• ...and so much more!
  • V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Well I can't find anything that tells the distinction, I just wanted to be correct.
    If we had true Constitutional Carry, an LTC wouldn't be necessary at all........both LTC and Non LTC would be treated the same.....

Currently, people carrying without an LTC are subject to more restrictions than an LTC........i.e......permitless carry.....

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    If we had true Constitutional Carry, an LTC wouldn't be necessary at all........both LTC and Non LTC would be treated the same.....

Currently, people carrying without an LTC are subject to more restrictions than an LTC........i.e......permitless carry.....

Exactly. Calling it Constitutional Carry when CC has more restrictions than LTC is Newspeak

george b

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2023
    Texas

I guess I really don't think that is correct. Can you please explain it ?

In Texas, you absolutely do not need any kind of permit to carry....open or concealed.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    I guess I really don't think that is correct. Can you please explain it ?

In Texas, you absolutely do not need any kind of permit to carry....open or concealed.

I can't explain it more clearly.........

If you aren't aware of the differences....do your home work........

george b

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2023
    Texas
    I can't explain it more clearly.........

If you aren't aware of the differences....do your home work........
    You can't explain it more clearly? hahaha You didn't explain it at all and I don't think you have any idea now do you ? Why not just say that ? I've done my homework and there is no difference. Kind of seems like you don't know what you are talking about.

Last edited:

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    You can't explain it more clearly? hahaha You didn't explain it at all and I don't think you have any idea now do you ? Why not just say that ? I've done my homework and there is no difference. Kind of seems like you don't know what you are talking about.
    There are a number of differences. Having an LTC allows you to bypass 30.05 signs for one and there are others. That's why you should actually read up on what an LTC allows over permitless carry. Coming in as a Newby you had better make sure you know what you are talking about before posting.

Last edited:

ScottDLS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2020
    Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
    "Constitutional carry" isn't a legal term. So there is no specific legal definition. The premise is that because the 2nd amendment provides that the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed, and the14th amendment prohibits the States from infringing it, then anyone should be able to carry (bear) arms, without that right being infringed. Requiring a license is arguably an infringement. Setting other limitations on carry may or may not be. I guess one could argue Vermont has the closest thing to "Constitutional Carry" as there is no law generally prohibiting it. I think the term permitless carry is more descriptive and accurate for Texas, but neither is a legal term.

Lead Belly

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe
    trap.jpg

george b

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2023
    Texas
    There are a number of differences. Having an LTC allows you to bypass 30.05 signs for one and there are others. That's why you should actually read up on what an LTC allows over permitless carry. Coming in as a Newby you had better make sure you know what you are talking about before posting.
    Guess I missed the memo putting you in charge....

Top Bottom