• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • craigntx

Masta Copypasta
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    Cypress, Tejas
    Yeah, you're going to have to fill us in on how that went down. I'm all ears.

they made me hunch over the bike, one took my wallet out of my pocket. once they saw i wasn't a bad guy, we had a fun little convo about guns.
    i had told them it wasn't illegal, what i was doing. they admitted such but said "it (oc) isn't something you see every day.

i had a disassembled colt 6920 strapped across the back seat, cased, they checked for mods, hehe

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    they made me hunch over the bike, one took my wallet out of my pocket. once they saw i wasn't a bad guy, we had a fun little convo about guns.
    i had told them it wasn't illegal, what i was doing. they admitted such but said "it (oc) isn't something you see every day.

i had a disassembled colt 6920 strapped across the back seat, cased, they checked for mods, hehe
    So they stopped you without reasonable suspicion, admitted they knew they were conducting an illegal stop, basically stole your wallet, then searched a container on your vehicle also without justification?

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    So they stopped you without reasonable suspicion, admitted they knew they were conducting an illegal stop, basically stole your wallet, then searched a container on your vehicle also without justification?

There was reasonable suspicion for the stop. They did not conduct an illegal stop, they did not "steal" his wallet (please refer to the penal code for "theft") and I don't believe the search was without justification (see Terry vs Ohio).

Come on man.

craigntx

Masta Copypasta
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    Cypress, Tejas
    There was reasonable suspicion for the stop. They did not conduct an illegal stop, they did not "steal" his wallet (please refer to the penal code for "theft") and I don't believe the search was without justification (see Terry vs Ohio).

Come on man.
    the stop itself was w/0 justification (except i was kinda hauling a)
    the search- i understand about that, i coulda had a stashed pistol

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin

Come on man.

What was the RAS? He didn't say he was speeding, or violating any laws.

Justification for a search under Terry involves suspicion that someone is armed and dangerous, not just armed, IIRC. And a Terry frisk does not give justification to take someone's wallet. Weapons or drugs sure, but a wallet?

Also everything you quoted was in the form of a question. I suspect there is more to the story, and craig did subsequently admit he was speeding.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    What was the RAS? He didn't say he was speeding, or violating any laws.

Justification for a search under Terry involves suspicion that someone is armed and dangerous, not just armed, IIRC. And a Terry frisk does not give justification to take someone's wallet. Weapons or drugs sure, but a wallet?

Also everything you quoted was in the form of a question. I suspect there is more to the story, and craig did subsequently admit he was speeding.

Here a few years ago a DPS stopped me for no reason at all. I liked his attitude toward things and he pretty much liked mine.
    They were looking for somebody, thats all I can figure because he stopped me for no reason at all.
    First question he asked, Where was I going, Doesnt matter I said.
    Second question, Got any guns, I said doesnt matter, but yea!
    Third, any drugs in the truck, I said, Hell No.
    Fourth, he asked if I had anything illegal on me or in my wallet. Getting annoyed I attempted to hand the guy my wallet and said have a look, I got places to be.

The DPS officer told me he took an oath to uphold the state and federal Constitution and said he could not search my files and wouldnt take my wallet.
    We had a conversation about gun, being legal and all, unless your a felon of restricted by some kind of crime. He checked my license and gave it back to me.
    I asked him if it was difficult to be that way about the constitution and do what is expected of him. He really didnt say anything but I think it would be very hard to unhold the U.S. Constitution by a conservitive Law Man when state laws infringe on those rights you swore to.
    He was a pretty good guy and actually tought me some stuff that day.

So to conclude, I think those cops violated your right when they took your wallet!! Might not be against state law, I really dont know, but those are your personal files and should require a warrant to remove!!!

Stumpy

Landman/Presbyterian
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    Slaton, TX
    Hahaha y'all guess what? I'm sitting here at the dps(in Midland) renewing my drivers license and I overhear these guys talking about long guns and open carry. And I hear one of them say that his dad was the one carrying the ar15 in downtown midland and everyone freaked out several months back. He then said "he brags about it a lot".
    Lol, how about that?

Stumpy

Landman/Presbyterian
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    Slaton, TX
    Hahaha y'all guess what? I'm sitting here at the dps(in Midland) renewing my drivers license and I overhear these guys talking about long guns and open carry. And I hear one of them say that his dad was the one carrying the ar15 in downtown midland and everyone freaked out several months back. He then said "he brags about it a lot".
    Lol, how about that?

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    Lol, how about that?

Top Bottom