Guns International

Ok our most asked question. How do you answer: Why do you carry a GUN??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    Why I carry "Guns"?
    I carry guns for three reasons.
    1. Because my 45 will always enforce my God givin right.
    2. Because my 12 gauge really hates criminals!!
    3. Even though they are very different, both the 12 gauge and the 45 work so well together.

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    Because I am compensating.....

Compensating for the fact that God did not make me badass enough to take on a bunch of hoodlums empty handed.
    Compensating for the fact that I feel responsible for defending my wife and kids.
    Compensating for not having a policeman in my back pocket.

Sounds like we're compensating for basically not being Chuck Norris.

OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    I carry because of something that happened to a guy I work with. He has a hot temper. One day coming to work a car cut him off while getting onto Central Expressway here in Dallas. The car came speeding up the entrance ramp trying to get into a small gap between my friend's car and the car in front of him. This car narrowly missed the front end of my friend's car and had to slam on it's brakes to avoid hitting the car in front of him. My friend gave the driver the one finger wave. This enraged the driver. Later the driver followed my friend until they both stopped for a red light. The irate driver jumped out of his car and flashed a pistol at my friend. My friend then ran the light and drove away. He called the police, but they never found the other car.
    I hope I never have to use my pistol, but if this had happened to me; the police would have found the gun waving guy dead at the intersection.
    Another friend of mine always says "it is better to beg for mercy from a jury of your peers, than on your knees in front of a bad guy with a gun pointed at you".

Sid

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 14, 2010
    Austin
    Cripes, OldVet, that's a heck of a story I would not want to experience personally.

As a humorous retort, I say I carry a gun because I enjoy being an occupational hazard to criminals. :D

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    You guys use way too much dialog.
    First, I don't hang around with ANYONE who would even ask a question like that.
    Second, I don't try to persuade anyone about my rights. I tell them to get the Hell out of my business. I'm famous for that and it shuts people up real fast.

Flash

Top Bottom