• ...and so much more!
  • Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    The Redwings I own now are by far the best quality and most comfortable boots I have ever owned.

The are really hiking boots but have steel toes.

Keep in mind I don't do pull ons or cowboy style boots at all so take it for what it's worth.
    Texas SOT

fishingsetx

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2015
    I only have 1 pair of square toed boots, they are top of the line Justin's, they even have reflectors in the soles. They are comfortable but they're very hot and very heavy at the end of the day. My favorite boots are Ariat WorkHogz, much lighter and cooler than most work boots. But last time I went to get new ones all they had was square toe and I went with something else. I really hope they didn't stop making the round toes.
    Yea, I havent tried the workhogz. Its hard to get away from my justins when ive been wearing the same ones for so long. Mine arent hot at all. Same style and size for over 15 years. They are the 8" lace up gouchos (style 440). The lady at the boot place told me last time that they had discontinued that style, but justin still has them on their website so i really hope she was wrong. My dress boots are ariat and they arent nearly as comfortable even though they were quite a bit more than what I pay for my work boots and they are hot to me. I think it has more to do with foot shape and the way you walk than anything else. Some guys out here swear by redwing, but I absolutely hate them.

Guns have only two enemies: rust and politicians!

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I wound up going with the Ariats. I can't do slip ons for work boots, so I got the box toe lace ups. Personally, I don't like the normal toe boots. I used to think I just wasn't a fan of boots in general until I tried my first pair of red wing box toes. I would get them again, but I can't track down the boot truck I got them from. Anyways, those boots set the standard for all my future boot purchases which made things hard because I simply haven't found any boots that compare for like 4 years...until yesterday. Not just one, but two brands! I wound up going with the Ariat because I hear a ton of good about their comfortability, and they look like they will be a little cooler to wear (those padded red wings did get warm and stinky).

I applied mink oil, which is a first for me. So we'll see how that works, but I can say these are the most comfortable sole I've experienced in non-military boots. When I was comparing the Ariats to the Justin's, one thing I noticed was the Justin's had your standard flat sole, and the Ariats had a convex sole. I was initially worried about them walking funny, but I see now that it works like a real nice cushion. One thing I especially like is these are starting out as the most comfortable break in (if that makes sense) I've ever experienced. I wear ankle socks so I REALLY feel it when I break in my boots, but these aren't bad at all. I don't know if it's the two coats of mink oil, or the type of leather they use, but I bought them tight and I'm doing pretty good.

So yea, nothing against the Justins, but for all the people who were concerned about the lace up Ariats based on their dress slip one - we're off to a good start.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Local TV Weather casters are losing their minds.
    WE ALL GONNA DIE!

Oh FFS. Take a pill and lay down.

Latest tracks show Harvey going in around Port A.
    Then more into central Texas.

I just drove down to Surfside. The channel 2 news van was already there.

fishingsetx

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2015
    WE ALL GONNA DIE!

Question is, where is Jim Cantori?

Guns have only two enemies: rust and politicians!

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    WE ALL GONNA DIE!

Batten down the hatches, Tony...

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    04e4e634cbabe23fbb139efddf425c45.jpg

Top Bottom