Magnolia
    cali.jpg

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Beautiful sunny, cool day now that the rain has passed. Last night at 9 pm it was 89°. Right now it's 76° and sunny.

Thank you, Lord, for the rain. May we please have more!?

We got a good bit here. My wife and two friends went for drinks with one of the friend's cousins last night - cousin's sister just died two days ago so they went to console her. I picked them up from the bar at 12:30 - was quite a lightning show (no rain at that point) - we got home, the storm let loose. Rained so damn hard I thought the rain was going to pound thru the roof. There's sandy mud 10 inches up the sides of the van from it raining so hard last night.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Looking for a job, trying to help catch a fugitive a neighbor is harboring, and paying high diesel prices. So pretty dang good.

Sounds like things are going well then.

Gas prices are as high as snoop dogg right now. At least that’s convinced my wife to wait on a new mom mobile monster truck for now.

View attachment 321119

When you're tired of zoomers and millennials saying shit like "OK Boomer" and "What a Fudd" :laughing:
    :laughing:

Buhaha Paul is a national treasure. This meme just makes it.

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    We got a good bit here. My wife and two friends went for drinks with one of the friend's cousins last night - cousin's sister just died two days ago so they went to console her. I picked them up from the bar at 12:30 - was quite a lightning show (no rain at that point) - we got home, the storm let loose. Rained so damn hard I thought the rain was going to pound thru the roof. There's sandy mud 10 inches up the sides of the van from it raining so hard last night.
    Prayers up for the Family....

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Called the HOA about the neighbors house. Since they foreclosed on the home they are responsible for maintaining it...I hope.

That said, I have a serious problem taking a house for 3 grand in costs and fees. Apparently they never paid their dues, which is only 300 a year. In AZ they can put a lien on the house but not foreclose just for non payment of HOA fees.

I guess with all the judgement and liens I found, including a child support lien for 30 grand, the owner figured he wouldnt see a dime from the sale so let it go.

This has gotta be a scam. Who ever bought it at auction paid just 40 grand for a house that with some work would sell close to 300 grand.

I'm in the wrong racket. That said you gitts have access to hard cash to buy stuff like that.

Someone bought it under a trust titled the property address trust.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    This has gotta be a scam. Who ever bought it at auction paid just 40 grand for a house that with some work would sell close to 300 grand.

I'm in the wrong racket. That said you gitts have access to hard cash to buy stuff like that.

It doesn't have to be but it certainly can be a scam.

There have been a number of HOAs around the country that have come to light when a group of scammers took over. If you have no integrity and plan it right, you can elect a whole replacement board to an HOA, immediately send out a bunch of violations, move them through enforcement as quickly as possible, and start taking people's homes from them before anybody wises up and realizes you need to be voted out.

I know a little about how liens work and the potential for abuse is truly scary in states, like Texas, that don't regulate HOAs closely. I remember a documentary on the subject many years ago that found a number of HOAs that existed solely to steal as many houses in a neighborhood as possible.

If you're seeing an auction where a $300K house sells for $40K to a buyer behind a trust, then you have plenty of reason to be suspicious. If you were present at the auction, tell us what it was like. If you weren't present, I can recite tales of auction shenanigans in cases like this, shenanigans that make the blood boil for any observer with an ounce of goodness in their soul.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Called the HOA about the neighbors house. Since they foreclosed on the home they are responsible for maintaining it...I hope.

That said, I have a serious problem taking a house for 3 grand in costs and fees. Apparently they never paid their dues, which is only 300 a year. In AZ they can put a lien on the house but not foreclose just for non payment of HOA fees.

I guess with all the judgement and liens I found, including a child support lien for 30 grand, the owner figured he wouldnt see a dime from the sale so let it go.

I can relate to such a huge problem. I just ran out of beer.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    It doesn't have to be but it certainly can be a scam.

There have been a number of HOAs around the country that have come to light when a group of scammers took over. If you have no integrity and plan it right, you can elect a whole replacement board to an HOA, immediately send out a bunch of violations, move them through enforcement as quickly as possible, and start taking people's homes from them before anybody wises up and realizes you need to be voted out.

I know a little about how liens work and the potential for abuse is truly scary in states, like Texas, that don't regulate HOAs closely. I remember a documentary on the subject many years ago that found a number of HOAs that existed solely to steal as many houses in a neighborhood as possible.

If you're seeing an auction where a $300K house sells for $40K to a buyer behind a trust, then you have plenty of reason to be suspicious. If you were present at the auction, tell us what it was like. If you weren't present, I can recite tales of auction shenanigans in cases like this, shenanigans that make the blood boil for any observer with an ounce of goodness in their soul.
    Ya, they started really collecting last year. I've gotta check into this. Ask some questions.

Who's buying, is the lawyer representing both, wheres the money going etc.

The trust and mailing address really piqued my curiosity. Normal investors dont do things that way.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I can relate to such a huge problem. I just ran out of beer.

Hell I just paid CA-level gas prices to put half a tank in the wife’s car and that ran $50+. At Costco.

And that’s despite WTI trading at $110/barrel. At that number gas should still be well under $4/ gallon.

This should tell you something about whether or not current federal policies towards O&G are helping Americans.
    f2550489b35a71ec1d4691b22bf2e3e7.jpg

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    HOA's are bullshit, no way you can change my mind. They only exist to give Karens who couldn't become government minions power over people. If I buy a property - my neighbors should have zero say in what color I paint my house, how long my grass can be, what I can park on my property, how long guests can stay at my property, if I have a flag flying or not, etc. So long as I am abiding by the county, city, and state laws/rules governing property use - they can all piss off.

We got super lucky in that our property is one of three in our hood NOT part of the HOA.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    HOA's are bullshit, no way you can change my mind. They only exist to give Karens who couldn't become government minions power over people. If I buy a property - my neighbors should have zero say in what color I paint my house, how long my grass can be, what I can park on my property, how long guests can stay at my property, if I have a flag flying or not, etc. So long as I am abiding by the county, city, and state laws/rules governing property use - they can all piss off.

We got super lucky in that our property is one of three in our hood NOT part of the HOA.
    Hoa’s in theory could help a like minded community but as you mentioned it usually involves house wives who have contributed nothing and experienced nothing that aren’t going to know when to draw the line.

Flip side is a lot of stupid people feel like doing whatever they want at any hour of the night.

I agree: follow the law. Problem is when folks are too stupid to enforce it.

I have always been somewhere in the middle. Keep government small. Don’t be a disrespectful retard also. Country is just insane.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Hoa’s in theory could help a like minded community but as you mentioned it usually involves house wives who have contributed nothing and experienced nothing that aren’t going to know when to draw the line.

Flip side is a lot of stupid people feel like doing whatever they want at any hour of the night.

I agree: follow the law. Problem is when folks are too stupid to enforce it.

I have always been somewhere in the middle. Keep government small. Don’t be a disrespectful retard also. Country is just insane.

One of the best friends I've made here in Texas was VP of the HOA when we moved. He remained on the board, but stepped down from that VP slot. Another friend of ours got elected to that spot. The HOA is useless as tits on a hog. They charge dues depending on lot size, but the max is hit at 1.5 acres. Those that have 10 (rural community, mind you) pay what someone with 1.5 pays, which is, IIRC $175 a year. Most lots in the front are under 1 acre in size. There's something like 250 homes total in the community. Minimum dues is $90.

They have about 80% of owners current on dues.

Even if *everyone* paid - the annual revenue they get barely covers maintenance. They don't have the cash to even have the street lights turned on in front of people's houses - so the power company says "you want light, you pay for light" to the individual property owners. Supposedly the lights add about $25-30 a month to your bill, less if you have one of the new LED units.

They operate 100% on volunteer labor - and despite not being HOA members, my wife and I volunteer a lot because literally in the two years we've been here, there are six people who have volunteered for any improvement or clean up projects. That's our friend who was VP and his wife, our friend who is current VP and her husband, and our other friends who are good friends with the first two mentioned. Thats it. So my wife and I lend a hand when we can - from clearing brush around the lakes to helping install playground equipment at the park. I got roped into helping paint the damn bathrooms - which the HOA *could* have had done professionally two months ago when they had new siding put on the clubhouse, but elected not to do, then the VP lady changed her mind and decided the bathrooms needed to match.

I wound up painting half the bathroom by myself on a 90+ degree day and saying fuckit, and it stayed half-done until VP lady and her hubs decided to finish it. I had no help in that painting mess and wasn't about to kill myself from heat stroke for their club.

My buddy told me the inside baseball on how many delinquint properties were *years* behind in dues, but the legal fees to go thru the enforcement process are generally way higher than what they'd collect in back dues, so they just throw a lein on the property with the intent to collect if and when the property sells.

There's a house at the front of the neighborhood - one of the very first ones you see - hoarders live there, and their house is in bad disrepair. Neighbors have offered - for free - to help him clean the place up. Guy refuses, always has an excuse about liability or not wanting stuff stolen. HOA does nada but send him letters. He probably is negatively effecting property values of those around him, but ohwell. Keeps the damn tax rate down!

If an HOA *has* the money to enforce their bylaws and keep things in really nice condition, they're probably stroking people for a thousand bucks a year or more in HOA dues.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Busy rookies
    Top Bottom