• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mike D Texas

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Parker County
    What? If you carry in anyplace that has a 30.06 sign that meets the legal requirements you will probably be arrested. Read the 30.06 law.

SOMEBODY needs to read the law, but it ain't young gun.

(e) It is an exception to the application of this section that the property on which the license holder carries a handgun is owned or leased by a governmental entity and is not a premises or other place on which the license holder is prohibited from carrying the handgun under Section 46.03 or 46.035.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

jbgramps

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    Austin
    SOMEBODY needs to read the law, but it ain't young gun.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I stand corrected. I guess even old folks can occasionally learn something new.

On another note. I should go to one of these rallies at the Capital. Being retired and living in Austin I could go anytime. Just not sure what these rallies have accomplished. No I'm trying to be sarcastic. I really don't if anything has come out of these rallies.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Just not sure what these rallies have accomplished. No I'm trying to be sarcastic. I really don't if anything has come out of these rallies.
    That's sort of how I feel about all protesting, but then again I don't really understand the target audience (i.e. politicians).

jbgramps

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    Austin
    That's sort of how I feel about all protesting, but then again I don't really understand the target audience (i.e. politicians).

I'm certainly not an expert or politician, but seems to me it's the lobbyists and special interest lawyers who have access to legislatures. If you want to get politicians to listen to you, then hire a lobbyist.

I guess I would feel differently if the a thousand people showed up at these rallies and presented a digestible message for the MSM to cover. I just don't understand how these long gun carry folks expect to influence the guys who make the laws.

On the other hand, I'm not against the rallies.I wouldn't mind attending a rally at the Capital just to hear a few speakers and meet like minded people. I view them more as a pep rally for us rather than trying to win friends and influence people. But If I see Kory I'll turn my back on him.

Last edited:

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I imagine it's a numbers game.

Only a small minority of supporters, say 1/100, will actually show up for a rally. So if 100 people show up that equals 10,000 potential voters. Course, just a few idiots can make that group of 100 look like a fringe group.

(Just guessing at numbers as an example)

Yes, the lobbies matter, but so does reelection.

jbgramps

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    Austin
    I imagine it's a numbers game.

Only a small minority of supporters, say 1/100, will actually show up for a rally. So if 100 people show up that equals 10,000 potential voters. Course, just a few idiots can make that group of 100 look like a fringe group.

(Just guessing at numbers as an example)

Yes, the lobbies matter, but so does reelection.

I'm thinking about making a sign that says "I'm not Kory Watkins" and taking to the Capital on the 28th. When/If Kory shows up I'll turn my back on him and hold up the sign. Kind of hokey, but it got MSM attention for the NYC cops. Haven't decided yet, seems kind of hokey. But I might do it anyway just cause I'm so PO'd at OCTC for making rational gun owners look bad.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    On the other hand, I'm not against the rallies.I wouldn't mind attending a rally at the Capital just to hear a few speakers and meet like minded people.
    I went to the rally a couple years ago where one of this site's founders was a speaker. It was interesting. Don't think it accomplished anything :laughing:

I'm thinking about making a sign that says "I'm not Kory Watkins"
    I think that's giving him too much press...

BIGPAPIGREG

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio, TEXAS
    I'm thinking about making a sign that says "I'm not Kory Watkins" and taking to the Capital on the 28th. When/If Kory shows up I'll turn my back on him and hold up the sign. Kind of hokey, but it got MSM attention for the NYC cops. Haven't decided yet, seems kind of hokey. But I might do it anyway just cause I'm so PO'd at OCTC for making rational gun owners look bad.
    that would be perty good

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    If ican make, and others too, just go in andvtalk to as many peoplecas you can. Mabe make up some fliers. Just remind them that he does not represent us all. Above all, be cordial.

from an idgit coffeeholic

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    I went to the rally a couple years ago where one of this site's founders was a speaker. It was interesting. Don't think it accomplished anything :laughing:

I went to that as well and all the Alex Jones nuts were giving everyone a bad name holding up signs that had NOTHING to do with the 2nd Amendment... 9/11 was inside job, blah blah... Even if you believe that, take that shit somewhere else.

Top Bottom