• TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    well if you are only reading every 5th page and only seeing same arguments you are clearly missing all the evidence summaries that are being provided each day. Yes the signal to noise ratio is low, but there is lots of fact in there.
    I have been waiting on my vehicle to be finished for an hour and a half, so I am fully up to date on this thread now.
    Texas SOT

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    It is the same arguments every five pages, or every page for that matter despite the new information.

There is clearly bias one way or the other in this discussion as well, and some who are claiming to be "impartial" are far from it.

92 pages in and no one on here knows how the jury will decide. That just demonstrates that the evidence is not clear in either direction and the outcome will most likely be a surprise despite only three possible outcomes.

By the way, most police officers' first priority after a shooting is securing the scene, not rendering first aid to victims. That is what EMTs are for...

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    92 pages in and no one on here knows how the jury will decide. That just demonstrates that the evidence is not clear

Demonstrates no such thing. Juries are unpredictable, OJ, Casey Anthony, etc. Evidence was quite clear, jury did what it wanted.

Most of the evidence in this case is clear and not in dispute.

El Spicoli

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2019
    Grand Prairie
    The prosecution rested its case this afternoon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah many were surprised by that. The Prosecutor seemed to lack a strategy. I find it hard to believe he swayed someone on the jury let alone all 12. Toby Shook is a great attorney so it should be interesting to see how they proceed tomorrow.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    and that splatter bleeding blood whatever the term would be in places that should paint a picture where he was. Along with entry angles through clothes etc this really should not be a mystery. Also we have the trajectory of the bullet miss
    Splatter is flying blood, not common from handguns.
    Clothing may
    Prosecution case is pretty simple.

Yep, it is pretty clear she shot and killed him and she intended to use deadly force against him. Murder fits and the state made its case.

Like you wrote, it is now the defenses job to establish a justification for what the prosecution has proven. I think there are two questions for the jury

1) Did the state prove, beyond any and all reasonable doubt, she commited murder? No= Not guilty/ Yes= see question 2

2) Did the defense establish a reasonable doubt that she met the justifications required by law for a defense to prosecution? Yes = Not guilty/ No= Guilty

The state has to prove the crime beyond a reasonable doubt. The defense does not have that burden for the defense to prosecution.

Texas Penal Code

Sec. 2.03. DEFENSE. (a) A defense to prosecution for an offense in this code is so labeled by the phrase: "It is a defense to prosecution . . . ."

(b) The prosecuting attorney is not required to negate the existence of a defense in the accusation charging commission of the offense.

(c) The issue of the existence of a defense is not submitted to the jury unless evidence is admitted supporting the defense.

(d) If the issue of the existence of a defense is submitted to the jury, the court shall charge that a reasonable doubt on the issue requires that the defendant be acquitted.

(e) A ground of defense in a penal law that is not plainly labeled in accordance with this chapter has the procedural and evidentiary consequences of a defense.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Splatter is flying blood, not common from handguns.
    Clothing may

Well as unbelievable as it is, it was reported late today they did not test the couch for blood.

eta

It was also reported the DPS arrest warrant had several false claims in it, one was the claim Guyger performed First Aid, I missed the others.

Last edited:

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    So I finally got around to watching the body cam footage. Apartment layout isn't what I had pictured in my mind. Did a little digging at the apartment website, and I've also been inside the building before it was converted over to apartments during the initial design phase.

Lot's of cookie cutter floorplans, so I guess it's a little easier to see her confusion with same floor plan, same appliances, lay out, etc. If I'm right, and it's the A4 design. It's listed at 876 sf with a rent ranging from $1225 - $1785/mo.
    A4 3D.jpg

She opens the door, bright lights on in the kitchen, sees straight ahead the tv is on in a low lit living room beyond, and a figure who likely got up when someone opened his door and started screaming.

I wonder if he was simply putting his ice cream down on the table when he saw it was a cop that came in and that explains the angle he was shot?

No way of knowing, but seeing the layout, I'm guessing things were over in a split second.

Attachments

• A4 3D.jpg
      A4 3D.jpg
      59.8 KB · Views: 218

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    witnesses who heard them and heard shots said maybe 20 seconds, a little longer than what dragon-z thought.

I wonder how accurate the witnesses are? 20 seconds is a very long time in a gun drawn situation. To someone sitting on the couch, 20 seconds doesn't sound like very long at all. Especially if you were asked a day or tow later. But the longer it took her to shoot, the worse things are going to be for her. Too much time to figure out things weren't right doesn't help her.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    I wonder how accurate the witnesses are? 20 seconds is a very long time in a gun drawn situation. To someone sitting on the couch, 20 seconds doesn't sound like very long at all. Especially if you were asked a day or tow later. But the longer it took her to shoot, the worse things are going to be for her. Too much time to figure out things weren't right doesn't help her.

who knows. It was reported it was 3m:44s between when she hung up with bf (in parking lot) and when she called 911

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Was she the first to call 911? I'm assuming shots fired in a building like that would have others calling as well. 3.44 is a long time to get out of the car and walk to a door. But then again maybe she hung up with boyfriend before pulling in the garage.

Still so many holes in this story, and so many coincidences that however unlikely, had to come together to even let this happen.

I've heard that 15% - 20% of residents admitted to going to the wrong floor and going to the wrong door. (I'm assuming 0% of first floor folks made that mistake). Did anyone mention what percentage of the locks in the building malfunctioned the same way that would allow someone else to open it? Or was his the only wrong door in the whole building she could have opened and he just happened to be exact same floor plan and one floor up?

Top Bottom