• ...and so much more!
  • pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    What happens when they count on that?

For the majority of what they fight for, they can count on my support.

If the scale tips and I no longer agree with what they stand for, then I’ll pull my support even tho they got my 700 bucks a long time ago.

I don’t have any real leverage at this point, besides the potential of future donations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Texas SOT

A & P

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2014
    Tomball/Magnolia
    If you're not already a member, please join the NRA. (which can be done for a grand total of $10.00 a for an annual associate membership - no magazines or other stuff with type membership. Just membership...works for me)

I've never experienced a call for more money from me to them.

Perhaps due to my low cost membership rather than being a life time member or what have you category that cost big bucks...

I get what they do. I am a Benefactor Member and while I never really donate to political campaigns and I'm not rich, I feel like roughly $2000 to the NRA was a good "investment". I own a store and am an instructor so maybe it helps me more than most. They do fight the good fight and they are really our only collective voice. Ted Cruz won't take my call, but he'll take Wayne's. The NRA puts on a great annual meeting. They also support so many causes and affiliate with companies that offer things like instructor insurance and a small free firearms insurance and life insurance. Much of their money probably comes from selling affiliations to their members. So they do A LOT of good.

Having said that, I wish they'd save money with the mailers. There is probably an Opt Out option. Once you get to Benefactor, though, they start with the "Golden Eagles for just $200/mo" solicitations.

What does chap me a bit though is that not all the board members are Benefactors. To me, that's not being fully committed. They have to be life members, but some are "only" endowment members. Pony up! If you want to help control the NRA, I think you should be all in. Anyone being nominated is probably a "somebody" and has far more money than me. I kicked in my ~$2k. So can they.

I do like the "free" magazines. I suspect they are fully paid for out of advertising. The more circulation they have, the more they can charge for ads. The "Armed Citizen" page alone is probably worth the $2/mo for a basic membership.

I think if a gun lover doesn't join the NRA then they are kind of getting a free ride. Without the NRA, the libtards would have stomped our gun rights out of existence by now. $25/yr (or even $10 for the basic level) is nothing. That's not even a decent meal one time a year. That's a box or two of ammo that you couldn't even have bought if Hillary got elected. I don't like everything the NRA does. I don't like everything Trump does. But I dread the alternative!

A & P

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2014
    Tomball/Magnolia
    I just reread my post and thought of this as a marketing angle:

I think the NRA still has that free $2500 life insurance policy. That means that your NRA membership is FREE! Not free to you, but net free to your estate. In your lifetime, you won't pay $2500 for dues even as a benefactor. So when you die, your heirs get all of your dues back and then some. You're basically just loaning money to the NRA! They'll solicit you to up your life insurance of course, but you don't have to.

So get your (net) free lifetime NRA memberhsip today!

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    I get what they do. I am a Benefactor Member and while I never really donate to political campaigns and I'm not rich, I feel like roughly $2000 to the NRA was a good "investment". I own a store and am an instructor so maybe it helps me more than most. They do fight the good fight and they are really our only collective voice. Ted Cruz won't take my call, but he'll take Wayne's. The NRA puts on a great annual meeting. They also support so many causes and affiliate with companies that offer things like instructor insurance and a small free firearms insurance and life insurance. Much of their money probably comes from selling affiliations to their members. So they do A LOT of good.

Having said that, I wish they'd save money with the mailers. There is probably an Opt Out option. Once you get to Benefactor, though, they start with the "Golden Eagles for just $200/mo" solicitations.

What does chap me a bit though is that not all the board members are Benefactors. To me, that's not being fully committed. They have to be life members, but some are "only" endowment members. Pony up! If you want to help control the NRA, I think you should be all in. Anyone being nominated is probably a "somebody" and has far more money than me. I kicked in my ~$2k. So can they.

I do like the "free" magazines. I suspect they are fully paid for out of advertising. The more circulation they have, the more they can charge for ads. The "Armed Citizen" page alone is probably worth the $2/mo for a basic membership.

I think if a gun lover doesn't join the NRA then they are kind of getting a free ride. Without the NRA, the libtards would have stomped our gun rights out of existence by now. $25/yr (or even $10 for the basic level) is nothing. That's not even a decent meal one time a year. That's a box or two of ammo that you couldn't even have bought if Hillary got elected. I don't like everything the NRA does. I don't like everything Trump does. But I dread the alternative!

Their not dumb. I’ll guarantee you, if those mailings didn’t make money they wouldn’t do it.

Polished Rock

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Austin Texas
    Their membership now over 6 million (all time high). How bad can it be? As long as know-nothing leftists keep hating on the NRA, I’ll keep supporting.

Old_Inspector

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2011
    Spring, Texas
    There are several problems for the NRA. I have been a Life Member for over 35 years and an Endowment Member for about 15 years. I'm retired now so money is a little tighter. I also belong to many other gun rights groups. EVERY ONE of them always is begging for money. Their requests are easily put in the paper recycle bin if I don't want to contribute or deleted if received electronically. No biggie.

The original problem that started the insurance issues is that the NRA was making a commission on the Carry Guard program. This means that the NRA was accused of acting as an insurance agency in the State of New York and this could be considered a violation of New York state law and was so interpreted by the Governor (his Insurance Commissioner promptly said "Yes, Mas'r" and immediately attacked the insurance companies and directed a judgement against them). The insurance companies immediately folded (as they always do against government). New York has some unusual and very restrictive elements regarding insurance law and many insurers are based in New York.

The second - and more serious problem - is that the Governor and the New York Insurance Commissioner is telling all insurance companies (and banks) that if they do any business with the NRA, they will not do any business with the state of New York and, further, if they still do any business with the NRA and do business in the People's Demokratic Republic of New York, they will be investigated and - like the original insurers for the Carry Guard program - they may be arbitrarily fined by the People's Demokratic Republic of New York or denied any business with or protections of the People's Demokratic Republic of New York. This is the big problem as it caused the NRA's corporate insurer to drop them and they are having problems finding another insurer for any of their insurance needs. Illegal? Probably. Immoral? Absolutely yes. The Demokrat Governor's attitude? FU; sue me (which the NRA is doing).

The Governor of New York also apparently had the Insurance Commissioner of New York rule that if you are accused a crime involving a firearm in the state, you may not have insurance to protect and defend yourself in court from prosecution by the State (like the Carry Guard program provided). You will need to prove your innocence first. If you have defended yourself with a gun, you are -therefore - guilty of a crime and - apparently - in the People's Republic of New York, you will be prosecute/persecuted to the fullest extent possible.

And the Democrats wonder why the gun owner community (except Fudds) don't trust or like them.

phoenix

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2014
    If it is accurate is proof how intolerant those demanding tolerant is. They try to destroy those they dont agree with. I going to most movies becuase of how leftist hollywood is. I watch most free online which is not hard to do or wait till they come on TV. I wont go to leftist places if i have a choice sometimes you dont and many places are franchises so the owner might not be lefty the company is. If the right ever fights fire with fire like the left is doing and has been doing I am sure we will prevail

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    If it is accurate is proof how intolerant those demanding tolerant is. They try to destroy those they dont agree with. I going to most movies becuase of how leftist hollywood is. I watch most free online which is not hard to do or wait till they come on TV. I wont go to leftist places if i have a choice sometimes you dont and many places are franchises so the owner might not be lefty the company is. If the right ever fights fire with fire like the left is doing and has been doing I am sure we will prevail
    I like the fact that the left has shown itself to be intolerant, makes it easier to figure out whose nuts.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    In your lifetime, you won't pay $2500 for dues even as a benefactor.
    As a longtime Golden Eagle, this is definitely not true for me.

I still consider the money I've spent to be a good investment. My SAF Lifetime membership and the occasional extra donations I make to them are also a good, arguably better investment. I'll continue to support both.

And just to be a little on topic, the situation in NY is nuts. You should be able to buy insurance against anything you can imagine if you can find someone to write it. Are they also outlawing personal liability policies? I carried heavy personal liability insurance back in the day because if you were in my job and you didn't get sued, you weren't doing your job. I can't imagine a state telling me I must prevail in court before I can get help from an insurer but, then again, I'm not familiar with the mindset of the rulers of the Empire State.

Top Bottom