• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    This is ridiculous! This is an anti gun move by GD MFing commiefornia loving police chief and a bunch of libard SOBs. This is a plain and simple cut and dry advance on the 2nd amendment.
    Military Camp

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    Its going to interesting to see if the same thing will happen in san anton. or if its just liberal austin. Wonder why the nra hasnt stepped in yet?? Heck get the show out of austin completely. Move it up more north..HECK move it to the cedar park center!! I hate austin, only reason i went to the city was the saxet show. How come everything has to be south of round rock??

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Someone posted these on the site where I originally heard about this...two differing viewpoints from different news sources in Austin:

APD makes recommendations on illegal sales at gun shows

Gun show owner, police at odds over recommendations

I still am suspicious of Texas Gun Shows, but maybe it is the Austin PD being the bad guys here. Do they really think they can make up laws as they go along?!?

This is an interesting story, I can't wait to see how it plays out and how things will be at this coming weekend's SAXET show here in San Antonio. That kind of liberal bullshit does not fare well in this town!

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    I have a gut feeling that Texas Gun Shows is a little more complicit than they are letting on, but that is all I have, a gut feeling. Seems wrong that the ATF and APD could strong arm them. I think Texas Gun Shows probably could have made a fight out of it if they really wanted. The law is defineatly on their side.

Oh well, all I have is conjecture and ramblings. I really wasn't planning on going to one of their shows simply because I spent more time driving to and from the last one I went to than actually being inside.

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    It's amazing to read how many different versions of the story there are. Sad that factual data is so hard to come by these days.

As far as intimidating anyone. I wouldn't put it past either the ATF or APD, but I seriously doubt that they had to do a lot of intimidating Vic there is truth to the numerous arrests and convictions all they have to do is "inform" the owner that their tenant is helping foster an environment where criminal activity can flourish. Mention the possibility of liability and a few other well chosen legal terms and I can see HEB, Walmart or whoever doing an immediate CYA action and updating the lease terms.

The whole thing sucks and the sad part is that in fact it's the city's sanctuary policy that is fostering an environment where criminal activity can flourish.

It wi be interesting how this turns out. It has the potential to be a serious shot across bow of gin owners.

kurt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Tyler, Texas
    It's amazing to read how many different versions of the story there are. Sad that factual data is so hard to come by these days.

As far as intimidating anyone. I wouldn't put it past either the ATF or APD, but I seriously doubt that they had to do a lot of intimidating Vic there is truth to the numerous arrests and convictions all they have to do is "inform" the owner that their tenant is helping foster an environment where criminal activity can flourish. Mention the possibility of liability and a few other well chosen legal terms and I can see HEB, Walmart or whoever doing an immediate CYA action and updating the lease terms.

The whole thing sucks and the sad part is that in fact it's the city's sanctuary policy that is fostering an environment where criminal activity can flourish.

It wi be interesting how this turns out. It has the potential to be a serious shot across bow of gin owners.

Yeah, if only APD was as concerned with illegal alien activity any other time. I got rear-ended by an illegal with no license, registration or insurance and he got a ticket. He then got in his vehicle and drove off. APD's explanation was that they had marching orders not to tow or leave anyone on foot due to the sanctuary city thing.

Dallas239

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Texas
    Someone posted these on the site where I originally heard about this...two differing viewpoints from different news sources in Austin:

APD makes recommendations on illegal sales at gun shows

Gun show owner, police at odds over recommendations

I still am suspicious of Texas Gun Shows, but maybe it is the Austin PD being the bad guys here. Do they really think they can make up laws as they go along?!?

This is an interesting story, I can't wait to see how it plays out and how things will be at this coming weekend's SAXET show here in San Antonio. That kind of liberal bullshit does not fare well in this town!

From those articles, it seems like ATF might not have been involved. There's no law that says HEB must allow gun shows on their property, and there is no right to buy a gun in someone else's parking lot. So it appears that the owner of the property doesn't like what's going on there, so they decided not to allow anymore gun shows on its property. I don't have to agree with HEB's decision, but it's their decision to make.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    And as long as it was a decision made without pressure from a governmental body, our only arguement is w/HEB for impeding our rights to participate in a legal activity. IF , in fact, they did take such actions - and I'm waiting to make my mind up - then they'll not see another dollar from me.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Look at and consider the corrupt history of the ATF. I think we should give Texas Gun Shows the benefit of the doubt and consider them innocent until proven guilty guys. I approach this whole thing with the odds set against the ATF to begin with, as they have already proven beyond a shadow of a doubt exactly what they are capable of and that tactics such as those alleged are completely feasible for them to have done. I try not to be biased and to make decisions logically, based on the facts. However everyone has to admit that the cards are stacked against the ATF as being the likely culprits, so lets not jump the gun and risk alienating or hurting a "friend" (Texas Gun Shows) when those that are decidedly not our friends have already proven they are fully capable and have a history of doing the things alleged.

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    There was a meeting tonight that sig fiend and i went to last night about this whole issue and there were plans made to try and take care if this, i believe sig said in the other post about last nights meeting that he is going to put the events in the activism thread.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Sorry, Texas Guns Shows is no "friend" of mine; they've taken my money at way too many shitty shows and I still think there is stink on them over what happened in Austin. If the property owners didn't want to hold gun shows there, why would they allow the events to happen knowing it would cause such a backlash?

Secondly, the December TGS show in Austin was a huge failure, then suddenly the APD and ATF step in and impose the Draconian restrictions on them? It still smells like bullshit to me, and I would not be so quick to absolve TGS of any involvement or blame; especially after they canceled the SA Event Center shows without warning or explanation...

Major Woody

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2008
    Although many people don't like Alex, he has talked about this for days now, and people all over the world now know about this.
    People in Minnesota are asking why aren't Texans raising hell about this, and one thing that makes them crawl back into their holes is publicity when they encroach on our rights. I'm going to try to contact him to see if [another bad word] Jesse Ventura can do a show on this. Put in on the TV, nationally, to warn other states about this, because it isn't going away, they will just shut down SA too if they can. Yes where is NRA, GOA, JPFO? Until they pick this up, it's up to gun owners locally to act. Funny, the BATF is pulling this in Tennessee and Texas, two very gun loving states, to see how far they can go.

thorkyl

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Brazoria County
    Completely unlawful

Texas Government code

Sec. 235.023. PROHIBITED REGULATIONS. This subchapter does not authorize the commissioners court to regulate the transfer, ownership, possession, or transportation of
    verity_arrow_left.gif
    firearms
    verity_arrow_right.gif
    and does not authorize the court to require the registration of
    verity_arrow_left.gif
    firearms
    verity_arrow_right.gif

and

Sec. 229.001.
    verity_arrow_left.gif
    FIREARMS
    verity_arrow_right.gif
    ; EXPLOSIVES. (a) A municipality may not adopt regulations relating to the transfer, private ownership, keeping, transportation, licensing, or registration of
    verity_arrow_left.gif
    firearms
    verity_arrow_right.gif
    , ammunition, or
    verity_arrow_left.gif
    firearm
    verity_arrow_right.gif
    supplies.

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    From what we got in the meeting last night was the APD and ATF were using the public nuisance law to shut them down. And they sent illegal aliens with TXDL in to buy firearms just so that they could shut it down.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    And as long as it was a decision made without pressure from a governmental body, our only arguement is w/HEB for impeding our rights to participate in a legal activity. IF , in fact, they did take such actions - and I'm waiting to make my mind up - then they'll not see another dollar from me.

Don't agree.

The government should not be involved in working to deny Americans their legal rights, even without pressure.

Dallas239

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Texas
    How did HEB imped your rights to do anything? You don't have any right to buy or sell guns on HEB property. And the Constitution doesn't apply to HEB as it only restrains the actions of the government. By all means, don't shop at HEB if you don't like their position on this issue, but they haven't infringed your rights.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    If HEB, as the landlord, wrote the contract that said TGS must have all sales proceed through an FFL (as has been alleged), then they materially participated in the action. That would be reason enough for me....maybe not for you or anyone else.

Top Bottom