• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Does anyone know anything about "Oath Keepers"? I believe that they were on the O'Riley Factor the other night.
    Their website, oathkeepers.org has some interesting info but tonight was the first time I ever heard of them...
    Anyone have any inisight???
    Gun Zone Deals

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    Its a group of people that are either military, LE or former military, LE that have sworn to uphold the oath that we took when we enlisted or joined a LE agency. Basically they are saying that if the order came down to do house to house seizers or attack the people we will refuse to follow those orders.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Its a group of people that are either military, LE or former military, LE that have sworn to uphold the oath that we took when we enlisted or joined a LE agency. Basically they are saying that if the order came down to do house to house seizers or attack the people we will refuse to follow those orders.
    Yes, I read that on their site...
    I was wondering if anyone knew anything about the group, beyond what is posted on their site. I didn't know if someone had any real indepth knowledge or experience that they would be able to share

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    My oath of enlistment was about protecting the Constitution. I was never released from that oath.

I guess this is why I don't take the Oath Keepers seriously. When you enlist, you take an oath. That doesn't change because the people above you don't follow their oath.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    I guess this is why I don't take the Oath Keepers seriously. When you enlist, you take an oath. That doesn't change because the people above you don't follow their oath.
    Please explain....you lost me. It appears Harley and you are saying the exact same thing. WHy does this make you not take Oathkeepers seriously?

deputy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    TX
    The Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) seems to have labeled the oath keepers as a right wing patriot group that bears watching.........
    here is a link to one article on their site but they are mentioned in several places on SPLC as supporting some theories about concentration camps and such.

about half-way down the article under a paragraph heading called "swearing at the government.".

The Second Wave | Southern Poverty Law Center

i would study this group very carefully before i commit my name to a database.............
    it may be legit..........it may be a trojan horse.

many LEO admin might view joining as a red flag with such analysis from SPLC.
    from the article.....
    The group does seem to be on the radar of federal law enforcement officers. In May, a member complained on the group's website of a visit to his farm by FBI agents who asked him, he said, about training he provides in firearms, survival skills and the like.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    The Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) seems to have labeled the oath keepers as a right wing patriot group that bears watching.........
    here is a link to one article on their site but they are mentioned in several places on SPLC as supporting some theories about concentration camps and such.

about half-way down the article under a paragraph heading called "swearing at the government.".

The Second Wave | Southern Poverty Law Center

i would study this group very carefully before i commit my name to a database.............
    it may be legit..........it may be a trojan horse.

many LEO admin might view joining as a red flag with such analysis from SPLC.

I am LEO Admin and I wouldnt listen to a word the SPLC says about anything, absolutely nothing.....but I understand the warning about putting your name on a list.

deputy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    TX
    very good.

it seems the SPLC does have the ear of the feds. I do not know if that extends to the State and to TCLEOSE.

jimbo

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    north richland hills, texas
    Thank you Harley Rider for this quote "My oath of enlistment was about protecting the Constitution. I was never released from that oath."

That is absolutely my belief. I was discharged from active duty but my dedication to my country and constitution remains the same!!!!!!!!!!
    It's hard to believe that a lot of our citizens have lost their patriotism and some have forgotten 9-11. It doesn't help when we have govt officials attempting to take away our rights as a free nation.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Please explain....you lost me. It appears Harley and you are saying the exact same thing. WHy does this make you not take Oathkeepers seriously?

I went on the Oath Keeper site. I like what they say, but I think I think every serviceman who signs up makes that decision then. That is a very serious decision. I guess I just don't see the need to have a group that basically says they'll do what they've already sworn to do. It isn't a bad thing to re-state that. Maybe hint to the people in charge that they only have powers that they have been given by the people.

Not really a bad thing, but it shouldn't neccessary.

As a disclaimer, I'm not an LEO or military.

As an aside, what kind of oath do LEO's take?

dadoo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    I must say, I only took that oath when I joined the military because I ALREADY believed it. Joining didn't make that oath any more real, nor did discharge (more that 30 years ago) diminish my determination.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    I went on the Oath Keeper site. I like what they say, but I think I think every serviceman who signs up makes that decision then. That is a very serious decision. I guess I just don't see the need to have a group that basically says they'll do what they've already sworn to do. It isn't a bad thing to re-state that. Maybe hint to the people in charge that they only have powers that they have been given by the people.

Not really a bad thing, but it shouldn't neccessary.

As a disclaimer, I'm not an LEO or military.

As an aside, what kind of oath do LEO's take?

I think the idea is that our federal govt has already demonstrated that they will order LEO and military to do things that are unconstitutional and/or immoral/illegal (i.e. Hurricane Katrina, Ruby Ridge, Waco...etc) this is not an endoresment of David Koresh!!!

As far as our oath:
    "I, _______________, do solemnly sweear that I will faithfully execute the duties of the office of Police Officer for the City of ___________, and will to the best of my abilities, preserve, protect and defend the constitution of the United States and of the State of Texas, and enforce the ordinances of the City of ______________ and I further solemnly swear that I have not directly or indirectly paid, offered or promised to pay, contributed, nor promised to contribute any money or valueable thing, or promised any public office or employment as a reward to secure my appointment or the confimation thereof, so help me God."

Harley Rider 55

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    I think the idea is that our federal govt has already demonstrated that they will order LEO and military to do things that are unconstitutional and/or immoral/illegal (i.e. Hurricane Katrina, Ruby Ridge, Waco...etc) this is not an endoresment of David Koresh!!!

As far as our oath:
    "I, _______________, do solemnly sweear that I will faithfully execute the duties of the office of Police Officer for the City of ___________, and will to the best of my abilities, preserve, protect and defend the constitution of the United States and of the State of Texas, and enforce the ordinances of the City of ______________ and I further solemnly swear that I have not directly or indirectly paid, offered or promised to pay, contributed, nor promised to contribute any money or valueable thing, or promised any public office or employment as a reward to secure my appointment or the confimation thereof, so help me God."

Those were small scale incidents. Large scale? The government will NOT trifle with 2.5 million veterans.

Top Bottom