• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    go back to him and tell him thanks for the good advice and that you also found out that they just passed a law where you have to yell "DON'T MAKE ME SHOOT YOU!" , 3 times prior to firing you gun in defense

I heard 4 times :p

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    No, no, no, no, no!

You have to yell "HE'S COMING RIGHT AT US!" before you shoot.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    It was a coworker. I asked him to show me where it states that law. I will see what he comes up with tomorrow.

Maybe in his case it is a good idea, such as with Barney Fife!

But for the rest of us who responsibly conceal carry, the vast majority of use believe Condition 1 is the only way to carry!

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    go back to him and tell him thanks for the good advice and that you also found out that they just passed a law where you have to yell "DON'T MAKE ME SHOOT YOU!" , 3 times prior to firing you gun in defense

You joke, but when I was doing air base security back in the UK during the 1980s, we were required to shout a warning three times before we were allowed to actually shoot! I still remember it..."Stop, stand still!" "Stop, stand still!" Stop, or I'll shoot!" Luckily, I never had to use it. :P

RiceKrispie

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2014
    Houston
    Thank for all the replies and clearing this up. You guys/girls are awesome!(Hilarious too)
    Here is the follow up: I politely asked him if he had found the law that stated I couldn't carry one in the chamber. He had nothing too say. Although he did let me know he doesn't feel safe with one in the chamber.
    Next time I see him I will ask for the CHL instructors name.

Mike1234567

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    South Texas
    I only let my dog out after he poops on the floor. I only pay my bills after they've shut me off. I only apologize to my girlfriend after she leaves me. I only pay my property taxes after they've auctioned my home. I only chamber a round after I'm dead. Texas laws may be dumb but they ain't friggin' stoopid.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    You joke, but when I was doing air base security back in the UK during the 1980s, we were required to shout a warning three times before we were allowed to actually shoot! I still remember it..."Stop, stand still!" "Stop, stand still!" Stop, or I'll shoot!" Luckily, I never had to use it. :P

that was just for you Lakenheath USAFE weenies, us SAC guys here in the states would just take care of business:popcorn:

hellishhorses

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    Eddy
    A guy from work brought a gun by my desk to look at and while he was unloading it, another co-worker asked "You brought a loaded gun to work?" so I replied "An unloaded gun is just a club!"

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    LOL.

Hopefully he didn't violate company policy, and the other employee doesn't get y'all in trouble over it.

hellishhorses

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    Eddy
    LOL.

Hopefully he didn't violate company policy, and the other employee doesn't get y'all in trouble over it.
    No — the owner would have said the same thing. There are usually six CHL holders in our office — we outnumber the non's.

ETA: Our only company weapons policy is that new purchases must be brought in and showed off. I've built three AR's in the conference room for employees while on the clock.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    No — the owner would have said the same thing. There are usually six CHL holders in our office — we outnumber the non's.

ETA: Our only company weapons policy is that new purchases must be brought in and showed off. I've built three AR's in the conference room for employees while on the clock.
    Pffffffffffft show off

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.

Pffffffffffft show off

It really WOULD have been a good trick if the clock was still on the wall.....

Top Bottom