• ...and so much more!
  • locke_n_load

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    Letter I wrote to Walmart via their website:

I was recently shopping at Walmart, located at 12312 Will Clayton Parkway, Humble, TX. My father and I were legally open carrying our handguns per state law in your store. A store manager came up to us and told us that since they sold alcohol in the store, that we had to cover up and conceal our handguns and conceal them per TABC code. He told us that he had a memo describing this and that a TABC officer had informed him. I explained that the information he was given was incorrect, that Walmart cannot knowingly allow the unlicensed possession of a firearm on the premise due to alcohol sales, however, there is nothing in the TABC or Texas Penal code that states that open carry is prohibited by license holders at locations that sell alcohol for off-premise consumption. This information is also reiterated by the blue signs on the front of this store and other grocery stores that sell alcohol that state: "The unlicensed possession of a weapon on these premises is a felony with a maximum penalty of 10 years imprisonment and a fine not to exceed $10,000." He then stated that he had to go by his memo and the TABC officer's statement and asked us to conceal our handguns. We obliged him since we were ready to check out. This was the first time I had ever had a problem with the carry of my handgun at a Walmart, and I have carried at many different Walmarts in my area. I would just like to say that until this problem/misinformation is corrected, I, and my family (immediate and extended), will not shopping at Walmart. Thank you.

hacker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2016
    The gun nuts really don't have a clue do they? i think these anti gun tards just make up crap.

Fernando_Sucre

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2016
    Fox River
    Filing a complaint with corporate is the right way to handle this. Don't try to argue with the store managers. Corporate will quickly bring them in line.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    If you have a name, call the store director, tell them what happened. Then get the contact info for the market manager and regional market manager and tell them. Ask for a copy of the memo and the name of the TABC officer as well to file a complaint with TABC. I'm betting they can't produce either. They don't like complaints going higher up. Especially about openly lieing to people.

sent from an idgit coffeeholic

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Eventually WalMart is going to get tired of being told how to run their store, and just put up 30.06/07 signs.

RACER X

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2013
    Richmond/Houston
    In short

They have the right to ask

Gun carrier has the right to deny

Store mgr can ask you to leave

Easy peasy

sent from the batcloset in the batcave on the batphone

locke_n_load

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    I expect them to be like most other large chain stores in Texas (which have not had a problem) - comply with state law and leave shoppers to make their own choices as far as carrying. If I do not get resolution via their corporate email, I will contact the store manager and ask for the memo and TABC officer's information. If I don't get what I need there, I will go up the line.
    I would have actually preferred to be asked for my license rather than cover up.

I agree with jrb here, and I expect Walmart and their managers to forget about OC over time rather than post signage.

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    Judging by the 15 a day ticklers I am getting from 3006.com I'd proffer they are far more likely to post.

EDIT: recent stats on postings on 3006.com
    From 10-01-2015 to 10-31-2015: 28 new entries that are 30.06, 30.07, or both
    From 11-01-2015 to 11-30-2015: 25 new entries that are 30.06, 30.07, or both
    From 12-01-2015 to 12-31-2015: 218 new entries that are 30.06, 30.07, or both
    From 1-01-2016 to 1-31-2016: 1,993 new entries that are 30.06, 30.07, or both.

Rant on:
    Frankly I don't understand the fascination with Walmart to begin with. Its just a store and a crappy one at that. I challenge anyone to find $50 of nonperishable items made in the US anywhere on the premises. When Sam died, the family sold their sold to the Devil, er China to make more money.
    Rant off:

Last edited:

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Letter I wrote to Walmart via their website:

Thank you for handling this respectfully and not whipping out a cell phone for your YouTube fame. Seriously - appreciated.

And, please follow up as others have stated. We've got to nip this in the bud (because I shop at that WalMart sometimes, too).

Fernando_Sucre

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2016
    Fox River
    Judging by the 15 a day ticklers I am getting from 3006.com I'd proffer they are far more likely to post.

Rant on:
    Frankly I don't understand the fascination with Walmart to begin with. Its just a store and a crappy one at that. I challenge anyone to find $50 of nonperishable items made in the US anywhere on the premises. When Sam died, the family sold their sold to the Devil, er China to make more money.
    Rant off:

My fascination is lower prices. Whether or not it's made in America doesn't bother me. It could be made in Afghanistan for all I care, as long as it works like it's supposed to.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    The excuse he used was before Licensed Handgun OC became legal and folks were OCing long rifles and shotguns.
    Your statement adds credence to the statement that the OCT types OCing AKs and such are adding to the number of signs getting posted.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Eventually WalMart is going to get tired of being told how to run their store, and just put up 30.06/07 signs.

Yup. Its a mater of time. All of those managers are reporting in with their run-ins and bet you that soccer mommies are doing the same if they can catch someone. Hope they don't since I'd hate to see such a giant supplier that has continued to sell ammo and guns despite all of the efforts from the antis and the Banana Administration.

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    People have been open carrying at walmarts in New Mexico for the past 25 years with no drama. This is a Texas thing. Too many Californians and New Yorkers here in Texas.

EscapedFromNY

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2013
    Central Texas
    People have been open carrying at walmarts in New Mexico for the past 25 years with no drama. This is a Texas thing. Too many Californians and New Yorkers here in Texas.
    Hey now! Some of us left NY so our conservative votes could count for something.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Another shopping trip to WalMart tonight and I still can't get hassled by anyone. What good is this OC crap if nobody is going to help me up my Youtube hits? :)

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Hey now! Some of us left NY so our conservative votes could count for something.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
    Do you support open carry? Do you support constitutional carry? Do you think there should be limits on your rights to protect bed wetting yankee's feelings? Do you think criminals care about laws?

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009

I get those too. Of course the thing is, I've never even heard of most of the places, much less ever considered going in there. Either that or it is just an update for a company that we all knew to be anti-gun anyway and they just decided to add a 30.07 sign or finally post proper signage.

I've had only 2 places I used to frequent post since Jan 1. One was HEB, the other was my former bank after they got robbed and decided that a no guns policy would have somehow made things better.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Thaskinny1
    Top Bottom