• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rodbender

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Elgin, Texas
    If you were not up for an Art.V convention before; Are you now ready for one?

I know, I know, we must wait to see if the "Republicans" repeal and replace it first (PURE HOGWASH). If they do not repeal it, or they replace it with something just as bad or worse, what will your reasoning be then?

Even if they replace it with something that drives down the cost of health care, we will still have the ruling that the feds can say, "You must buy (insert any product or service here) or be taxed".

The next time we have a libtard congress and a libtard president, will they tell us that we must get 50% of the electricity to power our homes and businesses from solar or wind (or any other "green" source) or be taxed? Will they say that there is a $5000 tax on each firearm purchase, or $1000 per year for each firearm you own? Congress could apply this to ANYTHING.

This needs to stop now. The rollercoaster is getting steeper and very soon the legal avenues will not be enough to stop it.

I do not want this to become a shooting revolution, but the peasants are getting very restless.

We need an Article V convention now!!! This is one of very few legal avenues we have to turn this ship we call America around. It's quite obvious that the courts are in as deep as the other two branches of government are.

If you are happy with the Constitutional oversteps that you like, you will also have to live with the Constitutional oversteps that you do not like.

Otherwise, the Republic is lost and the Constitution is dead.
    If you have a better idea, let's hear it.

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    One of the worst things about this for me and other Disabled Vets is that we are required to pay for and keep medicare parts A and B or we lose our Tricare insurance and our VA insurance. With this plan the Feds are going to drop our medicare because most of us recieve VA compensation that more than the 19k a year cap to keep medicare. So if we lose the medicare we in turn lose Tricare and VA health care programs. And i have already called Tricare and the VA to ask before i made this post. I was told regardless of the reason if I no longer carry medicare i will lose those plans as well.

Whiskey_Rocka_Rolla

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Houston
    I think it's pretty safe to say, at this point, we're totally screwed, in damn near every way. Romney or Obama are our two choices for President. Two men of differing political parties, but pretty much the same stance on nearly every major issue (and Romney is a flip flopper, even more so than Obama)....I'll vote for Romney ONLY because he (nor his family members), have yet to openly express their disgust for fundamental American principles....but that is about it....I was seriously considering not even showing up on election day...but I guess getting Obama the F out is a good enough reason too.....Once we get Romney, we'll deal with all the problems associated with him as they come...

macshooter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2012
    EL Chuco
    I thought a lot about this over the last 24 hrs. When I first heard about it, I just could not believe what Roberts had done. I thought there must be some strategy behind it. The idea the he would betray us all at the last minute was just too much to accept.

No matter what the reason, Roberts did HUGE damage to the Constitution this week. He has set a precedent that the govt can fine/tax you for not buying something it wants to force you to buy. What's more, after listening to a variety of sources it's not clear that any real limit was put on the commerce clause. What's even more, is our country is becoming increasingly lawless to the point where future justices might just ignore precedent and the constitution and rule any damn way they want to for whatever reason. I know at least 4 justices on the court now would do that, if they could get away with it. And soon enough they might just be able to.

I'm not looking for the silver lining anymore, what Roberts did was disgraceful and he should step down. I will never think of the supreme court the same way again. They are destroying the constitution and rule of law, not upholding it.

One thing is for sure, we have to win this next election in the white house, the senate, and the house, and we have to repeal obama care. If we don't do that, it's over, this county is done.

For all of you that don't want to vote for Romney because he's just like obama, or whatever, and are going to stay home, or throw your vote away on some third party candidate, you are no different to me than those who are trying to destroy the country. You think you are so damn smart because you woke up one day and realized politicians on both sides are out to screw us? NO SHIT GENIUS, welcome to the real world. But instead of doing what you can with what you have to work with, you want to sit around and pout while the country goes down the sh*tter, because you are mad you didn't get your perfect candidate. Well grow the f*ck up. Neither did I or a lot of other people and we are all pissed. It disgusts me that Romney is the nominee, but that's the way it is. Like it or not, voting for him is the only chance we have to save this county. It's a sh*t sandwich and everyone has to take a bite. Do your part and go vote obama out!

I don't have much else to say.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I reluctantly agree that we can't chance Obama winning by voting 3rd party.

Difference is, what REALLY pisses me off are the lazy bags of shiz that didn't vote in the primaries, and those that actually voted for Romney in the primaries. Their entitled to their choices, but their choices are eff'ing us just as bad as the Supreme Court did.

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    I'm to the point now that I pretty much no longer care about the nation. It's dead. Irrevocably, and irretrievably dead and lost. The constitution has been trampled beyond repair, and the fed is so bloated they will never be reigned in. Unless the Tea Party wins a super majority and the White house consecutively for the next several decades, we're toast. I will vote for republicans over democrats for any national election until further notice. State & Local, I will vote for the strongest State's Rights Right Leaning Ultra conservative that I can find. It is my fervent hope that my State survives and continues to prosper. I hope and pray for secession or any other scenario in which our great state tells the Feds in DC to piss off.

236 years. It was a good run.
    [URL="http://
    constitution.jpg
    [/URL]

okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    I've got friends that are all excited about this crap. I could just hang my head and cry when I see blissful ignorance prancing around over something so detrimental. We do need a change in how our healthcare system works, but forcing people to purchase it or have the IRS knock on your door if your don't, is not the way to do it. I heard one of my "friends" say "More great change is coming!"

The biggest offenders, at our two local hospitals, are undocumented Hispanics with 4-6 kids each. Hospitals must treat and this group of individuals are not on any tax rolls so the IRS cannot come looking for them if they do not purchase health insurance.

Whiskey_Rocka_Rolla

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Houston
    I reluctantly agree that we can't chance Obama winning by voting 3rd party.

Difference is, what REALLY pisses me off are the lazy bags of shiz that didn't vote in the primaries, and those that actually voted for Romney in the primaries. Their entitled to their choices, but their choices are eff'ing us just as bad as the Supreme Court did.

Yeah I vote for Paul in the primaries...I was shocked to find out Romney won TX by a landslide. Makes me wonder just how authentic the ballots are in this state because how many Ron Paul bumper stickers do you see around Houston? And how many Mitt Romney? Yep....none

And this Obama "Care" has people so pissed off, I've never seen the nation so pissed over any piece of legislation, not even NDAA. This Obama "Care" is a modern day tea tax. I don't see the United States staying "United" for much longer, I'm waiting for something to pop off either directly or indirectly, as a result of this. Also, GOA seems to think this law could seriously restrict the 2nd Amendment by basically eliminating Dr/Patient confidentiality, and releasing all your private medical/psychiatric records, over to the fed....such as vets with PTSD, and this has been used to deny the right to bear arms in recent months, as if it is a privilege or something.

I'm not just saying this cause I like guns, but I think that one of their top priorities is disarming the public. They know they can't get the 2nd Amendment taken off the Bill of Rights, so they are trying to find any way around it that they can, little by little, until they have all the guns out of Americans' hands. Of course, that will never happen, not in their wildest dreams, they are just gonna create a catastrophe.

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    Obamacare as it exists now it is doomed to financial failure, and will eventually collapse under the financial burden. As the federal government "tweaks" Obamacare, they will make a bad situation worse, just as they have screwed up everything else they've ever created: Income tax, social security, etc.

One method I will use to not only protest Obamacare but to also help speed its eventual collapse will be to abuse the system. I plan on using their own system against them, and to that end I intend to be treated constantly for every little symptom I can come up with, forcing the government to pay exorbitant amounts of money to treat my health "problems." I encourage anyone else out there who opposes Obamacare to do the same. Spread the word.

macshooter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2012
    EL Chuco
    Obamacare as it exists now it is doomed to financial failure, and will eventually collapse under the financial burden. As the federal government "tweaks" Obamacare, they will make a bad situation worse, just as they have screwed up everything else they've ever created: Income tax, social security, etc.

One method I will use to not only protest Obamacare but to also help speed its eventual collapse will be to abuse the system. I plan on using their own system against them, and to that end I intend to be treated constantly for every little symptom I can come up with, forcing the government to pay exorbitant amounts of money to treat my health "problems." I encourage anyone else out there who opposes Obamacare to do the same. Spread the word.

I can appreciate the goal, the problem is doctors are going to be swamped as it is. If you do that, you'll make someone else who really needs help have to wait that much longer. The other thing is as things get worse and good doctors retire or quit to open doughnut shops or whatever, it's going to get dangerous in clinics and hospitals. I live next to the border, and I had a bike wreck a couple years ago and spent a week in the hospital. That was scary. I had road rash bad on my arm and it was getting infected after days, I kept asking the staff to wash my arm, and they said "Ok Mr. Mac, we'll be sending someone in soon to take care of that for you ok?" Problem is they never came. The doctor even came in after two days and looked at my arm and said, wow that's getting infected. I said yeah I've been asking the nurse to wash it for me for 2 days. He said really? Don't worry I'll take care of this for you. Then he left and I didn't see him again. Funny thing I could hear the staff laughing and chatting each other up somewhere down the hall for hours a day. I finally had to get up out of bed with an IV in my arm and wash it out myself in the sink. That's how things are on the border. Just wait till that place gets really busy under obama care, it will be a nightmare. You'll be better off doing field medicine on yourself at home.

They just opened up a funeral parlor right next to the place. Good call.

Better not get really sick in the next 10-20 years...

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    I can appreciate the goal, the problem is doctors are going to be swamped as it is. If you do that, you'll make someone else who really needs help have to wait that much longer.

To quote Dennis Prager, "We in America are in a non-violent civil war." I agree with him wholeheartedly, and to that end in any civil war people die. In our non-violent civil war, if my way of protesting the system/fighting the system ends up costing lives because of time delays and cost issues within the health care system then so be it. Are we now so p***y-whipped as a nation (no insult intended to macshooter) that we will just sit back and let anything happen, incurring no costs on ourselves? Our Founding Fathers risked everything--their lives and their fortunes--to fight the British crown and built a new nation out of it. We are facing greater tyranny today than our Founders, and if we aren't even willing to protest via non-violent means then the game is over...our nation as founded is truly dead.

macshooter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2012
    EL Chuco
    To quote Dennis Prager, "We in America are in a non-violent civil war." I agree with him wholeheartedly, and to that end in any civil war people die. In our non-violent civil war, if my way of protesting the system/fighting the system ends up costing lives because of time delays and cost issues then so be it. Are we now so p***y-whipped as a nation (no insult intended to macshooter) that we will just sit back and let anything happen, incurring no costs on ourselves? Our Founding Fathers risked everything--their lives and their fortunes--to fight the British crown and built a new nation out of it. We are facing greater tyranny today than our Founders, and if we aren't even willing to protest via non-violent means then the game is over...our nation as founded is truly dead.

None taken. I get your frustration. The things people are putting up with now (and still call themselves free Americans) just blows my mind, particularly what's going on the airports with the TSA. I want to slap them (both TSA and those that put up with it.) But I don't think the Dr. office is the place to fight a revolution. LOL If you feel that way just keep your powder dry. As things get worse and worse soon enough you'll have a real revolution. Then you can fight for real. (not in a waiting room...) Besides those people in the clinics and hospitals aren't doing anything to you. They are in the same boat as you i and everyone else. Save it for those who deserve it, if it ever comes to that.

macshooter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2012
    EL Chuco
    I think a lot of people are fit to be tied right now. I hope that translates into a serious ass-beating for the left in Nov, the likes of which they have never seen. I'm gonna have to try hard not to fuckup the poll machine when I vote.

Mr. Bojangles

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Humble
    To quote Dennis Prager

Another DP fan. One of the greatest consevative minds in the world today.

I'm a little more libertarian than he is though and have to agree about the RP vote in Texas. What really pisses me off is all the idiots I work with who will talk shit about Obama, but don't vote and had no idea this was even being ruled on by the SCOTUS Thursday. The un-informed/un-involved people in this country will be the death of us. One day they will wake up and wonder WTF happened while their fucking head was in the sand.

I know this is rediculous, and would never happen, but it makes me want the Republicans to pass a rediculous bill like this one mandating every household own fifteen firearms or face a tax of $50k just to piss off the liberals. They could claim it's in the best interst of homeland security. ;)

Whiskey_Rocka_Rolla

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Houston
    Yeah, I just read a conversation thread on Facebook, where one guy posted article after article, with compelling financial facts, compelling reasons why Obama "Care" will be a massive burden on the USA for decades to come, this one girl chimed in with this very intelligent comment:

"No offense, but were your children's births paid for using private insurance? Mine wasn't. I am beyond grateful his birth and his Nicu stay were covered by a program people love2 bash, a govt program. That access to healthcare saved his life."

So your son was born with funding from Obamacare? A program that's been in effect for 2 days? I highly doubt that. And also, you can tell this is written by someone who obviously has no clue what they are talking about. I mean, sure it's great your son is alive and all, I'm glad to hear that, but does that mean that the entire world is forever in debted to the government, and that we should agree to spend our money however they see fit? Because YOUR son was treated under a government program?

It's like, "ok, since you guilt tripped me, I completely change my stance".....

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Yeah, I just read a conversation thread on Facebook, where one guy posted article after article, with compelling financial facts, compelling reasons why Obama "Care" will be a massive burden on the USA for decades to come, this one girl chimed in with this very intelligent comment:

"No offense, but were your children's births paid for using private insurance? Mine wasn't. I am beyond grateful his birth and his Nicu stay were covered by a program people love2 bash, a govt program. That access to healthcare saved his life."

So your son was born with funding from Obamacare? A program that's been in effect for 2 days? I highly doubt that. And also, you can tell this is written by someone who obviously has no clue what they are talking about. I mean, sure it's great your son is alive and all, I'm glad to hear that, but does that mean that the entire world is forever in debted to the government, and that we should agree to spend our money however they see fit? Because YOUR son was treated under a government program?

It's like, "ok, since you guilt tripped me, I completely change my stance".....

Hahaha, perfectly stated. My life depends on a Government program, SSI and Medicaid(don't ask, lets just say I should have died at 12 and died 4 times since) and even I would rather die(stay dead) by not having access to free(to me) medical assistance or being able to afford insurance, than have to see what this is going to do to my country. She's clearly ignorant to the effects this will have, and fails to realize that one government program saved her son's life, but the other will help to make the quality of that life, and millions of other's, lessened. For the record, I AM a natural born citizen behind many generations and a tax payer, so before anyone has something ignorant to say about my needing this assistance, know that I NEED it and know that I appreciate everyone one of you that puts in to the system, what helps to keep me alive. I DO give back. God bless.

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    236 years. It was a good run.

I agree with that completely. IMO, it's a matter of time now till the country collapses. Could be 50 years, may be 300 years, but the end is inevitable. No country, kingdom, whatever, lives forever. It was a great run, a great try at freedom.

None taken. I get your frustration. The things people are putting up with now (and still call themselves free Americans) just blows my mind, particularly what's going on the airports with the TSA. I want to slap them (both TSA and those that put up with it.) But I don't think the Dr. office is the place to fight a revolution. LOL If you feel that way just keep your powder dry. As things get worse and worse soon enough you'll have a real revolution. Then you can fight for real. (not in a waiting room...) Besides those people in the clinics and hospitals aren't doing anything to you. They are in the same boat as you i and everyone else. Save it for those who deserve it, if it ever comes to that.

Thanks, I was hoping it wouldn't be taken the wrong way. What amazes me the most about this Obamacare ruling is how few people seem to understand its implications. We here on TGT are gun owners, and if any of you think a future Congress with the anti-gun/anti-2nd Amendment types like Pelosi, Boxer, or Hillary Clinton won't use this Supreme Court ruling as a legal precedent to take your guns away you've got another think coming.

How I see it playing out is this. Congress and/or the President will tell American gun owners, "Nobody is infringing on your 2nd Amendment rights to own guns, all we're saying is that because of our new legislation we require all gun owners to pay a tax of $1,000 per firearm per year per household. If you don't pay the tax, your guns will be confiscated according to the legislation." How many people here could fork over $1,000, $500, or even $100 per firearm per year if such a tax were imposed? With the Supreme Court ruling on this healthcare bill as the legal precedent, nothing will stop future Presidents and Congresses from imposing anything they want on Americans. Think about it, everybody.

Another DP fan. One of the greatest consevative minds in the world today. I'm a little more libertarian than he is though and have to agree about the RP vote in Texas.

Very cool, glad to hear it! I'm the same as you, I'm definitely more of a social libertarian than Prager is, but he's still the best conservative political commentator there is. :patriot:

Top Bottom