• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    According to CBS Channel 11 on tonight’s 10 pm newscast, there was a first hand witness to the shooting inside the victim’s apartment the police did not know about. “She” has made herself known to the lawyer representing the victim’s family.

The lawyer said even the DA apparently didn’t know about the lady being there (i.e., inside the apartment during the shooting). Now the DPD has scheduled a news conference for in the morning (Monday).

Moonpie, don’t give up on your first idea yet! (post #10)

The lawyer was going to hold his own “news conference” announcing about the witness if the police didn’t. So apparently the lawyer has forced the hand of DPD to come clean about what was going on...

{to be continued in the am}

Last edited:

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    “Jean's family has also hired attorney Benjamin Crump, who is best known for representing the families of Trayvon Martin and Michael Brown.”

He must have one helluva ‘sales pitch’, ‘cause his track record sure stinks! If I was advising the family, I’d recommend they find a lawyer with a little higher batting average!

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    https://abc13.com/officer-charged-after-man-shot-in-apartment-she-thought-was-hers/4196387/
    "Officer Amber Guyger was booked into the Kaufman County Jail after being taken into custody, the Texas Department of Public Safety said in a news release. The department said the investigation is ongoing and that no additional information was available.

"A jail employee said Guyger was released on bond. Online records initially showed Guyger was in custody, but she later was not listed on the jail inmate roster."
    Why Kaufman County?? Both shooter and shootee lived and worked in Dallas County. And shooting took place in Dallas County.

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    https://abc13.com/officer-charged-after-man-shot-in-apartment-she-thought-was-hers/4196387/
    "Officer Amber Guyger was booked into the Kaufman County Jail after being taken into custody, the Texas Department of Public Safety said in a news release. The department said the investigation is ongoing and that no additional information was available.

"A jail employee said Guyger was released on bond. Online records initially showed Guyger was in custody, but she later was not listed on the jail inmate roster."
    Why Kaufman County?? Both shooter and shootee lived and worked in Dallas County. And shooting took place in Dallas County.

Simple, no tv cameras or news media making a circus out of it.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Maybe they didn't wanna mess with her birthday plans?

FtVZSte.jpg

ETA: Ah, never mind. I can't read.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    So she thought she was in her apt, she saw an intruder, she shot him. All reasonable, and allowed by law (if you are in your home).

Interesting to see what the defense strategy will be. I imagine it will be the usual, she acted reasonable given the information she had at the time.

Last edited:

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    According to CBS Channel 11 on tonight’s 10 pm newscast, there was a first hand witness to the shooting inside the victim’s apartment the police did not know about. “She” has made herself known to the lawyer representing the victim’s family.

The lawyer said even the DA apparently didn’t know about the lady being there (i.e., inside the apartment during the shooting). Now the DPD has scheduled a news conference for in the morning (Monday).

Moonpie, don’t give up on your first idea yet! (post #10)

The lawyer was going to hold his own “news conference” announcing about the witness if the police didn’t. So apparently the lawyer has forced the hand of DPD to come clean about what was going on...

{to be continued in the am}
    That witness a female? Maybe the officer was not up for a 3 way? My more curious Q is how did authorities not know about the witness? She shimmy out a window?

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Maybe they didn't wanna mess with her birthday plans?

View attachment 148252

ETA: Ah, never mind. I can't read.

I can read the part where is was DCSO that made the arrest, in Kaufman County. They just can't help themselves giving her privilege.

Wonder how many hours in advance she had notice this was coming down. If Botham had shot her in her apt, do you think he would get same treatment?

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    So she thought she was in her apt, she saw an intruder, she shot him. All reasonable, and allowed by law.

Interesting to see what the defense strategy will be. I imagine it will be the usual, she acted reasonable given the information she had at the time.

Soon:

TwF0S7l.jpg

And that poor Boost Mobile kiosk is gonna get burned down again.

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    “Jean's family has also hired attorney Benjamin Crump, who is best known for representing the families of Trayvon Martin and Michael Brown.”

He must have one helluva ‘sales pitch’, ‘cause his track record sure stinks! If I was advising the family, I’d recommend they find a lawyer with a little higher batting average!
    Maybe they should have gone local? Say former DA Craig Watkins?

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    I can read the part where is was DCSO that made the arrest, in Kaufman County. They just can't help themselves giving her privilege.

Wonder how many hours in advance she had notice this was coming down.

No, I meant the part where I thought her birthday was 8th of September.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    No, I meant the part where I thought her birthday was 8th of September.

I know, but in posting that, I saw who made the arrest. So DCSO knew she was there, as opposed to her just turning herself in to nearest PD.

Though it is common to allow this, it is bad optics.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Love to know if DPD re-armed her after taking her gun that night. That would be a first, re-arming a killer and cutting them loose.

Top Bottom