• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    They’d have 25% fewer expenses if they allowed people to join “but don’t send me worthless tchotchkes or you dumb magazines”.

I eventually got to the point where I don’t get worthless crap, and very few pieces in the mail, but it took more effort than it should have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

They had that button when I signed up...

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I got this email just this morning. ..

NRA Beat the Dues Increase offer extended. Don't lose YOUR discount and gift!
    VIEW IN BROWSER

NRA-8783-logo.jpg

BEAT THE DUES INCREASE

FINAL DEADLINE EXTENDED TO AUGUST 10th – RESPOND TODAY!
    For personal assistance, call Toll-Free, 1-(855) 672-2018.

To access your account:
    Visit NRA2018.org
    NRA-8783-premiums.jpg
    Use your membership number
    to log in

Cam,

A few days ago, I sent you an email to notify you of the August 1st deadline to beat the NRA dues increase and receive one of the commemorative NRA gifts I've reserved in your name.

But I know that not all our members were able to log in by the deadline to take advantage of this offer.

Cam, as an NRA member you've done more to defend freedom this year than many Americans will do in their entire lives. That's why it's so important to me that you have the opportunity to take advantage of this discount offer and receive your NRA gift.

And that's why we've extended the final deadline for this offer to midnight August 10th.

But this deadline cannot be extended again. Please respond immediately to lock in your savings, receive your free gift, AND help NRA win the most important mid-term election of our lives.

Billionaire gun-hater Michael Bloomberg is spending at least $80 million to wipe out our pro-gun majorities in Congress this November and give Chuck Schumer and Nancy Pelosi the power to destroy our rights. Their extremist anti-gun agenda is primed and ready to go on the first day the new Congress convenes next January.

Cam, NRA can't stop a gun-ban takeover of Congress without your help.

That's why I need you to continue your powerful NRA commitment today. Please log into your account immediately to receive the extraordinary discounts and gifts I've reserved for you.

Please don't wait. This deadline won't be extended again. If there's no activity on your account by midnight on August 10th, this offer will expire and our special website will be taken down.

LOG IN NOW to claim your discount and gift before this final extended deadline, and help NRA defeat the most serious threat to freedom you and I have ever faced.

I'm grateful beyond words for your support, and I urge you to let me hear from you today.

Wayne LaPierre
    Executive Vice President

FINAL DEADLINE AUGUST 10, 2018.

National Rifle Association • 11250 Waples Mill Road • Fairfax, VA 22030

Please do not reply to this e-mail.

Unsubscribe from this email list | Manage your email lists | Contact Us

Thank you

ETA: Deleted membership number .

spacer.gif

1.gif

SloppyShooter

Certifiable
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2018
    White Settlement, Texas
    I was an NRA member for many years. I guess it was Wayne LaPerryprick that killed it for me. He decided NRA meant "Now Raise Assets ".

It got to the point I just couldn't take it anymore. Crap in the mailbox every time I turned around to "keep or send back, cancel at anytime. " Yeah, well it was my NRA membership that got "cancelled ".

Worse still, was the constant barrage of phone calls urging mo' money, mo' money, mo' money, because the anti-gunners were about to cause the sky to fall, and the ONLY way to stop them was mo' money.....

I would re-join tomorrow, if I knew that they wouldn't figure it was Cart Blanche to telemarket the crap out of me.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    I just wanted to re-quote this as it seems some are falling for the leftist version of what is really going on.

It amazes me what was written...

You have a sitting government actively conspiring, colluding and using their power corruptly to silence and disenfranchise a group of people, under the guise of their promoting illegal goods and services in the state.

Instead of reporting on an egregious abuse of power. They’re reporting almost cheering at what the end results could possibly be if the corrupt government officials are successful.

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Actually it's the insurance rvenue that NY wants to curb. Claim NRA is an isurance company, with out-of-state underwriter. IEEE used to have good inexpensive insurance program, had to drop it for the same reason. Basically insurance industry doesn't want competition. NY also would like to eliminate the NRA as a pro-2nd source.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    do they have a list of where the money sent in goes ?
    % for employees
    % for advertisements gimmicks
    % for shows
    % for admin
    % that actually goes to supporting the 2nd amendment

I know when you dig into most funds and donation places the actual % that goes to the cause is so minuscule its laughable,

I have no clue how the NRA spends money but it sure seems its a cash cow for the brass.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Go ahead and knock the NRA, but they do more good for gun owners than any other pro-gun organization.

If you're pro-gun, either you're not paying attention or ...
    I have my doubts about that, I see a lot more law suits brought by the 2nd Amendment Foundation then I do from the NRA. I'm still a NRA member, but then I'm also a member of 4 others gun rights organizations.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    I have zero requests for mo money or telephone soliciting from the NRA.

It must be due (I think) to me being a lowly associate member.

Donating $10.00 a year maximum (at least for me) for membership, 'must' put me in the 'forget about that guy giving out more donations) therefore I suggest join with the associate membership.

My opinion...

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    So, apparently very few are actually reading the article. Rolling Stone is full of shit. The NRA is in no danger currently, but has pointed out in their legal brief what the state of NY is trying to do to them and what New York's end goal is, by underhanded and frankly illegal means...embellished with a healthy dose of wishful thinking by an anti-gun "journalist" and repeated verbatim by other "news" sources that can't be bothered to fact check.

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    The NRA does a lot of good but unfortunately, it's also a large corporation. While this has reduced profit from one area of their business it is not the end. If they were in trouble there are many areas where they can cut costs as mentioned in this thread. I suspect their claim has more to do with fighting the loss of this one area of revenue.

I'm an NRA member and a member of a few other similar organizations. While 2A existed long before the NRA there are plenty of groups more than willing to abolish the 2A if nothing stands in their way. Unfortunately it requires organizations and PACs to prevent that.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Can anyone name something that the NRA accomplished on its own other than tagging themselves on the victories of the SAF, state organizations, or individual citizens?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Can anyone name something that the NRA accomplished on its own other than tagging themselves on the victories of the SAF, state organizations, or individual citizens?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Freaking liberals out and giving the anti-gun idiots a boogeyman to hype and make themselves look foolish...

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Freaking liberals out and giving the anti-gun idiots a boogeyman to hype and make themselves look foolish...
    That is potentially one their biggest assets from one perspective.
    While the liberals are focused on the NRA, other organizations are quitely getting things done to fight the liberals. Virtually unnoticed. While the NRA quitely contributes resources. Diversionary tactics. If they fall, less known and potentially less powerful organizations suddenly become much more noticed and vulnerable.

from an idjit coffeeholic

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Lifetime NRA member here.

I don’t agree with everything they do, and that’s true for every person and corporation I’ve ever run across.

But the basic premise and intent of the organization is something I choose to stand behind.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Lifetime NRA manner here.

I don’t agree with everything they do, and that’s true for every person and corporation I’ve ever run across.

But the basic premise and intent of the organization is something I choose to stand behind.

What happens when they count on that?

Top Bottom