• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Theres to many Chucks in a truck running around that dont know anything about construction & rely on the trade doing the job right.

Bingo! The successful independent builder (i.e., the ones who still thrive in bad times and down turns) are the ones who can, in a pinch, do every job on a construction site.

Simply can’t pull the wool over them ...
    Venture Surplus ad

karlac

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Heard stories of folks that tried that on a commercial job. Dustin used to be an alarm system installer. Said the sheetrockers came through and covered stuff up. The Fire Marshall came by on a friday to inspect and told the super to have all that shit torn out and he would be back by on monday. :facepalm:

Dont know how much it was but it was a hospital job so it was a lot.

Even the best drywall installers can do that, seemingly without trying ... usually behind a run of kitchen cabinets during electrical trim out, before you find out.

Why I shuddered to see a plumber, or electrician, with a sawzall around my freshly installed, beautiful cabinets. ;)

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    Bingo! The successful independent builder (i.e., the ones who still thrive in bad times and down turns) are the ones who can, in a pinch, do every job on a construction site.

Simply can’t pull the wool over them ...

The "YES" guys always cause problems too. Instead of telling a customer... we cant do that because of safety issue or X issue... thye just go along with the homeowners bad idea knowing its not correct. But they dont care they have work & are getting paid. They figure its the next guys problem once the homeowner has issues with their bad ideas.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    I keep hearing how Dallas, Ft. Worth, Houston....... look like ghost towns.

Denton dammit
    20200410_134651.jpg
    We're all Essential!

Attachments

• 20200410_134651.jpg
      20200410_134651.jpg
      1.3 MB · Views: 434

karlac

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    The "YES" guys always cause problems too. Instead of telling a customer... we cant do that because of safety issue or X issue... thye just go along with the homeowners bad idea knowing its not correct. But they dont care they have work & are getting paid. They figure its the next guys problem once the homeowner has issues with their bad ideas.

Your worst enemy in the construction business is the local inspector who is friends with the tradesman whose work he is inspecting.

He won't gig him, will pass him, but tell him to "fix it". By the time you find out it wasn't fixed it's covered up.

Why I always, and mean always, met the inspector onsite regardless of the work being inspected. Since the trade who pulled the permit is the one who calls for inspection, you gotta stay ahead of the game ... you snooze, you lose.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    The market was closed today for Good Friday, that was a disappointment. I'll have to wait for Monday and hope the stock I want to buy is still as low as it closed yesterday. Anyway, to you who celebrate, hope you have a Happy Easter.

Top Bottom