Open Carry at Church

Cory S.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dec 17, 2015
Does anyone know of any churches in the Dallas/Fort Worth area that will allow congregation members to open-carry on church grounds and/or inside the sanctuary? On the flip-side, does anyone belong to a church that has decided NOT to allow their members to open-carry?

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Feb 13, 2015
Rural Wise County, TX.
I went to a Funeral at a church a few months ago and I carried (concealed). I did not see any signs so I just walked in and sat down with the rest of the local mourners.

bob

Last edited:

vmax

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Apr 15, 2013
my church has never posted and will not post Jan 1 but we will not allow OC come Jan 1
we will notify verbally

open carrying a gun in church falls under the category of "just because you can doesn't mean you ought to"

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
May 28, 2008
Ft Worth, TX
my church has never posted and will not post Jan 1 but we will not allow OC come Jan 1
we will notify verbally

open carrying a gun in church falls under the category of "just because you can doesn't mean you ought to"
Good enough for the mall but not church? Really?

vmax

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Apr 15, 2013
Good enough for the mall but not church? Really?

yeah...pretty much. I don't go to the mall to worship The Lord. See the difference there? nah, didn't think you would.

why would you want to OC in a church when you could CC?

We have lots of older folks, some of them might be uncomfortable with seeing it in a place of sanctuary.

It would be a distraction for a lot of people. The worship service is about giving your full attention to God. We want to discourage distractions so that the sanctuary is a comfortable, inviting place for all people so come and devote that time to The Lord

We ask people to mute their cell phones for the exact reason we won't allow OC. We ask that people please use the nursery if you have a small child that is crying loudly for the same reason. If someone walks in OCing a gun we are going to ask them to please conceal it, that's all.

I will OC lots of places but I would not OC in a church out of respect for God and other people there, I wouldn't even consider it because it could cause some other person, who came there to worship to be distracted.
sorry if you don't get that

lots of men CC in our church each Sunday. If a person comes through the door yelling Aloha Clark Bar and pulls out an AK, he will probly get shot in the face by a red blooded American man.

Last edited:

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
May 28, 2008
Ft Worth, TX
yeah...pretty much. I don't go to the mall to worship The Lord. See the difference there? nah, didn't think you would.
Really? Attack my faith? How Christian of you. And what does worship have to do with carry?

why would you want to OC in a church when you could CC?
I won't OC anywhere. Do you feel the same about the mall?

We have lots of older folks, some of them might be uncomfortable with seeing it in a place of sanctuary.
And if one of those SAME older folks were to be uncomfortable seeing it at the mall, **** em there?

It would be a distraction for a lot of people. The worship service is about giving your full attention to God. We want to discourage distractions so that the sanctuary is a comfortable, inviting place for all people so come and devote that time to The Lord
So you support any business banning open carry?

We ask people to mute their cell phones for the exact reason we won't allow OC. We ask that people please use the nursery if you have a small child that is crying for the same reason.
Sure....all in the bill of rights, too.

I will OC lots of places but I would not OC in a church out of respect for God and other people there, I wouldn't even consider it because it could cause some other person, who came there to worship to be distracted.
sorry if you don't get that
I "get" that you are a hypocrite regarding this.

lots of men CC in our church each Sunday. If a person comes through the door yelling Aloha Clark Bar and pulls out an AK, he will probly get shot in the face by a red blooded American man.

What if shooting Hadji would make the older people uncomfortable?

Products discussed on TGT

Top Bottom