Ok our most asked question. How do you answer: Why do you carry a GUN??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    Everyone has been asked, I do not want to ever be caught off guard. I want to shut them up and leave an impression at the same time.

Ones I have thought of saying.

-Because I watch the news

-Because I refuse to be a victim

-Because it is my responsibility to protect myself and family at any means.

-Dont ask me that

Then they might say... Well... What are the chances of...?

Now im stuck.
    Hurley's Gold

bwdilli

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2008
    Cause a cop is just to damn heavy.

Seriously, it's because I take responsibility for myself and my family.

MAJIK_BONE_77

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Nowhere
    Every reason listed is a good one, and every one is a good enuff reason on its own to carry, but the first and most important reason I carry a gun is because it is my Right, I am allowed to "keep and BEAR arms" by the constitution. As far as I'm concerned its not just a right, its a responsibility, one that our Founders entrusted to us, that we should always be ready incase of a worst case scenario happens, whatever that may be, it could be as simple a someone trying to mug u, or someone threatening a family member, or it could be someone u don't even know that u see having their life threatened, but most importantly it is the scenario that we never want to happen, and the one our founders most feared, by bearing arms, each and every one of us are helping to prevent a corrupt government from completely stripping away our rights.

Why do I carry a gun?

Because this is America Dammit, and I'm doing what I can to help keep it free!!!

308nato

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Between Tomball & Waller
    Every reason listed is a good one, and every one is a good enuff reason on its own to carry, but the first and most important reason I carry a gun is because it is my Right, I am allowed to "keep and BEAR arms" by the constitution. As far as I'm concerned its not just a right, its a responsibility, one that our Founders entrusted to us, that we should always be ready incase of a worst case scenario happens, whatever that may be, it could be as simple a someone trying to mug u, or someone threatening a family member, or it could be someone u don't even know that u see having their life threatened, but most importantly it is the scenario that we never want to happen, and the one our founders most feared, by bearing arms, each and every one of us are helping to prevent a corrupt government from completely stripping away our rights.

Why do I carry a gun?

Because this is America Dammit, and I'm doing what I can to help keep it free!!!

Best answer out there so far.:patriot:

Outbreak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2010
    Abilene, TX
    For the "what are the chances" question, I ask what the chances are of their house catching fire. Pretty low, right? But you keep a fire extinguisher around, right?

I HAVE had an electrical fire, and if I HADN'T had a fire extinguisher handy, I would've lost my house and the three other families in the row would've been homeless, too.

Since statistically unlikely things seem to happen to me (I've been struck by lightning...twice), carrying a gun seems like a smart thing to do.

Seabear1500

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Corpus Christi
    What do ya say when the dumbasses ask... what are the chances of that?

I can't recall where I read this, but it is an excellent piece of information.

There are 400,000 house fires every year out of 105,000,000 million homes . That is one fire in 263 homes.

DOJ figures state that victims of violent crime are 20/1000, that's i in 50.

The odds of being a victim of a violent crime are way higher than having a house fire. I have insurance on my house, and a fire ext. So I am dang sure going to protect myself and my family.

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    I've looked people stright in the eyes and said "What gun?" That shuts up the ones that it would not have done any good to answer in the first place....But the one that seems to work the best is "Because we live 120 miles from the border...why don't you?"

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    i've looked people stright in the eyes and said "what gun?" that shuts up the ones that it would not have done any good to answer in the first place....but the one that seems to work the best is "because we live 120 miles from the border...why don't you?"
    yep +100000000

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    I've looked people stright in the eyes and said "What gun?" That shuts up the ones that it would not have done any good to answer in the first place....But the one that seems to work the best is "Because we live 120 miles from the border...why don't you?"

yep +100000000

When they look at me funny, I've followed it up with "You don't watch much news, do you?" and when they look at you with "that look" I just shake my head and say "Well, you know where I live..." and leave it at that.

KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    Well here is another thing that a liberal will say. "Well... You are paranoid!!"

What do you say now?

I would typically say, "you must have a false sense of security, cops cant save you!"

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    When I'm asked I either get a real quizzical look on my face and say "Doesn't everyone?" or I get a huge ear to ear grin going and enthusiastically state "To win!". I don't get asked follow-up questions, lol...

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    Well here is another thing that a liberal will say. "Well... You are paranoid!!"

What do you say now?

I would typically say, "you must have a false sense of security, cops almost never get there in time."

The NATIONAL AVERAGE response time of police to a 911 call is 8 minutes...

Pappy

Resident Septuagenarian
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    Texas
    Here are some answers from the TSRA;

They want you to say-----------but it's better to answer;
    gun nut = Firearms enthusiast
    Pro-Gun = Pro-Rights
    Gun control = Crime control
    Anti-gun movement = Anti-defense movement
    Semi-automatic handgun = sidearm
    Assault weapon = Household firearm
    Saturday night specials = Racist gun laws
    Junk guns = The affordability issue
    High capacity magazines = Full capacity magazines
    Second amendment = Anti-rights/anti-gun prejudice

When they say = you answer;

Guns kill = guns save lives
    Guns cause crime = guns stop crime
    Guns are too dangerous to own = Take a safety class
    People shouldn't have guns = only the good people should have guns
    The only purpose of a gun is to kill = the main purpose of a gun is to protect
    All guns should be taken away = bad guys first

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    sephiroth0085
    Top Bottom