Join TexasGunTalk

October Guns Shows in San Antonio

Discussion in 'San Antonio' started by majormadmax, Oct 1, 2013.

1. majormadmax

majormadmax TGT Addict

Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    OK Guys, I am a bit behind because I spent the majority of last month overseas; but the SAXET gun show is this coming weekend (5-6 Oct) and the better Premier one is the weekend following (12-13 Oct).

Most likely we'll be going to both, and will have breakfast at the normal locations (IHOP before SAXET, and Teran's before Premier, both at 8am).

If anyone's interested and needs more details, post up here. I will do my best to get more info up but most of us know the drill when it comes to these shows.

Cheers! M2

2. Heinz Bar

Heinz Bar Active Member

Jun 12, 2013
    Spring Branch
    Wife and I will be at the Saxet. We plan on a hearty IHOP breakfast before hand. See you there!

3. majormadmax

majormadmax TGT Addict

Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Here are the details I am posting on other forums...

4. shortround

shortround TGT Addict

Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    I have not attended a SA gun show since March of 2013.

If you want to be raped by high gun and ammo prices -- have at it.

With a little patience, I've found plenty of .22LR, 9mm, .45 Auto, 7.62x39, and 5.56mm at 2012 prices locally and elsewhere.

Bought more guns and ammo at better prices this year than in the past fifteen years.

Wal-Mart, Cabela's, and Academy are our best friends.

I avoid the LGS for the same reason as gun shows.

5. wakal

wakal Dreadnaught Industries LLC

Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    I've had great fun at the SAXET shows filling in gaps in my WWII military "all countries" collection. I didn't have one of those at the start of the year, but for the prices rather nice representational samples have been going for as the yabbos demand "black rifles" it hasn't been difficult or expensive to do so.

Speaking of black rifles, I'll have a couple of cases of Dreadnaught AR lowers on hand. Let me know you are TGT and I'll cut you the LE discount ;)

Alex

6. majormadmax

majormadmax TGT Addict

Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    You're missing the point. First, admittedly gun shows are not the best place to find the cheapest prices on ammo; but during the "drought" I was able to score ammo that was vacant from store shelves.

Secondly, I challenge any of the businesses you listed to provide as wide of a selection of firearms that can be found for sale at the shows. The new Gander Mountain in SA had exactly one AK for sale, an overpriced WASR-10 that I could find a better deal on at the show. Additionally, your chances of negotiating a deal at those stores is nil; whereas I have scored some great firearms at shows that you'll never see at WalMart, Cabela's or Academy much less be able to wheel and deal on.

Thirdly, gun shows much more than just buying guns and ammo. We have some great crowds that show up for breakfast, and many people on here get to put a face to a screen name and actually learn who the person is behind the avatar. Many times that comradely flows into the show, and people will walk around in groups and help each other find things or even just learn about them. Then there are the vendors themselves, many of which are more than happy to simply talk about firearms in addition to sell them. So there's obviously educational benefits.

Lastly, there's the sheer pleasure of being around that many firearms and accessories, as well as like-minded people. Gun shows are a gathering of the firearms community, and you'll have folks from all walks of life coming together, sharing stories and helping each other. For the five bucks or so it costs to get in, there's little else that can provide such a level of entertainment, education and enjoyment than spending a couple of hours at a gun show.

And I get an even greater joy of them as my 16-yr-old son accompanies me. It won't be long before he's off to college and seeing the world on his own. This time is precious to me and I know one day I will look back at going to these shows together as quality father-son time. There are many positive aspects of gun shows that could be removed and it wouldn't bother me, but this is the one thing about them that means the most to me and the rest are simple, as they say, "gravy."

So while you may have your reasons for not wanting to go, that's understandable but I contend there are more reasons to go than not to...

Cheers! M2

7. BIGPAPIGREG

BIGPAPIGREG TGT Addict

Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio, TEXAS
    I should be in for the SAXET Mike......shortround its real simple, don't come.

8. bodhi

bodhi Active Member

Sep 28, 2013
    Hello all,

I'm new to these parts. Always looking to meet new people and make new friends in the shooting community.

Is the pre-gun show breakfast open invite? If so, where is it exactly?

Thanks.

9. wakal

wakal Dreadnaught Industries LLC

Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    Just show up...

IHOP on the corner of Marbach and 410...a block up from the gun show venue. You can smell your way there...

10. Vaquero

Vaquero Pre-ban Staff Member Admin

Apr 4, 2011
    Out West
    They let me in, once.