• ...and so much more!
  • easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    My personal problem is their need to attempt any sort of dialogue with the police. Show up, film the entire encounter and remain silent, minus any legally required answers (if any) to LEs questions. Anything beyond that is counter productive.
    Agree!

OFFascist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Portland, TX
    My personal problem is their need to attempt any sort of dialogue with the police. Show up, film the entire encounter and remain silent, minus any legally required answers (if any) to LEs questions. Anything beyond that is counter productive.

I suppose it really depends on what the purpose of the individual recording is. I know there are some 1st amendment auditor types who do just that, they will record in a public place and just remain silent regardless of what the police/security asks them. They do that because they are exercising their right to record and to remain silent.

Open Carry Texas' deal is more along the lines of wanting to educate law enforcement on what is legal and not so that they stop doing things like this. If you are trying to educate someone most of the times you will need to talk to them.

There is a news article on this now.

http://www.tdtnews.com/news/article_3019257e-3229-11e8-9add-3b60806aff34.html

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Folks on the video wanted a confrontation......and got one....

I some times wonder if they are really doing for the cause or the attention...

jmho....

tonyt79

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2017
    Lavon
    Folks on the video wanted a confrontation......and got one....

I some times wonder if they are really doing for the cause or the attention...

jmho....

Seems to me that they do this to get their YouTube subscriptions. There would be many other ways to do these types of audits more effectively. Why not just reach out to the chief or sheriff and try to set up some type of meeting or even training. But I believe they do it for show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I watched several of the OCT videos and I believe that yes, the police did seem to be a bit out of line, almost to the gestapo point, but then OCT seemed to push the police into arresting them.

I'm not sure that trying to educate the police in a confrontation is an effective means. People in general are not very open to listening when they are on the defensive.

OFFascist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Portland, TX
    Seems to me that they do this to get their YouTube subscriptions. There would be many other ways to do these types of audits more effectively. Why not just reach out to the chief or sheriff and try to set up some type of meeting or even training. But I believe they do it for show.

Well CJ did call and speak to the police chief over the phone about these issues.

The same police chief is the one who assaulted CJ at this latest incident.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Yeah, Grisham has a history of instigating police encounters...

http://www.kxxv.com/story/24004165/christopher-grisham-retrial-begins

"Grisham can then be heard yelling that Ermis can't take his weapon and that he has a concealed carry license and is legally able to have the gun."

Maybe Grisham should brush up on the Texas Government Code (more specifically section 411.207) a bit before making such incorrect statements.

I honestly believe that such shenanigans are going to get Grisham's head blown off one of these days...

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    OCT does things in a manner to make 2A supporters look like deuchebags galore. They are the BLM of the 2A crowd. They go looking for confrontation and cry when they find it. IMO they and their antics are the reason why open carry barely passed and constitutional carry stalls.

I honestly think they are working to hamper 2A efforts.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    As I have mentioned before, myself and another member of this forum were the subject of a "concerned citizen" who called the police alleging "someone was shooting at a billboard at a Valero station" (according the officer who responded) while in fact what was going on was my buying a .22 rifle and checking out the scope by safely pointing it up into the air.

What transpired was a SAPD patrol car rolled up on us and the officer asked us a few questions. We politely answered, and offered to provide ID and/or the rifle to be inspected to prove it hadn't been fired. He declined and explained why he had to investigate. We clearly understood and cooperated the best we could. The entire encounter was over over with in a matter of minutes, and we freely went on our separate ways.

The obvious point is such situations can be quickly and easily resolved with both parties being respectful and cooperative with each other. I sincerely believe that is the case in the vast majority of instances, but OCT and Grisham go "above and beyond" to force the situation into a worst case scenario in attempts to forward their cause. What they end up doing is giving us all a bad name. Grisham is a narcissistic moron who doesn't let common sense get in the way of his actions. There are far more productive ways to improve police-gun owner relations, but he feels his confrontations are going to have a positive outcome in our favor. It just doesn't work that way, in fact his actions will ultimately result in all of us potentially being treated more harshly.

The sooner Grisham and OCT go away, the better...

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Olmos Park has an ordinance banning anyone other than police from carrying a loaded firearm. CJ and Big Jim were down there bringing light to that insane ordinance after hearing about the police harassing multiple people over it. He talked with the police chief about it the day prior to ensure no drama would come about, and then got the opposite of what he was promised from the same chief.

I agree - he's rough around the edges at times, but Olmos PD was 100% in the wrong on this one. I'm not seeing a thing they did right.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Did he get arrested?

Has he filed a lawsuit to get this ordinance overturned / deemed unconstitutional?

If not, then its just starting shit, and making the rest of us look bad.

tonyt79

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2017
    Lavon
    I know that being an idiot is not against the law, but doing the things he does could cause him a lot of trouble. I am not scared of guns, I own a fair share.

But if I was at that gas station across the street with my family and this a-hole is posted up on the corner with a rifle.... It would not take much for someone to think he has bad intentions. Specially with multiple people running around filming on their phones.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    These guys are on Reddit, claiming “we didn’t fight, we just refused to comply”.

But they’re also saying the cops refused medical treatment and erased the SD cards on their phones.

Imho there’s some “poking the bear” going on with these guys.

They claim to do “de-escalation training” with police departments, but I’m having a hard time believing this is done in an official capacity beyond similar street encounters that may or may not end well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

pharmaco

Give me those potatoes
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Round Rock
    I know that being an idiot is not against the law, but doing the things he does could cause him a lot of trouble. I am not scared of guns, I own a fair share.

But if I was at that gas station across the street with my family and this a-hole is posted up on the corner with a rifle.... It would not take much for someone to think he has bad intentions. Specially with multiple people running around filming on their phones.

If you can't tell the difference between a a grown man with assburgers causing a scene to get attention and an actual, dangerous situation that could result in violence, I don't know what to tell you

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    But they’re also saying the cops ... erased the SD cards on their phones.
    I find it hard to believe that anyone who does the stuff OCT does would care about that. Surely they're simultaneously uploading everything, right?

Top Bottom