One thing I like to point out to anyone who is anti hunting but eats meat

Discussion in 'Texas Hunting & Fishing' started by TXBSAFH, Jan 19, 2009.

1. TXBSAFH

TXBSAFH Active Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Clear Lake
    One thing I like to point out to anyone who is anti hunting but eats meat is that the animals in barnyards, pastures, or pens aren't exactly charging you, teeth bared, weapons at the ready, yelling "Sparta!!!!!" Deer on the lease have a lot more of a chance then they do, and at least a hunter gets his own meat and does not hire it done.

2. kville79

kville79 Active Member

May 24, 2008
    Austin
    Not to mention the animal has a chance at a natural life, and not penned in on a factory farm... hunting is more ethical and humane IMO.

3. JKTex

JKTex Well-Known

Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    WTF scared this up out of left field?? :headscratch:

4. Texas Patriot

Texas Patriot Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Spring
    P.E.T.A is a P.I.T.A. :shifty:

5. onac255

onac255 Active Member

Mar 2, 2008
    El Paso, TX
    +1

6. TXBSAFH

TXBSAFH Active Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Clear Lake
    A neighbor of mine trying to lecture me on th evils of hunting. This shut them up.

7. photofreeman

photofreeman Member

Jan 12, 2009
    I don't hunt. Been twice, not my cup of tea. Don't like killing live things. Get grossed out at the thought of gutting an animal. And I know this will upset some, but sitting in a blind waiting for the domesticated (by feeding) trained Deer to come for their free meal so you can shoot them is not hunting. Its closer to shooting the family dog.

That said if its your thing, I will stand with you and defend your right to hunt, in any manner. America needs hunters. Hunting game management is crucial to the Deer and other species population.

I don't have to like it, or be active in it. However as a gun owner and one that loves to shoot wild and nasty coke cans, I must fully support my fellow shooters rights. So know there are a lot of us out here. Were on your side, we just don't want to go hunting with you. I do enjoy the campfire and the stories.

8. Texas Patriot

Texas Patriot Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Spring

Hey man, I used to be exactly where you are. I only gave it up and went to deer hunting cause I got cut too many times trying to gut those coke cans. :rofl:

No, seriously, I appreciate your point of view, and it proves that we don't all have to believe in exactly the same use of a firearm, but we all believe that we have the right to use them in legal recreational or home defense purposes, whichever suits our particular tastes.

9. kingofwylietx

kingofwylietx Well-Known

Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    You may be pleased to know that a lot of hunters still hunt. We get out and stalk our prey. It's not a guaranteed kill, such as sitting in a blind, in front of a feeder. It requires skill, patience, and luck.

I do understand using a blind. Some people don't have the time to do it old school, but want meat for their freezer (that does not come from the grocery store).

10. zembonez

zembonez TGT Addict

Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    My take on hunting and eating the kill is this:

Cows are bred for meat, fed for meat, and have exactly zero real quality of life yet we kill and eat them as if it was perfectly normal. Wild game animals live a wild and free life in open land for sometimes years prior to being taken as food...

Which seems more fair to the animal to you?