• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    (Disclaimer: The source of the article is a major liberal outlet. Read with a grain of salt.)

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/nra-financial-trouble-706371/

The National Rifle Association warns that it is in grave financial jeopardy, according to a recent court filing obtained by Rolling Stone,and that it could soon “be unable to exist… or pursue its advocacy mission.” (Read the NRA’s legal complaint at the bottom of this story.)
    Capitol Armory ad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Good timing with the Patriot and antifa protest going on. If any guns go off. The political protagonists will go overtime.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    I read 4-5 articles. Journalist are incompetent.

As far as I can tell. The state of NY is using their power to coerce entities in the state to stop doing business with the NRA. The NRA sued, as part of their suit they’re showing damages and potential damage.

And that is the extent of it.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Local state originated organizations need the money more. I lost faith after Bill Clinton's ban and the continuing background check middle finger to the Fifth Amendment. But who I'm I to complain? I've been, back when, a member of the NRA for a year. No. I don't wanna buy a ball cap or a coffee cup. I want you to stop political horse$hit.

Didn't see or experience a benefit on any CrAzy government backhand gun ban. Haven't joined since.

Last edited:

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    If you're not already a member, please join the NRA. (which can be done for a grand total of $10.00 a for an annual associate membership - no magazines or other stuff with type membership. Just membership...works for me)

They help you keep your guns.

Don't believe it?

Research it.

I've never experienced a call for more money from me to them.

Perhaps due to my low cost membership rather than being a life time member or what have you category that cost big bucks...

Mike_from_Texas

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    North Texas
    They’ve been going broke since their inception.......but they haven’t.

Just another one of their scare tactics to get more money from the membership.

I see them as a necessary evil since we have no voice to our fucked up government.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DwnRange

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2015
    Don't know about others, but since they have chosen to elect Oliver North (aka John Caffey of Mena and Iran Contra fame) a liar to congress, murderer (responsible for the death of Barry Seals) and a general embarrassment to the Marine corp as NRA President - I have been giving serious thought to giving up my Life/Endowment memberships.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    I read 4-5 articles. Journalist are incompetent.

As far as I can tell. The state of NY is using their power to coerce entities in the state to stop doing business with the NRA. The NRA sued, as part of their suit they’re showing damages and potential damage.

And that is the extent of it.

I just wanted to re-quote this as it seems some are falling for the leftist version of what is really going on.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    They’d have 25% fewer expenses if they allowed people to join “but don’t send me worthless tchotchkes or you dumb magazines”.

I eventually got to the point where I don’t get worthless crap, and very few pieces in the mail, but it took more effort than it should have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    pronstar,

See my above post.

You can join the NRA for $10.00 a year.

No magazines or tchotchkes will come your way - $10.00 covers membership only.

And, as I mentioned above, I've zero experience with NRA with it's hand out for more moola...I've been an Associate Member for years.

Maybe an 'associate membership' (my category) is considered too cheap to pester.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    The more broke they go, the more the top brass gets in pay and compensation every year.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Go ahead and knock the NRA, but they do more good for gun owners than any other pro-gun organization.

If you're pro-gun, either you're not paying attention or ...

Top Bottom