Capitol Armory ad

NRA Kicks Obama Solidly In The Zipper Again!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Well I dont have a hardon for NRA or anything. I just dont appreciate the attitude of "if you own a gun you have to be an NRA member" so right now I am researching their membership and their .org so on a positive note I am trying to learn what they have achieved till day and whats their goal besides promoting gun ownership via their membership.
    Again I believe charities and voluntary contributions are upto and individual and there should be voluntary and not forced donations/peer pressured.

It is apparent that you have no idea what the NRA has done for us all. Please educate yourself.
    DK Firearms

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Well I dont have a hardon for NRA or anything. I just dont appreciate the attitude of "if you own a gun you have to be an NRA member" so right now I am researching their membership and their .org so on a positive note I am trying to learn what they have achieved till day and whats their goal besides promoting gun ownership via their membership.
    Again I believe charities and voluntary contributions are upto and individual and there should be voluntary and not forced donations/peer pressured.

I think you're looking at this in a more negative way than it is. Nobody is trying to force or pressure you as much as we are asking for your help and support. In times like we are in now, it has gotten to the point where you should pick a side. Remember that quote about "good men who do nothing"? As far as our rights go, when some are fighting hard to keep them and others are contributing to that fight, it's like being the only guy who doesn't hunt or scavange but eating everytime someone comes back with food. We are being attacked, man. You gonna just sit and watch your brothers and sisters fight back, or are you gonna help us? That's just the way I see it. I vow to never NOT be a member of a pro 2A organization for the rest o my life and always contribute to the fight for our rights.

Last edited:

UncleSamsMisguidedChild

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    San Antonio
    You know Kusai

Here's what I've learned about the NRA and what they do for us as gun owners.

Remember all of those THOUSANDS of earmarks in let's say... Obama's stimulus package? Virtually every bill has those types of earmarks, some pertaining to guns and 2nd amendment type issues. The NRA scans these bills and determines whether or not they need to step in for you and I to protect us.

You said that you don't think they could just strip away the 2nd amendment from us w/o us knowing and or standing up for ourselves (paraphrased), but WHAT IF you never saw it happen? What if they took it all away in little earmarks in every bill, which by the way is something that happens daily to your liberties, and others typically step in to defend you whether you know it happens or not.

This is why so many people stick by the NRA and similar organizations. THEY stand up for you as a gun owner, even when you don't know you need to be stood up for.

inceptor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2013
    Denton County, Republic of Texas
    You really need to understand a few things.

1. You think this can't happen to us, we have the constitution. You better take a close look at what they have done so far in New York and Cuomo has stated this is just a start. While your at it look at Maryland, Missouri, California and others seriously considering the same thing.

2. It's the constitution and they can't touch that. Do a google search. There is active talk amongst scholars, politicians and liberals about doing away with the current constitution and rewriting it. Obama himself said the Supreme Court got the Heller decision wrong. He stated he would appoint 2 justices to fix this. He has one already. All he needs is one more to make a different decision regarding the 2nd amendment. Once the Supreme Court states that a well armed militia means the govt only, your hosed.

3. Okay but this can't happen in Texas. WFAA did a survey and found that in Texas the split right now is 50/50 for gun control. 50/50, can you believe it? Too damn many Californians and New Englanders here to suit my taste. So yes, it can happen here.

I am willing to defend me and mine. I do have the mindset to do what it takes. That being said, I'm just too old to be a commando so taking it to the street is not real high on my to do list. Like others have said here, we gotta do this the right way. The NRA has been known to get on my nerves at times but that's another story. I am a supporter especially now. We need people like them to take fight to DC. They know how the game is played and they do it well. As a point, Obamacare had a provision in it for possible gun confiscation. The NRA made a deal with Harry Reid to get it removed. Obummer didn't even realize this had happened because the bill was so massive until Sandy Hook when he tried to implement this and found out it had been changed. Harry forgot to tell him. I don't remember all the details but I lmao when I heard.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Unfortunately, our lawmakers are devious and dishonest. That's how we got our 10 year nightmare of Feinsteins "Assault Weapons" bill. They attached it to pending legislation that looked like it should pass. The situation got so bad that President's have been clamoring for the "Line Item Veto" to nail all the garbage that is attached to a good bill. Without that Line item veto, a great bill has to be killed to free it of the bad parasites. Conversely, a terrible bill may get passed to slide some favored garbage into law. That's how this stuff happens. It's NOT clear cut, open, honest or productive.

The reason that horrible "Assault Weapons Bill" had a "Sunset" clause that killed it after 10 years was to buy support and votes for the bill. Feinstein didn't put a sunset in her current bill.

Someone needs to read EVERY FRIGGIN WORD of these bills to see what the lying little bastards have slipped in unnoticed. Did you know that Harry Reid slipped in a rider attached to Obama's Health Care bill that forbids the Government from using the medical databases that will be necessary to run that medical monster as defacto gun registration media? It's in Obama's law and Reid used this out of control monster of a bill to slide in something that protected us! Members of Congress openly admitted that they never read Obama's Health Care juggernaut bill and there was lots of room for sneaky little things to be slipped onto the coat tails of the bill.

Individual members will bargain for their vote. "I'll vote for it if you'll add ......to the bill." Then they tack some more BS to the bill to earn that vote. Others say "I'll vote against the bill if you'll add/subtract this part."

A member might need jobs for his district so they slide a dam or bridge project onto a bill. That's how we get these dams like in Kemah that don't hold any water and do absolutely nothing! We have bridges that go nowhere. Guess how that happened?

Someone must cut those deals and that's what the NRA is doing every day with these Knotheads in Congress! It's not an open, transparent, honest, productive, patriotic, cost conscious process. It's all back door and clandestine. Without watchdogs on the job every single day, we as taxpayers and gun owners are totally screwed!

THAT is what the NRA does!

Flash

Last edited:

moshow9

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    El Paso
    I was talking today with a co-worker from another office. He is a big firearm enthusiast. Has lots of rifles and a few handguns. Goes shooting quite often with his dad and some local State Troopers. I asked him if he has been involved in the fight (joined the NRA, writing/calling our State Reps, etc.) His response: "I don't care, I have my guns." He followed up that by saying we are in Texas and nothing will happen here.

He's a good friend, good co-worker, but this is such a short sighted view to have. I asked him if he was aware of what was going on elsewhere (New York, California and elsewhere) and his response was, "No." I talked with him briefly about what is happening, asked him to go online and check some stories/links out, and the need to join the fight. I hope he does but he didn't seem too interested.

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    On the brighter side, look at the survey that I took on the Washington Post site:

Gun control laws
    Do you support stricter gun-licensing requirements in the wake of the Newtown shootings?

No. 91%
    You voted for this
    91%
    Yes. 9%
    1976 people have taken this poll.

Flash

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    polished on the way out of the asshole.

That was pretty funny!

I think I'll go sit on the Biden and take an Obama. OOPS! I just cut a Feinstein!

Aren't we terrible?

Flash

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    polished on the way out of the asshole.

That was pretty funny!

I think I'll go sit on the Biden and take an Obama. OOPS! I just cut a Feinstein!

Aren't we terrible?

Flash

HAAAAAAAAA! That was awesome. I gotta tell that one to everyone I know.

Whiskey_Rocka_Rolla

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Houston
    Vote is something I do. Other than that do I owe anyone any explanation ?

@ Kusai, the NRA is more or less the reason the entire nation isn't under NY or California or Chicago style gun control, or worse right now. If it weren't for the NRA I can pretty much guarantee the entire nation would be like those places as it pertains to 2nd Amendment violations. It is the NRA who makes it a point to comb through every single bill passing through Congress (gun related or not, because they like to sneak gun control provisions in completely unrelated bills), it's the NRA who warns us about future gun control pushes (as they've been doing constantly for the last few years, and were called fear mongering right wing gun nut conspiracy theorists. Well what do you know, they were right. Now the 2nd Amendment is top news every single day cause the government wants it gutted completely).

Its your choice if you don't like the NRA and don't wanna become a member, but if you really want a voice in D.C. in favor of your gun rights, I'd highly suggest joining. Or at least join GOA or NAGR or SAF. Just voting is only one battle in an endless war on freedom. The NRA is not a government affiliated association it's made up of all of us nationwide.

Also, I'd highly suggest joining the TSRA if you like the gun rights you have in TX. It is because of the TSRA that we are no longer forbidden to carry guns in public. Among other victories they've helped secure in the State Legislature over the years.

Another advantage of being a member of a pro 2A group is you get email alerts constantly on the state of the 2nd Amendment and gun control in Washington D.C.. Most of the times they have a pre-forwarded letter to your state Congress, US Congress, POTUS, and VP, in regards to whatever outrageous gun control legislation is being discussed at that particular time.

Really if you consider yourself anything more than just a "gun owner", meaning you are someone who truly values the 2nd Amendment, not being a member of at least one Pro 2A organization amounts to talking the talk but not walking the walk. Just sayin'.

In summary, join TSRA and either NRA, GOA, NAGR or SAF. We need all the help we can get.

Trust me if the NRA weren't doing so much to preserve our 2nd Amendment freedoms, the anti gunners wouldn't hate them so much.

Last edited:

Whiskey_Rocka_Rolla

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Houston
    You don't like the Jews? ;)
    JPFO is a good one, too.

Never heard of them. But yes I like Jews, the few of them I know. But although I wouldn't suggest someone not join the JPFO, I just think that a particular demographic category can seem exclusive therefore dividing the pro 2nd Amendment community. Not that this was the intended purpose of the JPFO, I'm sure they just wanted to connect with other Jews in America who stand firmly for their 2nd Amendment. Which I applaud. Just seems like if it is has the word "Jewish" in the name, it may only be for Jews. So I doubt many non jews would join. And although I applaud their cause, I think it's a much more worthwhile investment to contribute to a non exclusive (or inclusive) organization such as the NRA or GOA, which petition and lobby Congress day in and day out. And the TSRA which keep all our money in TX and stay on the state legislator's asses to keep Texas the way it's supposed to be. Armed.

EDIT:

I'm not a Jew, but I joined JPFO because they are much more aggressive and NO compromise.

^^^ I might have to check them out then.

inceptor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2013
    Denton County, Republic of Texas
    It was just brought to my attention that the democratic party in Fort Worth is pushing for key changes for gun shows on city property. These include only licensed sellers, background checks for all gun sales on premise and a 7 day waiting period on these sales. This info was provided by the 912 Project Fort Worth.

kusai

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Bedford TX
    Thanks for the info Whiskey_Rocka_Rolla,
    Thats the info I was looking for, I will surely consider getting a lifetime membership. I like how you keep cool and explain, what I dont like is "give us the money dont ask question and figure out yourself" attitude. Thanks again for the info and keep up the good work
    Cheers

@ Kusai, the NRA is more or less the reason the entire nation isn't under NY or California or Chicago style gun control, or worse right now. If it weren't for the NRA I can pretty much guarantee the entire nation would be like those places as it pertains to 2nd Amendment violations. It is the NRA who makes it a point to comb through every single bill passing through Congress (gun related or not, because they like to sneak gun control provisions in completely unrelated bills), it's the NRA who warns us about future gun control pushes (as they've been doing constantly for the last few years, and were called fear mongering right wing gun nut conspiracy theorists. Well what do you know, they were right. Now the 2nd Amendment is top news every single day cause the government wants it gutted completely).

Its your choice if you don't like the NRA and don't wanna become a member, but if you really want a voice in D.C. in favor of your gun rights, I'd highly suggest joining. Or at least join GOA or NAGR or SAF. Just voting is only one battle in an endless war on freedom. The NRA is not a government affiliated association it's made up of all of us nationwide.

Also, I'd highly suggest joining the TSRA if you like the gun rights you have in TX. It is because of the TSRA that we are no longer forbidden to carry guns in public. Among other victories they've helped secure in the State Legislature over the years.

Another advantage of being a member of a pro 2A group is you get email alerts constantly on the state of the 2nd Amendment and gun control in Washington D.C.. Most of the times they have a pre-forwarded letter to your state Congress, US Congress, POTUS, and VP, in regards to whatever outrageous gun control legislation is being discussed at that particular time.

Really if you consider yourself anything more than just a "gun owner", meaning you are someone who truly values the 2nd Amendment, not being a member of at least one Pro 2A organization amounts to talking the talk but not walking the walk. Just sayin'.

In summary, join TSRA and either NRA, GOA, NAGR or SAF. We need all the help we can get.

Trust me if the NRA weren't doing so much to preserve our 2nd Amendment freedoms, the anti gunners wouldn't hate them so much.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    The way I see it, the NRA is the strongest voice we have in DC or most any state legislature. The rest are just as important. If the NRA gets lazy or out of line, GOA, TSRA, etc... will rip them a new one. All are worthy of our support as long as they support us. I like the backbone I'm seeing from the NRA lately.
    2 pesos.

Top Bottom