• ...and so much more!
  • Savage805

blueberry in tomato soup
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 23, 2013
    paradise, ATX
    As far as public opinion which I feel is the main problem.
    If I'm not mistaken this is all about getting open carry of handguns. The best idea I've heard yet has been to wear an empty OWB holster. Maybe with a training (blue plastic) handgun or obvious toy gun in it. This would be much more likely to bring up the subject for polite conversion about the topic in a nonthreatening way with the general public at large. Anyone can do it anywhere they go. Showing their support and raising awareness without scaring the hell out of everybody and their kids. I don't recall who here bought up this idea but it sounds like the smartest way to go. We could all protest everywhere everyday all day.

As far as changing the law, I don't know enough to comment.
    Hurley's Gold

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    for those folks against the OC rally tactics but for a change in Texas law for OC handguns:

What is the best course of action, in your opinion to get the law changed? I'm a little curious, because for well over 150 years, we have not been able to OC handguns here in Texas so others before us have not had any success trying other methods to get the law changed.

Concerted pressure on lawmakers.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013

that hasn't been tried in the past 150 years?

I'm just thinking what our options are here. It seems like the Texas Lawmakers have their areas they won't budge on very easily no matter how much pressure. I remember how long it took to get voter ID passed. How many sessions did it take? The Dems were wheeling in representatives in hospital beds to vote against that.

Last edited:

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    We are so close now though, just don't need public sentiment going the wrong way. Renegade put it very well but I can't find the post.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

franzas

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Richmond, VA

Yep.

When I first joined this board, I was for OCT. I saw 'Open Carry' and got all bright-eyed. But then I realized how counterproductive the whole long guns thing is when trying to pass legislation for handguns. Not to mention how it hurts our image, especially those who have legally carried a handgun.

Our best bet is to find good 2A candidates and vote conservative.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I think they actually did a little good with the rallies at the capital and the Alamo. Since then they have (or the membership) have lost their way.

They had a time, and brought OC to the front of the table, got more people involved. That was good. Now they need to step back. They can still be OCT, but should change gears and start working in a different way. Hand out fliers, give supporters contact info and encourage them to push their reps.

We have the manpower and the support to get these changes, we just need to work together and stop fighting each other. We have to stop being each others enemies.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I've heard it said that there is "no such thing as BAD publicity." The Open Carry guys have proven that wrong.

Flash

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I like the blue gun OC idea. If a lot of individual start doing it, we might get some traction.

It could also get some good conversations started when people ask what you are carrying a blue gun for. Which could lead to getting someone to the range, which could lead to another fence sitter moving to our side.

kusai

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Bedford TX
    Can someone old and wise start a thread mentioning the "right" way to get open carry passed. Something new members and read and work on grass root level and we can put it up as a sticky or something ? Not too long but just a few bullet points etc which are easy to read and work upon.

Thanks

Top Bottom