• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Buckshot Wade

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2018
    Gone
    Oh come on BW. This entire story reeks of bullshit.
    Even if it went down like it is being told it is a screw up of monumental proportions.
    What do you think would happen to you had you done this? You would be under the jail and you know it.

I'm an honorably retired third generation peace officer. I've been in three shootings over a 28 year span. Last ten years in service I headed up the shooting investigation team that investigated EVERY discharge of an officer's weapon on or off duty. So, yeah, I've been there. You?
    Unless you were there how does anyone outside the participants know what happened? The investigation will run its course and if foul play or improper procedures were involved, then I.A.D. will go from there to the Chief's desk or the D.A. office.
    Hurley's Gold

Buckshot Wade

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2018
    Gone
    I fail to see why that matters. We have no power over either officer.
    Are you the thought police now?

No power over the officer? True. You weren't there So how would you know?

Thought police? Really? You're going with that?
    Did I walk into a liberal bar or something?
    Hardly, I'm a realist that believes in facts.
    Well enough of this, y'all think what you want. Believe what you "think" what happened. Me? I'd rather wait for the investigation to conclude than speculate on a case I'm not involved in....

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    Just remember you're seeing the news on Nobody But Clinton network. I'll withhold judgement until the investigation is complete but I will say there won't be a coverup by IAD, but the public won't have direct access to that. Only the Chief and the DA. Now what they say????

Oh, the "rumors" within the ranks would put any guessing on here to shame.

jetcycles

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Shoreacres, TX
    Not only do we have retired LEO in the room, we were blessed to have one that has above average knowledge of all officer discharged weapons and their scenarios (related to his area of responsibility, I don't know how large that was nor how many discharged weapons were investigated). I can certainly appreciate the knowledge you must have gained regarding discharged LEO weaponry during your 10 years serving in that roll. Having said that, please feel free to add further input on either situation discussed in this thread, but I'd much prefer to discuss the shooting that resulted in a man's death if possible. None of us have the facts of this case, we've established that. All we know is what's been reported, we've established that. You seem to be irritated by the stance that some people choose to take, but your defense currently lacks merit as it is solely based on "y'all aren't or haven't been cops, you wouldn't/couldn't understand" which is no more factual than the theories you detest. I'll start with a basic question for you; Will she be subject to intoxicant testing?

Nevermind, it seems as he's left the building while I was typing.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

jetcycles

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Shoreacres, TX
    Just remember you're seeing the news on Nobody But Clinton network. I'll withhold judgement until the investigation is complete but I will say there won't be a coverup by IAD, but the public won't have direct access to that. Only the Chief and the DA. Now what they say????

Oh, the "rumors" within the ranks would put any guessing on here to shame.
    Not all news is "fake news".

https://www.fox4now.com/news/nation...-apartment-thinking-it-was-her-own-police-say

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    According to the article the DPD officer fired at the man inside of his apartment.
    This begs the question: How did she gain entry into a different apartment than her own?
    Based on the article she "confused" his apartment with hers so it is logical to assume she lived in the complex and would/should have been familiar with the layout.
    Now its been a while since I lived in an apartment but do they still have that big number thingie right up there on the door?
    It is also logical to assume her door key would not work in another different apartment door. Correct? I guess it could happen but doubtful.
    So if her key didn't open the lock on the man's apartment how else would she been able to open the door?
    Did she, as a police officer, have some lock picking device or master key? Would that not be Breaking and Entering?
    Maybe she KNEW the guy and knocked on the door. He answered the door. This kinda blows the entire "confused" story right out the window. No?

jetcycles

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Shoreacres, TX
    His door could have been unlocked, in theory. She may not lock her door, and simply opened his door after mistaking it for her own and not trying to use a key, in theory. Then again, she might have noticed the differences between apartments and turned around asap, in theory. The news will likely only report what is reported to them, and I bet that will be less info than they would receive had the tables been turned.

Moonpie

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    His door could have been unlocked, in theory. She may not lock her door, and simply opened his door after mistaking it for her own and not trying to use a key, in theory. Then again, she might have noticed the differences between apartments and turned around asap, in theory. The news will likely only report what is reported to them, and I bet that will be less info than they would receive had the tables been turned.

Agreed

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    I support the blue, no question.

In addition to taking notes, cops are relied upon to recount facts and details from memory.

Yet this is a gal who doesn’t recognize that’s she’s not in her own damned home?

Really?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Moonpie

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    I support the blue, no question.

In addition to taking notes, cops are relied upon to recount facts and details from memory.

Yet this is a gal who doesn’t recognize that’s she’s not in her own damned home?

Really?

You noticed that too?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    All this makes me wonder if they make donut scented candles. I'm curious.

Don't get wrong. I'm not buying one. Just wondering if they make them.

Top Bottom