• Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    They seem to have it figured out in corpus. If it doesn't work don't use it. 12-3AM is different than 5-8AM.

Not everywhere has the problems that are solved by "insurance checkpoints". It works when you have areas where a higher amount of cars aren't registered, don't have insurance, and don't have insured/licensed/American drivers.

So you are ok with violating constitutional rights so long as it benefits you?
    DK Firearms

Recoil45

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2014
    Police now have LPR that can scan plates in real time and report registration and inspection violations immediately. Claiming 3 mile long checkpoints are for inspection checks really can't fly much longer..

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    So you are ok with violating constitutional rights so long as it benefits you?
    It doesn't effect my rights. Not my families or friends either.

As I said earlier, they do them around the time the bars let out and put them in low income neighborhoods. Sucks to be poor. Sucks worse when you came here illegally to exploit our system.

Honestly they make me feel safer. That's what the govs job is. Protect my rights and my property. They're doing it with the checkpoints. They're not doing it with the NSA, they're neutering the border patrol, they're spending money on dumber stuff. They probably don't work everywhere but I like ours here.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    Come on guys. It's all good fun and I got yall all fired up. It's true that they only do them in the poor parts of town.

If we could get rid of 75% of our government but keep these checkpoints I'd go for it. I'd even deal them down to 50%.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    They came for the poor, but I wasn't poor. So I said nothing.
    You know the rest.

Recoil45

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2014
    No disrespect meant, I know your one of the long time regulars here... But these check points are near equal to NYC's stop and frisk program where people who did nothing other than be out in public late at night in a high crime area are stopped questioned and checked for weapons. I don't care how effective it is, how poor the people are, or how dark their skin is, it's wrong.

Last edited:

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    No disrespect meant, I know your one of the long time regulars here... But these check points are near equal to NYC's stop and frisk program where people who did nothing other than be out in public late at night in a high crime area are stopped questioned and checked for weapons. I don't care how effective it is, how poor the people are, or how dark there skin is, it's wrong.
    Are you sure?

just kidding. I was making a sarcastic point that these are stupid. Yall have seen my other posts right? I make jokes about women being crazy or driving. Those are about as serious as I get.

I dont own guns either.

Top Bottom