• ...and so much more!
  • easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I am a member, and I will remain a member, because even though I criticize their methods and their lack of support or outright opposition to gun related topics, I know they are the biggest gun lobby organization and with what seems daily attacks to our second amendment rights, we do need what support we can get.

As far as the leadership of the NRA I look at them like RINO's of the republican party, yes they are better than most democrats, but I don't trust them with the gun owner's best interests, and for that I will continue to criticize.
    Venture Surplus ad

gshayd

Ugliest house on the block.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2018
    Beaumont, Texas
    If you are not a Member of the NRA get a membership. I think you have to be an annual Member for 5 years to be eligible to vote. I upgraded to a Life Member when the Clintons took office. I have since upgraded membership twice since then. The last big revolt was in 1977 when leadership changed hands. If you are mad at these leaders you would probably be pulling your hair at the Pre 1977 leadership being in charge. We are dealing with D.C. Which is a different place? I hear the words we are will not compromise our 2nd Amendment rights. I can respect that but what does it mean if all the stuff you support never happens or still gets watered down? The U.s Constitution was created by compromising. I believe a guy should be able to buy a bump stock. To me its a waste of money and a gimmick. The question is what strategy should be used? If Congress gets involved and passes a law banning them it will be pretty much game over. If the Dems in Congress who are charge could just do that. Then if you get a number of GOP rats in the Senate defect over bump stocks it could lead to some repercussions I wouldn't want. A bunch of unelected bureaucrats who have no power to make law use administrative regulations you might stand a chance in the Courts. If the Courts kick the administrative ban out that would be the best way to approach the problem. I say it should be gone after in the courts.

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    If you are not a Member of the NRA get a membership. I think you have to be an annual Member for 5 years to be eligible to vote. I upgraded to a Life Member when the Clintons took office. I have since upgraded membership twice since then. The last big revolt was in 1977 when leadership changed hands. If you are mad at these leaders you would probably be pulling your hair at the Pre 1977 leadership being in charge. We are dealing with D.C. Which is a different place? I hear the words we are will not compromise our 2nd Amendment rights. I can respect that but what does it mean if all the stuff you support never happens or still gets watered down? The U.s Constitution was created by compromising. I believe a guy should be able to buy a bump stock. To me its a waste of money and a gimmick. The question is what strategy should be used? If Congress gets involved and passes a law banning them it will be pretty much game over. If the Dems in Congress who are charge could just do that. Then if you get a number of GOP rats in the Senate defect over bump stocks it could lead to some repercussions I wouldn't want. A bunch of unelected bureaucrats who have no power to make law use administrative regulations you might stand a chance in the Courts. If the Courts kick the administrative ban out that would be the best way to approach the problem. I say it should be gone after in the courts.

For God's sake man, use paragraphs! It's hard as hell to read a post that long otherwise. It literally takes less than a second to do.

As for bump stocks, the NRA just handed them over. We gained nothing from that. Working the system is all well and good, but just giving up rights without ANY fight is unacceptable. We have the numbers to force what we want. The NRA is dropping the ball big time.

What they should be doing is going after every elected official that betrays the 2nd Amendment as hard and as viciously as they can. GOP or not. It would send a message that we will not tolerate compromise. Our rights are NOT up for discussion. They won't do that though because the upper echelons are weak and are far to willing to give away our rights. Some such as that bitch from Florida are actively fight against us. You have others like Cotton who have no problem limiting parts of our rights as long as the parts he likes are left alone. He's a sellout and should have no place in the NRA.

Vote these bastards out.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Easily seen is the common trait of blowing hot air from those who attack pro gun patriots and from those who bash the NRA.

We are at war. Worse, our Constitution and Bill of Rights is under attack by anti American traitors. NRA bashers fall in line with them, cozy up to their flabby asses and purr when you inhale their farts.

The NRA battles those traitors in court. You A-holes just blow hot air and tear at NRA history and reputation.

The enemies of my friends are my enemies. Got no use for you!

Flash
    Answer my question please.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    One more thing. . . . .

that we should all know !

Never, ever respond to any NRA "solicitation".

Those are farmed-out to outside commercial agencies who get to keep a full 50%.

If you wish to make an ILA or NRA "donation", go directly to their website and donate there, where they would get the full amount.

I learned this the very hard way.

leVieux

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I have since upgraded membership twice since then.
    I'm a Golden Eagle. My devotion to the NRA is solid.
    If you are mad at these leaders you would probably be pulling your hair at the Pre 1977 leadership being in charge.
    Yep, that's some history everyone needs to know. Most people don't realize that the NRA had acquired the land for the Whittington Center in NM and was on the verge of pulling up stakes in DC and moving the whole operation out to the middle of nowhere. The NRA was about to completely abandon all political action because the Fudd-ness was nearly universal. Thank God for Neal, Harlon, and others who saw the writing on the wall and took action. And damn the powers-that-be (Wayne, I'm looking at you) who have since rigged the rules to make sure the membership can (probably) never again bitchslap the leadership back into line.
    If the Courts kick the administrative ban out that would be the best way to approach the problem.
    Agreed. However, no one really believes the NRA was playing that sort of long game. Marion Hammer threw bump stocks under the bus too quickly. They now say they were trying to derail a freight train full of antigun legislation that was headed our way; I think they're just covering their butts.

Yes, I value the NRA and because I greatly value it, I criticize it mightily. I want it to be better. I'm actually shocked that cantankerous ole Flash has adopted such a milksop, I'll-take-whatever-they-give-me-and-not-complain attitude towards the NRA. That doesn't sound like him at all.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston

Negative! Folks who bash the NRA made their beds...… then cozied up with Feinstein, Pelosi and Clinton. I have one damned thing to say to you: GET LOST, TRAITORS!

Flash

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge

Negative! Folks who bash the NRA made their beds...… then cozied up with Feinstein, Pelosi and Clinton. I have one damned thing to say to you: GET LOST, TRAITORS!

Flash
    So, you agree with the NRA actively killing solid, pro gun legislation at the state level?

You agree that red flag laws and accessory bans are pro Second Amendment?

You are A-Ok with folks in leadership positions in the NRA publicly stating that civilians do not need more than 5 rounds in a rifle and if they want to shoot an assault rifle they should join the military?

You are also good with Speaker Bonnen appointing NRA F rated representatives to chair positions on the committees that hear all gun legislation in Texas ?

Got it. One of us is indeed a traitor.

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Don't put words in my mouth That's a Liberal favorite technique. When you sleep with them, you start behaving like them. I have nothing but contempt for those who bash the NRA. Get lost!

Flash

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Don't put words in my mouth That's a Liberal favorite technique. When you sleep with them, you start behaving like them. I have nothing but contempt for those who bash the NRA. Get lost!

Flash
    When you vehemently support an organization that does everything I have described and still claim to be pro Second Amendment...........

Jesus Christ dude. Look at them and their actions with a critical eye.

I know you can, I have seen you do so on other topics.

gshayd

Ugliest house on the block.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2018
    Beaumont, Texas
    All the Pro Gun organizations and all owners are in the same boat. If it goes down we are all going down. I don't see eye to eye with the NRA all the time and belong to several organizations. Instead of engaging in back stabbing and fighting each other we all better grab a bucket and start bailing. Fighting amongst ourselves because we have different positions is what the other side wants. WE can band together despite differences or we can be taken down separately and lose everything. The Founding fathers had to make compromises to get the Constitution written and passed. That's the nature of the real world.

CyberWolf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2018
    US
    Was planning to sit this one out so as not to write the virtual essay the topic warrants (and is broiling just under the surface, with many straw-men just waiting to be slain); but in lieu of that, I'll just leave this single concept for folks to ponder:

Blind, unthinking, and indiscriminate zealotry is a cancer regarless of context or which extreme it occupies - this is the true antithesis of rational thought.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    I'm a Golden Eagle. My devotion to the NRA is solid.
    Yep, that's some history everyone needs to know. Most people don't realize that the NRA had acquired the land for the Whittington Center in NM and was on the verge of pulling up stakes in DC and moving the whole operation out to the middle of nowhere. The NRA was about to completely abandon all political action because the Fudd-ness was nearly universal. Thank God for Neal, Harlon, and others who saw the writing on the wall and took action. And damn the powers-that-be (Wayne, I'm looking at you) who have since rigged the rules to make sure the membership can (probably) never again bitchslap the leadership back into line.
    Agreed. However, no one really believes the NRA was playing that sort of long game. Marion Hammer threw bump stocks under the bus too quickly. They now say they were trying to derail a freight train full of antigun legislation that was headed our way; I think they're just covering their butts.

Yes, I value the NRA and because I greatly value it, I criticize it mightily. I want it to be better. I'm actually shocked that cantankerous ole Flash has adopted such a milksop, I'll-take-whatever-they-give-me-and-not-complain attitude towards the NRA. That doesn't sound like him at all.

I agree.

Everyone not familiar with the "Knox Revolution(s)" needs to study them, so they can understand what is being discussed here. In a nutshell, victory over Knox allowed LaPierre to fortify himself via "rules" and the impenetrable "nominating committee" to the detriment of any "democratic" system in today's "NRA".

While this worked fairly well as a stopgap, any organization this large should have more member-input influence to claim that it is "democratic".

IOW, the time for the LaPierre dictatorship and his all-powerful nominating committee to be over is NOW.

leVieux

leVieux

Last edited:

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    All the Pro Gun organizations and all owners are in the same boat. If it goes down we are all going down. I don't see eye to eye with the NRA all the time and belong to several organizations. Instead of engaging in back stabbing and fighting each other we all better grab a bucket and start bailing. Fighting amongst ourselves because we have different positions is what the other side wants. WE can band together despite differences or we can be taken down separately and lose everything. The Founding fathers had to make compromises to get the Constitution written and passed. That's the nature of the real world.
    You should look up the word “compromise” and get back to us on what the other side is giving up.

Here is a much posted cartoon on what compromise is to the left.
    upload_2019-1-31_10-18-45.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-1-31_10-18-45.png
      upload_2019-1-31_10-18-45.png
      186.7 KB · Views: 267

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx

Flash
    I'd like to know what is meant by that too. I'm American yet I have bashed many a politician, but that doesn't make me a traitor. I'm a NRA member, and yes I have bashed LaPierre and Cox on many an occasion, but like voting, if you don't vote you can't complain on who gets elected, I just wish I could vote both of them out.

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    And just like that, gone forever, never to be heard from again.

WTF! I'm still here, but I refuse to debate or try to convince normally intelligent people that they've turned to the dark side. I am damned sure not afraid of you!

Feinstein venom makes you do the Liberal work for them. It's a shame...… you're lost to the dark side and simply can't see it. You may as well be on the Bloomberg payroll, as you try to extinguish the brightest light that patriots have!

Flash

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    And just like that, gone forever, never to be heard from again.

WTF! I'm still here, but I refuse to debate or try to convince normally intelligent people that they've turned to the dark side. I am damned sure not afraid of you!

Feinstein venom makes you do the Liberal work for them. It's a shame...… you're lost to the dark side and simply can't see it. You may as well be on the Bloomberg payroll, as you try to extinguish the brightest light that patriots have!

Flash
    When George W Bush stated unequivocally that he would sign an assault weapons ban renewal in 2004, did you blindly carry his water and call anyone who disagreed with him a traitor?

Top Bottom