of high prices are not a surprise.

I have seen way ridiculous prices at other places so I hope it's not too bad.

Ive been shopping for a 1911 and really want a springfield. Academy carries the range officer for $800. Their price was $950. High, but not rediculously high.

They had a few other 1911's I looked at that seemed outrageous, but might have been a steal for all I know. Any 1911 that is selling for over $2k is way to high for my pocket book!!!

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    Yeah that's kind of high but I guess it should be expected. I can't afford to pay $2k for a gun either. Maybe I should save for awhile before going over there.

It's funny how I have seen prices way higher than that. There's no way a Taurus 1911 is worth $900. This was at a small gun counter inside a feed store in Elgin.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Back on the original topic, I have been in several Whataburgers which had no signs posted.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    majormadmax,

ImVho, once WB sold out to that bunch of DY, they were DONE as a Texas operation.
    (When I got home to TX after a long spell OCONUS, the FIRST place that I wanted to go was WB for a "double-double" & was utterly disappointed in what WB had become.)

I first ate at a WB in Galveston about 1965, I think.

Back to the topic, about half of WB in SA reportedly have NO "anti-gun" sign of any sort.

Btw, the HEB where we shop has NO signs either.

yours, satx

NavyVet1959

Curmudgeon Extraordinaire
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2014
    Texas, ya'll
    I like Carl Jr's better. They don't have a 30.07 sign, but a girl who worked there (manager?) told me that they are going to be putting up the sign and although I didn't have to leave, that I should not open carry in there in the future.

I just received a call from the girl who had told me that they were going to be putting up a sign prohibiting open carry at Carl Jr's. She apologized and said that she had been mistaken / misunderstood what had been said to her previously and that it was perfectly OK to open carry at Carl Jr's. I had sent an email to Carl Jr's corporate headquarters after it happened asking for clarification of corporate policy on this (i.e. whether she was mistaken).

So, I guess Carl Jr's is one of the good guys...

Interestingly, she mentioned that she also works in the mornings at What-a-burger. And, yeah, I asked -- that means she has to change uniforms twice each day...

Just another victim of this stupid ObamaCare excrement. They make the rules to that if your worker works 30 hours a week, then you must provide health insurance for them. So, companies cut the hours on their workers to 20 hours per week and hire twice as many of them.

Last edited:

jeepinbanditrider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Dallas
    I just received a call from the girl who had told me that they were going to be putting up a sign prohibiting open carry at Carl Jr's. She apologized and said that she had been mistaken / misunderstood what had been said to her previously and that it was perfectly OK to open carry at Carl Jr's. I had sent an email to Carl Jr's corporate headquarters after it happened asking for clarification of corporate policy on this (i.e. whether she was mistaken).

So, I guess Carl Jr's is one of the good guys...

Interestingly, she mentioned that she also works in the mornings at What-a-burger. And, yeah, I asked -- that means she has to change uniforms twice each day...

Just another victim of this stupid ObamaCare excrement. They make the rules to that if your worker works 30 hours a week, then you must provide health insurance for them. So, companies cut the hours on their workers to 20 hours per week and hire twice as many of them.

Yup. I work at a gun store now part time and while one week of 30+ hours doesn't automatically mean you're full time it does cut down on the hours I could potentially work otherwise until I can find a full time gig or get hired on at the range full time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NavyVet1959

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2014
    Texas, ya'll
    Because everybody sucks at the "concealed" part.

Yes, everybody.

But here in Texas, we don't have to be *truly* concealed, just *legally* concealed. And as long as you are somewhere that doesn't prohibit OC, then you don't even need to be concerned about being *legally* concealed.

Now, if you were to visit NYC and still want to carry, you better be *truly* concealed. Those leftist LEOs up there could make your life miserable with their unconstitutional INFRINGEMENT of your right to bear arms.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Remember that next time somewhat posts "concealed means concealed"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NavyVet1959

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2014
    Texas, ya'll
    Remember that next time somewhat posts "concealed means concealed"

*Legally* concealed just means concealed from the normal clueless folks out there who would wet their pants if they saw a gun. These people wouldn't know it was a gun even if you had a tight fitting t-shirt over it that was printing so significantly that you could read the marking on the slide.

*Truly* concealed means that it is concealed from someone who knows what they are looking for.

For *me*, being *truly* concealed mean that I'm carrying a smaller frame gun than I would prefer -- probably a subcompact 9mm if I'm in a place where it is cold and can justify wearing a heavy coat and probably something around the size of a NAA mini-revolver or Beretta 21A if I was somewhere like NYC in the summer.

If you are some place that doesn't believe in the natural born right of free men to bear arms, then you need to practice a bit of discretion in what you carry, otherwise, you might end up as basically a political prisoner. No different than if you worship a religion that is not officially sanctioned in some place.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom