• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OFFascist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Portland, TX
    The courts upheld the officer had the legal right to disarm Grisham.

Just because you and OCT don't agree with the actions and decisions of those involved doesn't mean you're right...

I posted the code and disarmament is based on a "reasonable belief," which is a subjective and not as clear as you claimed.

In that one case it had to be interpreted by a court and was deemed legit, that is not to say it will be the same in any other cases.

I give the benefit of the doubt to the individual, not to the state.
    Gun Zone Deals

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I always have to fall back on the saying "is it worth dying over?". If I believe the police overstep their authority, I'd rather fight it in court, not let my family have to fight it after I'm gone.

OFFascist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Portland, TX
    I always have to fall back on the saying "is it worth dying over?". If I believe the police overstep their authority, I'd rather fight it in court, not let my family have to fight it after I'm gone.

This is what I tend to do for the most part, but I wont shit on others who choose to exercise their rights differently though.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    The police in this case were following orders, right or wrong is not the issue on the street. You can ask questions, but if they insist, especially with guns drawn, you must comply, otherwise it will be taken as resisting arrest.

Policing policies are above the average cop's pay, the battleground is the court and the council chambers.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    "Nobody's gonna get towed."

Wow. That's naive.

If the PD truly wants to hassle these guys, they'll just close the on-street parking. Hell, they can close it after everybody is parked and then tow everybody away after they've assembled to march,

If this guy is expecting the PD to play hardball, surely he understands the dirty tricks that can happen, right?

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    They are parking and meeting outside of Olmos Park. I don't think SAPD is going to go full retarded to backup OPPD.
    So the parking spots he showed on the map aren't actually in the jurisdiction that they're protesting? That's smart. Thanks for the info.

ETA - Checked some maps and you're absolutely correct. The staging area and all the suggested parking spots are outside of Olmos Park. It appears the staging area is ~7 blocks from City Hall.

Last edited:

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Why protest there again? The ordinance was over turned.

Just to pick a fight again? Or run the cops noses in the fact that the prior arrests were wrong?

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    ...run the cops noses in the fact that the prior arrests were wrong?
    The video says there were arrests made under other ordinances. They seem to be expecting to be arrested for things other than the ordinance that was repealed.

OFFascist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Portland, TX
    Why protest there again? The ordinance was over turned.

Just to pick a fight again? Or run the cops noses in the fact that the prior arrests were wrong?

I think its more of a demonstration than a protest. Mass amount of people exercising their rights, and we will all get to see if Olmos Park PD has changed its ways or if they will double down on acting stupid.

OFFascist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Portland, TX
    Well if anyone wants to see a perfect example of fakenews check out this reporting from some Austin TV station.

https://www.facebook.com/SuziInTx/posts/10212071918493044

Someone posted the clip on facebook.

The banner reads "multiple arrested at open carry rally," they edited in a clip from back when CJ was arrested. In reality nobody was arrested today.

They claimed the arrests were for a violation of a new city ordinance that prohibited carrying of a loaded rifles/shotguns, in reality the unlawful city ordinance that did that was repealed.

That is the kind of reporting that one would expect from a dystopian police state; are we there yet?

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Well if anyone wants to see a perfect example of fakenews check out this reporting from some Austin TV station.

https://www.facebook.com/SuziInTx/posts/10212071918493044

Someone posted the clip on facebook.

The banner reads "multiple arrested at open carry rally," they edited in a clip from back when CJ was arrested. In reality nobody was arrested today.

They claimed the arrests were for a violation of a new city ordinance that prohibited carrying of a loaded rifles/shotguns, in reality the unlawful city ordinance that did that was repealed.

That is the kind of reporting that one would expect from a dystopian police state; are we there yet?
    Are you sure that's not just incompetence? They seem particularly terrible at their jobs.

OFFascist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Portland, TX
    http://www.tdtnews.com/news/article_38434af4-4c96-11e8-81f5-af7e264c39a3.html

A felony charge filed last month against Open Carry Texas founder CJ Grisham by the Olmos Police Department has been dismissed.

The charge of assaulting a peace officer stemmed from a March 27 protest in the San Antonio enclave city and was dismissed Thursday because there was insufficient evidence to prosecute the case, according to the dismissal form signed by a Bexar County magistrate.

There was plenty of video evidence, it just didn't show what the police put down on their reports.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    There was plenty of video evidence, it just didn't show what the police put down on their reports.
    giphy.gif

Top Bottom