• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    So, I'm guessing she was at the wrong house.

Lol, she was at the right house. Code enforcement was playing an idiot. Reported one my cars didn't move. Must be abandoned. The thing with 48 hour notices and abandoned cars. If it moves it's not abandoned. She suggested moving five feet either direction. I did one better. I parked it the opposite direction it was sitting. Marked the position of the car with a couple Chevy orange spray paint marks. If the vehicle is moved, it's good to go.( the city and/or the traffic code doesn't specify how much it has to be moved or to where it has to be moved). For all code enforcement knows, I just moved it. If code enforcement keeps deciding to agitate the situation. Ill move it 5 feet back and forth, every 45 hours.

He can stake out my house. Make sure it's moved for the safety of the children and Nuns.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Lol, she was at the right house. Code enforcement was playing an idiot. Reported one my cars didn't move. Must be abandoned. The thing with 48 hour notices and abandoned cars. If it moves it's not abandoned. She suggested moving five feet either direction. I did one better. I parked it the opposite direction it was sitting. Marked the position of the car with a couple Chevy orange spray paint marks. If the vehicle is moved, it's good to go.( the city and/or the traffic code doesn't specify how much it has to be moved or to where it has to be moved). For all code enforcement knows, I just moved it. If code enforcement keeps deciding to agitate the situation. Ill move it 5 feet back and forth, every 45 hours.

He can stake out my house. Make sure it's moved for the safety of the children and Nuns.
    This makes me so much want to move to the city....... pffft!

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW

The code enforcement crew in my town must have my house on a list:

Tree limbs hanging too low. (at least eight times now, so I just wait till I get the letter to trim them)

Boat trailer parked with one tire on grass next to driveway. Twice. The second time I took pics of the pavers "in the grass" to show I was eligible to park it there. City attorney says, "geez, these people are like the gestapo..."

Abandoned car-daughter was on a missions trip to Europe, and it did sit for almost a month without being moved. So I moved it back and forth across the street once a week. Funny, because they were marking it.

Abandoned car - Wife demanded a new car, so we parked her old one on the street. Its our hunting/fishing vehicle, so I did the musical cars with this one too. Then moved it into the driveway when I got rid of my boat. (yay! no more boat!!)

Trash cans left on curb after trash day. I was on a two week vacation.

Fence down-big storm blew it over, and I was waiting on insurance to get that squared away. City attorney sided with me again. I think we are now on each others Christmas card list.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    The code enforcement crew in my town must have my house on a list:

Tree limbs hanging too low. (at least eight times now, so I just wait till I get the letter to trim them)

Boat trailer parked with one tire on grass next to driveway. Twice. The second time I took pics of the pavers "in the grass" to show I was eligible to park it there. City attorney says, "geez, these people are like the gestapo..."

Abandoned car-daughter was on a missions trip to Europe, and it did sit for almost a month without being moved. So I moved it back and forth across the street once a week. Funny, because they were marking it.

Abandoned car - Wife demanded a new car, so we parked her old one on the street. Its our hunting/fishing vehicle, so I did the musical cars with this one too. Then moved it into the driveway when I got rid of my boat. (yay! no more boat!!)

Trash cans left on curb after trash day. I was on a two week vacation.

Fence down-big storm blew it over, and I was waiting on insurance to get that squared away. City attorney sided with me again. I think we are now on each others Christmas card list.

They're not that bad around here. They usually drive a two door Chevy truck with a city sticker on the door. Has, "Caution makes frequent stops" along the bottom of the tail gate. Glorified metermaids with no administrative powers. They find a code violation and have call the police to enforce it.

It's similar to a bunch of city hired snitches driving around town with nothing better to do. The police officer was irritated she got called out for a parked car. Made the comment, "They couldn't call me for a burglary?", "You can move it 5 feet". She told me she'd notify dispatch I was given a 48 notice and cleared the call to go do something productive.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Glorified metermaids with no administrative powers. They find a code violation and have call the police to enforce it.
    If someone is paid to drive around and find violations, then they'll find violations. Paying someone to do that is an invitation to idiotic reports of noncompliance. The person doing that job must find something or else they're out of a job.

No, where "code enforcement officers" exist, I won't live.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    If someone is paid to drive around and find violations, then they'll find violations. Paying someone to do that is an invitation to idiotic reports of noncompliance. The person doing that job must find something or else they're out of a job.

No, where "code enforcement officers" exist, I won't live.

Most incorporated cities have code enforcement. City ordinances. Only the local police enforce it. You won't see highway patrol telling you not to burn trash in barrel.

Every city around here has code enforcement. Temple, Belton, Killeen, Harker Heights, copperas cove. Outside city limits, you don't have city ordinances. No metermaids.

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas

You're just a trouble maker

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    3fcbc0836f5165374aecaeaeba5925c7.gif

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Code enforcement where I live is done by walking over to the neighbors house and arguing about it.

The neighbors aren't real close so the effort required to bitch reduces the total number of complaints worth. Itching about.

Sheriff stopped by to talk to my dad once. Wanted to give him a heads up that the guy across the road had reported him for littering after a storm blew the trash cans over...in case the guy ever needed to borrow the tractor or something.

They laughed, sheriff left. Karmas a bitch.

Top Bottom