ARJ Defense ad

NRA Kicks Obama Solidly In The Zipper Again!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • moshow9

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    El Paso
    Earlier in the month it was mentioned that the NRA was offering a life membership for only $300. That's a great deal! At the time I myself had just signed up for the easy pay life program. I thought about canceling my membership (this step was per NRA) and signing up for the discounted life deal...only I didn't. In the end I decided to stay in it for the long haul and feel the full contribution is needed over the discounted in a time like this. Today, I also signed up to support GOA as a life member. I don't make a lot of money but still wanted to contribute what I could comfortably.

As an aside, people feel differently when it comes to nutnfancy. I can watch a couple of his videos, while he grates on me in many others. But he said something in one of his more recent videos and it is this: owning a firearm is political. There is no way around it, moreso now. We have to fight for a right that has already been granted to us, how backwards is that? Regardless of how we got to this point, the fact of the matter is we are here.

I appreciate that you use the power of your vote kusai. But it is important to understand that this fight is on many fronts. Because of this we need to remain united, we need to support all who support 2A and will fight for us, and we need to continue this fight for ourselves as well. There is power in numbers and our voice can only be drowned out if we allow it.
    Texas SOT

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    When I saw that deal for a life membership, I realized how badly that would suck for a 66 year old man to get one! Gallows humor. When your life is drawing to a close, you can joke about such things.....snicker.

Flash

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Hey....all kidding aside. We NEED you in the NRA. Please consider joining us in the fight., Feinstein, Biden, Obama, Shumer and the rest of the Libtards aren't going away any time soon.

Flash

GrandpaOf18

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Elmendorf TX
    Joined NRA first, TSRA second (lifetime), wondering who this group would recommend to be my third group to join? Monthly contribution goes to where it is needed most. Including other state orgs that are on the front of this fight, and it is a fight.

Elbe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    San Antonio
    Joined NRA first, TSRA second (lifetime), wondering who this group would recommend to be my third group to join? Monthly contribution goes to where it is needed most. Including other state orgs that are on the front of this fight, and it is a fight.

JPFO, stands for Jews for Preservation of Firearms Ownership. No you don't have to be Jewish to join. They have a lot of intersting info and articles from the perspective of a persecuted people/religion that needed firearms to fend them off. www.jpfo.org

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    That's my point....I personally ain't gonna fault anyone for their choice of Pro-2nd organizations they join.....but if they are NOT a member of at least ONE of 'em, then yeah - they're freeloaders in my book, and I frankly have little respect for 'em.

kusai

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Bedford TX
    they're freeloaders in my book, and I frankly have little respect for 'em.

LMAO, its ok to be a forum ninja, you really think its easy to put laws in place and just take away guns ? especially in Texas ? I just hate the fear mongering sales pitch. 3 Mil gun owners are not gonna sit around and let the 2A get erased from bill of rights. The suits in Washington just wants that, they dont want confrontation. Thats what needs to be given to them, get down and dirty and they will flip the shit.

Huh Freeloaders my ass. Civil war was not fought by NRA members

Last edited:

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    LMAO, its ok to be a forum ninja, you really think its easy to put laws in place and just take away guns ? especially in Texas ? I just hate the fear mongering sales pitch. 3 Mil gun owners are not gonna sit around and let the 2A get erased from bill of rights. The suits in Washington just wants that, they dont want confrontation. Thats what needs to be given to them, get down and dirty and they will flip the shit.

Dude....welcome to my ignore list. You ain't worth the time to explain just how full of shit you are, or what a jackass you prove yourself to be.

"Forum Ninja"? Look, oh wondrous stain on someone's trousers - the idea is to stop shit BEFORE it goes too far. I'm old enough now that tangling with 'em ain't taking that much from me - but I've got kids and grandkids, and I don't want THEM to suffer needlessly. Hell, I'll gladly give many THOUSANDS of dollars more if we can keep the fight in the halls of congress, rather than on the streets. Maybe you're too damned young, or so gutless that you've never served in a combat role - but if you had, you'd KNOW it's the LAST resort you ever want to take.

But, as I said - this string is now yours, because you've now become just the 2nd person on my ignore list.....and your ignorance has surely earned you that position.

Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    ...3 Mil gun owners are not gonna sit around and let the 2A get erased from bill of rights...

Tell that to the Germans just before WW2, the Russians just after WW2, the Brits, the Chinese and a host of other civilized nations. It's not fearmongering it's fact - if you don't confront it then eventually it will overtake you.

GrandpaOf18

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Elmendorf TX

Our pals down in Oz wish they had done different, they didn't, and look what happened to them. It WILL happen here. Our vote at election time is one thing, and can't be discounted, but these days, it's the vote$ in between that get things done.

kusai

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Bedford TX
    Our pals down in Oz wish they had done different, they didn't, and look what happened to them. It WILL happen here. Our vote at election time is one thing, and can't be discounted, but these days, it's the vote$ in between that get things done.

Grandpa you are spot on and thats where I have conflict of opinion. One one hand we have gobbermint use our own tax money against us, on other hand we have to lobbyist to retain something thats already our own.

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    This last page or two has been entertaining! Gotta admit, if I had to choose whether to fight gun issue out in the offices and halls of Congress as a lobbyist or to shoot it out in the streets, I'd probably choose the path of peace. The NRA is doing a splendid job of representing us in Congress. Why our member has a hard on for the NRA would be nice to know but I guess if someone is feeding and petting you, you still have the option of biting and attacking them viciously. It's still (sort of) a free country....at least at 8PM today.

Flash

steve-o

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2011
    Arlington

It would be easy for them to put laws in place that strip us of our rights if it weren't for organizations keeping watch on capitol hill. This isn't fear mongering, it's the harsh reality of what the anti-gunnners are trying to do. 3 million gun owners are supposed to do what if gun grabbing laws are passed? Start a violent revolt? I would rather donate $$ to organizations that will stop crazy legislation so that I don't have to take arms against the govt. I also disagree that the govt does want confrontation to prove their stance that gun owners are a bunch of crazy rednecks looking for a fight. That would be the fuel they need to pass laws that disarms us. It almost sounds like you are ok with another bloody civil war, I'm not. I would like to live in peace with my rights intact.

kusai

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Bedford TX
    Well I dont have a hardon for NRA or anything. I just dont appreciate the attitude of "if you own a gun you have to be an NRA member" so right now I am researching their membership and their .org so on a positive note I am trying to learn what they have achieved till day and whats their goal besides promoting gun ownership via their membership.
    Again I believe charities and voluntary contributions are upto and individual and there should be voluntary and not forced donations/peer pressured.

This last page or two has been entertaining! Gotta admit, if I had to choose whether to fight gun issue out in the offices and halls of Congress as a lobbyist or to shoot it out in the streets, I'd probably choose the path of peace. The NRA is doing a splendid job of representing us in Congress. Why our member has a hard on for the NRA would be nice to know but I guess if someone is feeding and petting you, you still have the option of biting and attacking them viciously. It's still (sort of) a free country....at least at 8PM today.

Flash

Top Bottom